Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Our 2011 Football Awards

Right so 2011 came and went.Now for the moment all footballers are dreading.our awards ceremony.Feel free to make up your own awards.

Biggest waste of Money Award: Fernando Torres
    The Flop team of 2011 Award: Internazionale. 5 trophies in 2010,just 1 in 2011 and humiliated by Schalke.
    The Cinderella story of 2011: Napoli
    The Most Improved hairline of 2011: Wayne Rooney
    The I hate Pep Guardiola Award of 2011: Mourinho and Ibrahimovic.
    The Jim Carey Award: Mario Balotelli
    The Voice of football for 2011: Ian Blackwell
    The how the mighty have fallen award: spurs and shakhtar donetsk,from UCL quarter finalists to not even being in any European competition come the end of 2011.
    The Comeback team of the year award: AC Milan,back amongst the trophies and gave Barcelona a run for their money in 2 CL ties.
    The Best newcomer award: Neymar
    The Tale of Two Strikers Award: Suarez and Cavani. On is a racist,he bites people in Holland and uses finger jestures. Cavani is one of Eeurope's most lethal goal machines and treated like a God by Napoli fans.
    The Messiah Manager Award: Antonio Conte and Kenny Dalglish
    Venky's customer of the year: Steve Kean,how else does he have a job?

And lastly,the Employee of the Year Award goes to anyone involved with English,Spanish,Italian and German football who claims their league is: THE BEST IN THE WORLD,they all get paid to do so.

Blog Entries
    Sure why not.

Biggest waste of Money Award: Andy Carroll
    The Flop team of 2011 Award: Real Madrid - Try winning trophies when spending a stupid amount of money
    The Cinderella story of 2011: Napoli and Shamrock Rovers
    The Jim Carey Award: Steve McLaren - Because he still is alive, he is the worst manager i've ever known.
    The Voice of football for 2011: Andy Gray - Because women can't take banter.
    The how the mighty have fallen award: Chelsea
    The Comeback team of the year award: Newcastle United
    The Best newcomer award: Neymar
    The Messiah Manager Award: Kenny Dalglish and Roberto Mancini (Because i'm a biased cunt)

Finally i'm adding the Emilie Heskey award.

The Emilie Heskey Award: Emilie Heskey

Blog Entries
    Actually i'll add 1 more.

The Are you coming or going in this fucking league: Wigan Athletic - Make up your god damn mind Wigan! Are you going to suck or are you going to improve and then finish 9th-14th for a few seasons ...seriously!

Blog Entries
    good thread

Biggest waste of Money Award: Fernando Torres, poor guy hahaha
    The Flop team of 2011 Award: Sampdoria, last year they made it to pre Champions, this year they lost Pazzini and Cassano and got relegated
    The Cinderella story of 2011: Napoli, good year for them
    The Most shocking moment of the year: Cristiano Ronaldo shakes Xavi's hand
    The loudmouth of the year: Mourihno
    The Jim Carey Award: Mario Balotelli
    The Voice of football for 2011: Luis Omar Tapia
    The how the mighty have fallen award: Ajax, Roma, Liverpool, River Plate, America de Cali
    The Comeback team of the year award: Newcastle 4-4 draw vs Arsenal
    The catchphrase of the year: Balotelli: "Messi is the only player a little better than me"
    The catchphrase runner up: CR7: "People envy me because I'm rich,handsome and a great player"
    Messiah Manager of the year: Arsene Wenger, years without titles, lost his best two players and he's still employed
    The Golden Pumpkin award of the year: Edinson Cavani and the Uruguay national team

The Wheeler Dealer Award: the idiot from Sampdoria,who sold Cassano to AC Milan and Pazzini to Internazionale. Sampdoria went from 4th in 2010 to relegated in 2011. Cassano won the league,Pazzini won the Copa Italia.

Ya stuff Wigan.As Craig Burley said: its not even a football town and its dead boring.

Craig Burley won ESPN's most grumpiest pundit award,the man is a legend.

The Basket Case Award: South Africa and Nigeria.Missed out on qualification for AFCON 2012 because the team officials didn't read the rules regarding 2 or 3 teams level on points.Luckily South Africa are hosting the 2013 tournament,its the only way we qualify.

I don't want to sound biased,but if there was an award for a nation's media being anti-FIFA,its England,man you guys didn't take Russia 2018 very well.

Most boring league: Serie A
    The CM Punk Best In The World Award: Barclays Premier League
    MVP: Luis Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Most boring league: Serie A
    The CM Punk Best In The World Award: Barclays Premier League
    MVP: Luis Suarez
    wow,how mature

Remind me to make an NFL version of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile Junkie View Post
    wow,how mature
    You started it...