Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1

    Post wwe have tv writers, not wrestling bookers..

    My first post..

    It is obvious, wwe only books for the moment, they do nothing for the long-term. They do something one month and pretend it never happened the next. Why? Lazy writers, who don't have a proper wrestling background and don't know the history.

    One example for this is the Nash/HHH feud. It's common knowledge they were in the KLIQ together in the 90's, which is vaguely mentioned at times.. BUT!! Remember the big 2003 feud that HHH/Nash had? Culminating in a Hell in a Cell match, where a heel HHH clean pinned a face Nash for the blow off, it was a perfect fued where the veteran Nash put over a HHH in his prime.

    Fast forward 9 years, the writers nowadays probably don't remember/have no idea it ever happened, and bring Nash back as a heel to face HHH in a meaningless angle that had it's blow off 9 years ago. I have no problem with Nash being back, but why couldn't they of put him in a proper program with Punk instead. That would of worked well, because of the real life beliefs both guys have against each other. Then after the blowoff when Nash would put Punk over, why not have him align with Del Rio as a Virgil? That would be perfect, wouldn't it?

    Having a 2011 HHH/Nash fued was an insult to a perfect 2003 blow off, which highlights wwe's common problem of not aknowledging past relevance.

    If they referred to the past more often, making the future relevant, wouldn't it gain more interest?

  2. #2
    I definetly agree with you about the writers in the WWE...they are terrible now. But i disagree with you about the Nash/HHH fued, I thought it was done nicely and one of the best fueds the WWE has had in awhile.

  3. #3
    I agree the Nash/HHH feud was done well compared to most of the stuff done these days, but I didn't see any reason for it to happen.

    Plus the only reason it was done well was because they actually put a sickle worth of time and energy into it. Any angle could be done well if it had a good deal of input.

  4. #4
    The Trinity URATOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the phone to yo momma
    Posts
    2,966
    Have you any idea how impossible it would be to come up with plots a feuds for a dozen matches a week, over two shows, without tripping over old rivalries from time to time? It happens. It's a scripted entertainment show.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    Have you any idea how impossible it would be to come up with plots a feuds for a dozen matches a week, over two shows, without tripping over old rivalries from time to time? It happens. It's a scripted entertainment show.
    I do understand that. But that's what seperates semi-decent tv writers from great wrestling writers with a passion for the business, and it's history.

  6. #6
    The Trinity URATOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the phone to yo momma
    Posts
    2,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Blackman View Post
    I do understand that. But that's what seperates semi-decent tv writers from great wrestling writers with a passion for the business, and it's history.
    So can you tell me when we last had great wrestling writers?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    So can you tell me when we last had great wrestling writers?
    "Great wrestling writers" are those who study the history of the talent they are writing for, plan long term for the angles they write them, and are 120% enthusiastic about writing the storylines and aren't willing to take shortcuts.

    There hasn't been many of them in recent history, but I'm sure the tv writers they have now could do great things if they put the effort in.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    Have you any idea how impossible it would be to come up with plots a feuds for a dozen matches a week, over two shows, without tripping over old rivalries from time to time? It happens. It's a scripted entertainment show.
    That's a cop-out. This could go for anything. And shouldnt.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Blackman View Post
    My first post..

    It is obvious, wwe only books for the moment, they do nothing for the long-term. They do something one month and pretend it never happened the next. Why? Lazy writers, who don't have a proper wrestling background and don't know the history.

    One example for this is the Nash/HHH feud. It's common knowledge they were in the KLIQ together in the 90's, which is vaguely mentioned at times.. BUT!! Remember the big 2003 feud that HHH/Nash had? Culminating in a Hell in a Cell match, where a heel HHH clean pinned a face Nash for the blow off, it was a perfect fued where the veteran Nash put over a HHH in his prime.

    Fast forward 9 years, the writers nowadays probably don't remember/have no idea it ever happened, and bring Nash back as a heel to face HHH in a meaningless angle that had it's blow off 9 years ago. I have no problem with Nash being back, but why couldn't they of put him in a proper program with Punk instead. That would of worked well, because of the real life beliefs both guys have against each other. Then after the blowoff when Nash would put Punk over, why not have him align with Del Rio as a Virgil? That would be perfect, wouldn't it?

    Having a 2011 HHH/Nash fued was an insult to a perfect 2003 blow off, which highlights wwe's common problem of not aknowledging past relevance.

    If they referred to the past more often, making the future relevant, wouldn't it gain more interest?
    I'm with you man. Good post. Clarified a very big hole in WWE creative.

  10. #10
    oh my brother testify!!! I've been posting on here forever about how the WWE and Tna's main problems are not no new young guys being over, or the pg rating..It's the writers...bring back bookers and let guys cut their own promos. What made wrestling was it was improv at it's best with guys who lived their characters.
    The silverback alpha male needs no signature

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.