Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cena-Kane feud=Heel turn? or something else

There's alot of threads suggesting the current program with Cena and Kane leading to Cena's heel turn etc. but what if it's something different alltogether? No matter what your opinion on Cena,you have to agree that his superCena gimmick has gotten super stale,so something's got to give,whether it's a heel turn or not. However, maybe this is a chance to make Cena edgier, aggressive and maybe give him a new gimmick, even if temporary.

How great would it be if Cena put on a mask and went berserk,apeshit crazy on the roster or even facepaint, like a new age ultimate warrior? Kinda like how WCW did with Sting in the mid 90s when the surfer gimmick got stale. They had him betrayed by the horsemen and Hogan when he turned to the NWO,he came back under his crow gimmick which has been a consistent fan favorite for over 2 decades. Sting was and is considered the ultimate WCW company guy and the face of the company,much like Cena is to the WWE now and his gimmick of being the outlandish flashy surfer guy got old in the 90s. I'm not saying do the same thing, a Crow-Cena would look ridiculous,but this would be a great time to give him an edge with a mask or a facepainted gimmick.
    I doubt it'd be a permanent change since I would expect Cena to remain Cena for the mania match with the Rock, but using Kane as a catalyst for a brand new character for Cena would definitely breath some new air into his gimmick,and IF it's a huge success,he can carry it over to the match with the Rock,and,no longer being booed out of the building,can capture a credible win over him.

As soon as I saw "How great would it be if Cena put on a mask"....

#REAL!

I like your point of view, but i suspect that creative wouldn't be able to make Cena credible with a mask or facepaint, but i could be wrong!
    But the whole aggresive "tweener-type Cena on a rampage" could actually work...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    As soon as I saw "How great would it be if Cena put on a mask"....

yea I was expecting a juan cena reference, but the mask concept is to connect it with the current feud with Kane,kinda like Cena can't figure out who he is or who he wants to be anymore so he puts on a mask(hopefully a badass one,not a stupid lucha one that looks ridiculous) and just goes wild. The point is to completely reinvent himself and drastically change his image even if its just temporary and to just test the waters. Maybe creative will f*ck it up,but it could also be awesome and nobody would see it coming.

Blog Entries
    How many of these same threads have to be started?

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    At least 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    Depends,how many are you planning to troll?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowOfMurders View Post
    Depends,how many are you planning to troll?
    I wouldn't know, but since your an expert at trolling why don't you tell me.

Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowOfMurders View Post
    There's alot of threads suggesting the current program with Cena and Kane leading to Cena's heel turn etc. but what if it's something different alltogether? No matter what your opinion on Cena,you have to agree that his superCena gimmick has gotten super stale,so something's got to give,whether it's a heel turn or not. However, maybe this is a chance to make Cena edgier, aggressive and maybe give him a new gimmick, even if temporary.

How great would it be if Cena put on a mask and went berserk,apeshit crazy on the roster or even facepaint, like a new age ultimate warrior? Kinda like how WCW did with Sting in the mid 90s when the surfer gimmick got stale. They had him betrayed by the horsemen and Hogan when he turned to the NWO,he came back under his crow gimmick which has been a consistent fan favorite for over 2 decades. Sting was and is considered the ultimate WCW company guy and the face of the company,much like Cena is to the WWE now and his gimmick of being the outlandish flashy surfer guy got old in the 90s. I'm not saying do the same thing, a Crow-Cena would look ridiculous,but this would be a great time to give him an edge with a mask or a facepainted gimmick.
    I doubt it'd be a permanent change since I would expect Cena to remain Cena for the mania match with the Rock, but using Kane as a catalyst for a brand new character for Cena would definitely breath some new air into his gimmick,and IF it's a huge success,he can carry it over to the match with the Rock,and,no longer being booed out of the building,can capture a credible win over him.
    ^^^Pure Stupidity^^^

Ronda Rousey

You have taken a negativity pill, haven't you Doc?

#REAL!