Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Rise of TNA or a New #2?

Down off of WWE mountain there are a lot of interesting things going on in TNA and in ROH.

For the first time since 2008, TNA is doing an amazing thing - getting younger. With the rumored exits of Sting, Hardy, and Angle, TNA has no choice but to do what they should of done 4-5 years ago and build new talent. If The American Wolves' signing is an indication of anything, and let's hope it is, TNA is going to be signing more of these hungry, Indy wrestlers and giving them a chance. Back when TNA was very young, this business model saw TNA rise from a little promotion into the national spotlight. For TNA, is this the kick in the ass they needed?

On the flip side, ROH signed AJ Styles for some appearances. Daniels, Kaz, and Samoa Joe's contracts are expiring in the next few months as well. With TNA's lock on their wallets, I don't think it is a stretch that 2 or all 3 of these guys do not resign. Due to their age and their TNA-ness, they really only have two viable options: Japan or ROH. Imagine the roster ROH would have with Styles and a couple of these guys? Could 2014 be the year ROH secures that #2 spot?

While I highly, highly doubt it, maybe a one CM Punk would take a very light schedule to go back to ROH, the place the helped kickstart his career?

agreed. TNA is getting all the things right that wwe isn't. crisp, really good matches, one after the other touching every division so you can get into each title. younger guys working with younger guys. i loved ec3 pumping up spud. it sounded silly at first but it worked. I'm looking forward to the wolves, I've never seen them

as for punk, he's my all time fav and he's acknowledging what's going on in front of him. wwe is stuck up, they hate Wrestlers and he nor Bryan will ever truly succeed.

i wish he'd hit jeff jarrett up, bring paul e with him and contribute to some new WRESTLING

Quote Originally Posted by dustinb12 View Post
    agreed. TNA is getting all the things right that wwe isn't. crisp, really good matches, one after the other touching every division so you can get into each title. younger guys working with younger guys. i loved ec3 pumping up spud. it sounded silly at first but it worked. I'm looking forward to the wolves, I've never seen them
    You cant possibly have typed this with a straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinb12 View Post

as for punk, he's my all time fav and he's acknowledging what's going on in front of him. wwe is stuck up, they hate Wrestlers and he nor Bryan will ever truly succeed.

i wish he'd hit jeff jarrett up, bring paul e with him and contribute to some new WRESTLING
    And what exactly would TNA use to pay Punk? Pretty sure he would be on a massive whack at WWE.

And as far as TNA getting all things right, I think you're stretching that a bit thin considering the Aces and Eights angle that finished not too long ago

oh i dig its not perfect but it is a great alternative to see wrestling, male and female, not this slap and kick crap with the twitter feed interrupting the "action."

another fact that really got my respect is Sting and Angle taking loss after loss to put over younger guys. I'm not a huge Magnus fan but at least he's getting a chance. when is the last time this legitimately happened in wwe?

i really don't know the financial situation, but i don't find they have the desperate feel that WCW had at the end

its the we'll continue not to move and stay where we are

They may be getting younger, but right now only Sting is gone,Contract is over.
    Angle will still be around, for most of the year, and Hardy can't travel to europe.
    So he is still there, storyline wise, he will be back as soon as they come back to US.
    Kaz and Daniels really going back to ROH, for what reason?
    Still rather be on tv than not.

Blog Entries
    It's time for a new venture. TNA will never be able to shake the stigma of starting really strongly and then making mistake after mistake reaching for the gold ring too soon. They will forever be stuck in the kiddy pool with ROH I'm afraid.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    For the first time since 2008, TNA is doing an amazing thing - getting younger. With the rumored exits of Sting, Hardy, and Angle, TNA has no choice but to do what they should of done 4-5 years ago and build new talent. If The American Wolves' signing is an indication of anything, and let's hope it is, TNA is going to be signing more of these hungry, Indy wrestlers and giving them a chance. Back when TNA was very young, this business model saw TNA rise from a little promotion into the national spotlight. For TNA, is this the kick in the ass they needed?
    I must have missed that part

TNA has a long way to go to be considered a solid #2 wrestling organization. Yes, they're getting younger. Yes, Angle and Sting jobbed to younger talent often. But then we have Bully who is considered the #1 heel of the company. Was champion for many years. And was a leader of a group with most of their members fired when it is over. Or Magnus who seems to be in "weak champion" mode ala Randy Orton a few months ago.