Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AirBourne View Post
    Wait, the title can't change on a count-out, what is going on????!??!
    It seems wrestling fans have a short memory
    Titles can't change hands via count out or DQ. They made it confusing though by not having the announcer say "And still your WWE champion, CM Punk!".

Quote Originally Posted by DUBS View Post
    Also, what was the point in having Cody Rhodes lose to Daniel Bryan in like, 3 minutes when he has a big IC Title defense on Smackdown against Booker T?
    To make Bryan look good maybe? Who needs this more, the IC champion, or the world heavyweight champion who hasn't been taken seriously by many? I'd say that was a good match for it's length, and they did the right thing in having Bryan go over Rhodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffy Duck's Finest View Post
    It was nice to see Raw's first match of 2012 involved two Smackdown superstars. Stay classy WWE!
    It's "Raw Supershow", meaning that Smackdown talents can show up anytime. I thought you'd know this since it's been like that for months now - even the show opening has SD talent!

I thoroughly enjoyed Raw last night to be honest, glad I stayed up to watch it. I'll take it in reverse order, I cannot believe that people were complaining about the end of the show, Kane trying to drag Ryder beneath the ring? I'm telling you now, if that had happened 10 years ago, all the so called 'attitude era marks' would have been creaming their pants, yet they're complaining about it now? Can't please some people it seems. Cena, actually had a good night, his Promo was a little dry, and his love in with Ryder right at the end after Kane disappeared was a little bit too much but still Cena wasn't bad tonight. Ryders cheesy looking face was pure gold though!

Raw is Jerichooooooo! Oh boo hoo, he didn't say anything and just danced around the ring for 10 minutes and disappointed everyone who thought he was going to cut the promo to end all promos. I LOVE how he trolled everyone, it was brilliant, the fastest heel turn in history. Jericho is back, but don't dare expect that his storyline will kick in before the RR, not gonna happen. IMO the segment was great, a really nostalgic moment for me, the only thing that let me down was they didn't send out Skip Sheffield out first to add to the trolling.

Punk vs Ziggler was yet another PPV quality match performed by these guys, absolutely fantastic, it just proves you don't need spots to ensure an entertaining match. These guys are both wrestlers and it really shows with the high quality they both bring to the ring. As for the ending of the match, first of all I expected Punk to get a Cena win, IE interference but STILL managing to beat Ziggler. To have Ziggler win but Punk to retain, Win/Win for the IWC, seing as everyone raves about both men, but then again like I said, can't please some people. I thought the ending to the match was really entertaining, say what you want about Lauranitis, he entertains me a little, not a lot, but he gets a few things right.

Oh you might have noticed I left out the Divas match, was terrible, 'nuff said.

Onto Barrett, I am so glad he squashed Santino last night, not because I don't like Santino, but because Barrett needs it and Santino enjoys playing the fool, Win/Win again for both men. Orton will appear at the rumble, he won't win it as much as the main page of EWN wants us to believe, he'll eliminate Barrett and himself in the process, then vanish until after WM, called it. Where does Barrett go from here, probably a quick feud with Show after D-Bry retains on SD, and a feud with D-Bry up until EC.

Speaking of D-Bry, yeah i'm disappointed the match wasn't 10 minutes long, and a small package victory was a little underwhelming. But lets face it, WWE aren't going to bury Cody right before a match with Booker, so D-Bry was never gonna make him tap out. I've seen a few people muse over the reasoning for D-Bry to go over Cody, well, he's the WHC, and he needs more credibility, done, sorted.

And that is that, I give Raw a 3.5/5 for last night. Better than most in 2011 at least.

Efed stuff that doesn't matter

1 x IWA World Heavyweight Champion - Malcolm Adonis

Current WWE World Heavyweight Champion - Dean Ambrose

1 x EWNCW Tag Team Champion - Malcolm Adonis w/ Kyojin

Current No 1 Contender to the EWNCW Title - Arthur Lansdale

I lied, it matters.

"Tell me.. what is insane about wanting to create perfection? I'd be crazy not to." - Jarvis Cole

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Torphy View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed Raw last night to be honest, glad I stayed up to watch it. I'll take it in reverse order, I cannot believe that people were complaining about the end of the show, Kane trying to drag Ryder beneath the ring? I'm telling you now, if that had happened 10 years ago, all the so called 'attitude era marks' would have been creaming their pants, yet they're complaining about it now? Can't please some people it seems. Cena, actually had a good night, his Promo was a little dry, and his love in with Ryder right at the end after Kane disappeared was a little bit too much but still Cena wasn't bad tonight. Ryders cheesy looking face was pure gold though!

Raw is Jerichooooooo! Oh boo hoo, he didn't say anything and just danced around the ring for 10 minutes and disappointed everyone who thought he was going to cut the promo to end all promos. I LOVE how he trolled everyone, it was brilliant, the fastest heel turn in history. Jericho is back, but don't dare expect that his storyline will kick in before the RR, not gonna happen. IMO the segment was great, a really nostalgic moment for me, the only thing that let me down was they didn't send out Skip Sheffield out first to add to the trolling.

Punk vs Ziggler was yet another PPV quality match performed by these guys, absolutely fantastic, it just proves you don't need spots to ensure an entertaining match. These guys are both wrestlers and it really shows with the high quality they both bring to the ring. As for the ending of the match, first of all I expected Punk to get a Cena win, IE interference but STILL managing to beat Ziggler. To have Ziggler win but Punk to retain, Win/Win for the IWC, seing as everyone raves about both men, but then again like I said, can't please some people. I thought the ending to the match was really entertaining, say what you want about Lauranitis, he entertains me a little, not a lot, but he gets a few things right.

Oh you might have noticed I left out the Divas match, was terrible, 'nuff said.

Onto Barrett, I am so glad he squashed Santino last night, not because I don't like Santino, but because Barrett needs it and Santino enjoys playing the fool, Win/Win again for both men. Orton will appear at the rumble, he won't win it as much as the main page of EWN wants us to believe, he'll eliminate Barrett and himself in the process, then vanish until after WM, called it. Where does Barrett go from here, probably a quick feud with Show after D-Bry retains on SD, and a feud with D-Bry up until EC.

Speaking of D-Bry, yeah i'm disappointed the match wasn't 10 minutes long, and a small package victory was a little underwhelming. But lets face it, WWE aren't going to bury Cody right before a match with Booker, so D-Bry was never gonna make him tap out. I've seen a few people muse over the reasoning for D-Bry to go over Cody, well, he's the WHC, and he needs more credibility, done, sorted.

And that is that, I give Raw a 3.5/5 for last night. Better than most in 2011 at least.
    Good review. That would make for a decent blog.

Although for the most part the show left me scratching my head, R-truth's segments where he was sneaking up on Miz left me laughing hard. Sorry, but this guy is pure gold.
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

After years of shrugging it off, Cena's beginning to get annoyed by his haters.