Idea for Raw Announce Team

Now, recently there has been a lot of complaining about Michael Cole burying talents too much, so people are saying Cole needs to become neutral again. I think Michael Cole can remain as a heel announcer, but there needs to be a face announcer to oppose what he says (Jerry Lawler). Now, if these two would be disagreeing about everything, they just need a third announcer to keep things neutral and keep them focused on announcing, rather than fighting about whether they like specific wrestlers. This could easily be JR, or whoever else might fit the spot, maybe Matt Striker because he seems knowledgable enough to do this. I think this would provide a good way for people to get to know talents better, with Cole and Lawler pointing out weak or strong sides of certain wrestlers, while JR/Striker/whoever else keeps us focused on the match and helps us follow what is going on. I just really think the three man announce team would definitely help if they could stay organized in what they are doing.

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Good idea. It's better than what they're doing on Raw now obviously. It will be similar to Smackdown - where Josh Matthews actually calls the match. Having JR back on Raw would make it much more interesting.

ET2PMH said it so well, commenting on the blog written by DKWrestlingSaviour about Cole earlier. There just needs to be a better balance in commentary. You need the face announcer to do the play by play, and the heel announcer to do the shit-talking, like in the good ol' days. If Lawler (or whoever) could do a more play by play style commentary, while Cole could say his bile as a supplement, there would be a better balance. But as long as Cole keeps yelling NERD and TWITTER 90% of the time it wont work... How i long for the days of TRUE heel commentary like The Brain and Jesse Ventura....

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomb II View Post
    ET2PMH said it so well, commenting on the blog written by DKWrestlingSaviour about Cole earlier. There just needs to be a better balance in commentary. You need the face announcer to do the play by play, and the heel announcer to do the shit-talking, like in the good ol' days. If Lawler (or whoever) could do a more play by play style commentary, while Cole could say his bile as a supplement, there would be a better balance. But as long as Cole keeps yelling NERD and TWITTER 90% of the time it wont work... How i long for the days of TRUE heel commentary like The Brain and Jesse Ventura....
    I agree with this, except I just feel like there needs to be someone on the team who is completely neutral, and just calls it as it is.

I'm not sure... I would prefer a well balanced two man announcing team I think. It could work with three guys, but it seems like no matter which announcers you put together for a three-man team, it always ends up as somewhat of a clusterfuck (no thanks to Cole).