Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Why I hate Daniel Bryan

So now Daniel Bryan is WHC, things appear to be looking up for the IWC on Smackdown.

However I for one have started to tune out of the show entirely due to it's new World Champion, as on a personal level I despise him. And it may sound stupid to hate someone you've never met, but the reason for my hatred is the cockroach video.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, a few months ago he posted a video of himself and a friend killing a cockroach with a hammer (or something similar) for a laugh.

What the hell is the psychology behind that?

I suppose I should admit that yes, I am a massive animal rights person and therefore rather sensitive to this kind of stuff. However I don't think that everyone should become vegetarian as meat provides us with vital protein and stuff and I support hunting in some cases where it is vital for population control.

However in this video he dosen't kill it for any useful reason, he does it for fun. What kind of sick individual does that!? Yes cockroaches may not be 'up there' with cats and dogs and the 'cute' animals but their still animals who feel pain. If he had posted a video of a cat being killed for the hell of it, I'm 100% sure there would be massive public backlash.

And on top of that he claims to be all for animal rights and is a spokesperson for PETA. Absolute BS. What kind of animal rights person goes around killing animals for a joke? What a f***ing hypocrite.

So there you have it. Why everytime I see him on my screen I turn it off. As when I see him, I would like nothing better to stamp on his face like a cockroach and see how he likes it. As a human being he absolutely disgusts me as to me he is the scum of the Earth. As some of the worst people imo are those who have one rule for one group and a second rule for another group just because they are 'ranked' by nature below them. It's the same logic the Nazi's used. (IN NO WAY AM I SAYING THAT WHAT HE DID IS AS BAD AS THE NAZI'S, WW2, HOLOCAUST, ETC.) They would have hated it whenever an Aryan died but found it totally fine to kill millions of Jews, Slavs, etc as they were perceived as being a lesser species.

He really is the next Benoit, in more ways than one. In fact maybe worse than him as Benoit's murders may have been caused by external factors (steroids, repeated concussions,etc). Bryan is just a p***k and the reason why this IWC member is not happy with the current product.

As soon as you mention Nazis, you lose the argument!

I must say I agree with the point of this thread.

I saw that video a while ago and I have to say that I was pretty much disgusted from that guy.

I didnt get the logic of killin that cockroach with a hammer AND makin a video while doing it and postin it on YT.

I was pretty much disappointed but I forgot that video until I read this thread.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries
    Maybe Cole calling him a hypocrite is a sly dig at your argument?

But yeah, by saying he's the next Benoit and all that because he killed a cockroach is, in argumentative terms, sliding down the slippery slope. Taking something tiny and through a set of well-structured arguments making it into something completely out of proportion.

And he had to become a vegan in order to continue wrestling, due to dietary problems

You're welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    As soon as you mention Nazis, you lose the argument!
    And that's ignoring the other bit comparing Bryan to Benoit.

Do you not think calling him "scum of the Earth" for killing a cockroach is a bit of exaggeration? I mean, there's been quite a few people who've done a lot worse.. How would you describe them if you're chucking that kind of a description and comparisons with Hitler and the Nazis.

I find that casual comparison more offensive then 1 cockroach death caught on video tape.

Your whole post Toby is a bit sensationalist over nothing in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by tchocky360 View Post
    And that's ignoring the other bit comparing Bryan to Benoit.

Do you not think calling him "scum of the Earth" for killing a cockroach is a bit of exaggeration? I mean, there's been quite a few people who've done a lot worse.. How would you describe them if you're chucking that kind of a description and comparisons with Hitler and the Nazis.

I find that casual comparison more offensive then 1 cockroach death caught on video tape.

Your whole post Toby is a bit sensationalist over nothing in my opinion.
    Its not killin a cockraoch the problem.
    I did that too...

The point is taping a video, laughing while doing it and sharing it with the net.

Killing cockraoches its not something funny in my area...

Quote Originally Posted by Yano88 View Post
    Its not killin a cockraoch the problem.
    I did that too...

The point is taping a video, laughing while doing it and sharing it with the net.

Killing cockraoches its not something funny in my area...
    No, no death is particularly funny. But the rant about it was way over the top to a degree that makes his whole post invalid.

I don't see how people who make hunting videos or shows can be proud of murdering a creature with a gun.
    But I'm not going to compare HBK to a man who planned out the slaughter of a large chuck of Europe am I?

Because that's ridiculous.

A Cockroach died. So you didn't like the video, it's not like his Youtube page is filled with cockroach snuff films.

I didn't like the video either, but it's not like it's a sign that Bryan is a psychopath, or that he will do anything like what Hitler did.
    A ridiculous, pointless post.

Ok, so maybe I did go a bit over the top in the op, but the point still stands, how am I meant to enjoy watching any programming with him on it when I hate him completely?

I guess pictures of people holding up deer, snakes, and bears, after a kill and smiling would be significantly worse.

I saw the video, thought it was funny. I've killed a number of them in my day; the fact that he put it on YT... doesn't change my opinion.
    EWNCW
    Seraphim/Black Angel: Day of Reckoning PPV - Battle of the Newcomers - Winner
    Seraphim: Destiny's Calling PPV - IronMan Match against PrimusKhan - Winner
    Seraphim: Glory to the Brave - Beat Solla in a Steel Cage Match

HWA
    Black Angel: Drafted to Legacy.
    Black Angel: Took out Kev.

BWA
    Blacklist Royalty(Alex Foyt): Number #1 Contender for the BWA World Championship
    Alex Foyt Gains a Partner: Prince Chamberlain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tchocky360 View Post
    No, no death is particularly funny. But the rant about it was way over the top to a degree that makes his whole post invalid.

I don't see how people who make hunting videos or shows can be proud of murdering a creature with a gun.
    But I'm not going to compare HBK to a man who planned out the slaughter of a large chuck of Europe am I?

Because that's ridiculous.

A Cockroach died. So you didn't like the video, it's not like his Youtube page is filled with cockroach snuff films.

I didn't like the video either, but it's not like it's a sign that Bryan is a psychopath, or that he will do anything like what Hitler did.
    A ridiculous, pointless post.
    I have to disagree, I think I'm funny at times.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey