Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kaval's TNA shot Help or Hurt?

On NXT last night Kaval did a little rap and at the end said "Call me a rookie and I'll show you what I'm packin but I'm the only reason for some Total Nonstop Action." Do you think that this will help or hurt Kavals WWE Status and do you think that WWE should even be mentioning TNA on any of their shows.

Oh wow....I never knew that Kaval would rap on NXT. I haven't seen it. But I doubt it unless WWE gets all buttsore about it.

#REAL!

Hurt.... Badly

While I am a fan of Kaval, I have serious complaints I would like to take up with him to his face.
    This 'rap' was amusing, better at points than others, but definitely a mistake!

The WWE Machine (Vinny Mac) has been known to fire guys for BS/ Political reason in the past (even as recently as Daniel Bryan)
    But since the inception of NXT, Vince has been making attempts to reconcile his ways of putting over 'Big-Guys' & burying 'Little-Guys"

[ALTHOUGH, Both Daniel Bryan & Kaval, both highly gifted in-ring performers, (who could use some mic improvement) have been burdened with the worst records of their respective seasons.]

With that said I think VKM has given Kaval an opportunity and this rap/ promo/ shoot was in-essence biting the hand that feeds you, possible career suicide, and spitting in an already infamously proud man's face.

WHY?!?! Is it sooo wrong to do what he did? Listen to Cole/ Matthews initial reaction as well as Strikers'
    SHOCK, and confusion. To a duel-fan like me who has followed Low-Ki, OOPS I mean, Senshi, there I go again, Since TNA hearing that was enjoyable BUT VERY SHOCKING and OFFPUTTING, I was totally not expecting that on live WWE broadcasting. It was bad becuz it has the potential to make other fans who are unaware of TNA's product to find out more and not good for business.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel Kaval's intentions were the exact reciprocal of a shot towards VINCE (while I still feel it is becuz of the business stand point and VKM's infamous temper) It seems Kaval's intended victims were his FORMER employers Total Nonstop Action. In a sense the rap was Kaval's way of showing personality and charisma (things according to WWE MANAGMENT, by-way-of Michael Cole, that Kaval does not possess) As well as prove to WWE/ Vince where HIS alliances stand as far as "sucking-up" or endearing himself to VKM.

I hope he does not suffer for his miscalculation of dialog. BTW
    Husky is Better than McGillicuty, JUST SAYING!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it helped or hurt him, but I thought it was funny. I was initially shocked, to say the least.

"WOO WOO WOO, YOU KNOW IT!" - Zack Ryder

Prediction Contest
    Extreme Rules - 28th
    Over the Limit - N/A
    Capitol Punishment - T-69th
    Money in the Bank - T-47th
    Summerslam - T-61st
    Night of Champions - 27th
    Hell in a Cell - T-64

Blog Entries
    Well, it seems to me that if Kaval did mention TNA, then it was only because it was part of his script! And I doubt any writer would have written this unless Vince had approved of it!! Anyway, it sounds to me like WWE taking a shot at TNA!!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Well, it seems to me that if Kaval did mention TNA, then it was only because it was part of his script! And I doubt any writer would have written this unless Vince had approved of it!! Anyway, it sounds to me like WWE taking a shot at TNA!!
    No, It was a shoot. No WWE writer told him to mention TNA...Kaval did that on his own. I hope it dosn't hurt him, or any other independent wrestler (Brian Danielson, Tyler Black...)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hystrix View Post
    No, It was a shoot. No WWE writer told him to mention TNA...Kaval did that on his own. I hope it dosn't hurt him, or any other independent wrestler (Brian Danielson, Tyler Black...)
    And you know this how?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

And you know this how?
    No, you're right. The WWE just changed it's policy on mentioning competition --- overnight.

Come on! It was live. Kaval went off script... listen to the announcers. Even Josh Matthews called it "stupid". Look at ther expression on Matt Strikers face. No one knew he was gonna say that...

Blog Entries
    And you know this how?
    Easy, you can always tell when something is supposed to happen, the announcers. If it was a work, Josh Mathews wouldn't have OPENLY acknowledged that Kaval said something he shouldn't have "Why would you say something like that?!" Or something along those lines where Mathews words. And so now I know somebody is gonna ask "So what? It's not like he said TNA, a 10 year old kid won't know what Total Nonstop Action is." Well simple, kid hears this, asks daddy why Kaval shouldn't have said that, maybe dad doesn't know, dad looks it up on google, and sees that Total Nonstop Action is another wrestling company on Spike TV. BAM! TNA just gained exposure and two more possible fans. Kaval...you eff'ed up

I thought it was great. If you listened to Fortune's (ugh) promo 2 weeks ago, Kazarin stated "We're not some angry rookies" which is mentioning the Nexus. I don't think he got in trouble for that.

Kaval stated that there is no reason to watch TNA because he's the superstar you want to see. I'm fine with it and if the WWE want to have a hissyfit over it, so be it. Kaval did nothing wrong.