Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two things...

Normal Member
    Blog Entries

Two things...

First of all since when does Taker need someone to carry his match? The guy still jumps out of the ring onto his opponent, performs old school and is better than 90%of the roster. He performs fine, even if it is one match a year but he makes it the best match possible.

Secondly why does Y2J have to retire. All the talk is that he comes back for a run against Punk but who says he is going to retire? He has what it takes Togo for years more. Yes he has done everything in the business but it's up to him if he wants to retire, not us.

It's just people venting their opinion, why are you getting so upset about it?

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    I haven't heard many people bitch about Taker being carried or Jericho retiring at this year's Mania. But there's truth to some of these things:

The Undertaker - needs someone who can help him through the match should he need it. It has to be someone he trusts, so that they don't screw up anything and ensure that Taker gets through all of his signature moves and finishers etc.

Chris Jericho - hes having a short feud with Punk when he returns, then taking a long break again. He likely won't retire until next year at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JLionsault View Post
    First of all since when does Taker need someone to carry his match? The guy still jumps out of the ring onto his opponent, performs old school and is better than 90%of the roster. He performs fine, even if it is one match a year but he makes it the best match possible.
    The guy, whilst a fucking legend, hasn't wrestled since last WM. When he was carried out. I doubt he'll be in any rush to jump out of the ring this time around. No one is saying he's past it and can't go, but it very fair to say he's no spring chicken and age and injuries are catching him up. His moveset involves some big moves that need strength, balance and skill. To expect him to pull them off, at his age, without a fair bit of assistance from the other guy is pretty unreasonable.

Blog Entries
    It's just opinions mate

I'm not sure what Undertakers injury situation is these days, but that is the only reason I could see him needing someone else to lead the way through a match. Obviously a year away didnt help, but I am sure he will be as prepared as he physically can be.

As for Jericho, I know I have no desire to see him retire, his last run was one of the things that get me watching through a low point.
    I'm the Miz...and I'm.........................moderate

Why is he going to Togo for years?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Why is he going to Togo for years?
    #IThinkHeMisspelledToga
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AM THE APW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION!!! (#HotBods #BodomIsMyBestie)

Former HWA Writer

Johnny Hot:
    HWA Supremacy World Champion (x1)
    APW World Champion (x1)
    (2x) APW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS (w/ Bodom)
    APW International Champion
    Award for Feud of the Year (2012)
    Award for Shocker of the Year (2012)

Sweet Jones:
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion

Cody McDerrell:
    HWA's Resident Redneck

I'm pretty sure most people aren't saying he will retire, just that his run will only be short this time, as he has announced Fozzy tour dates in Europe for June! He comes and goes pretty much as he pleases!

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    I just feel like people are really taking away from the both of them. Taker doesn't need someone to carry the match for him, but he needs a good opponent for the both of them to put on a great match as Taker usually does. And yes Jericho may take another break but no doubt he is one of the few greats that could easily wrestle till he's 50 on technical ability alone. Obviously I'm a Jericho mark but even if I weren't I just find it annoying that people assume he is going to retire. Jericho is the only guy left that truly keeps us guessing. I think my post came off a bit more angrily than what I actually am, lol