Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Playboy Divas don't fit the mold.

    You know, I find it quite amusing that for a number of years, the WWE, and probably more specific, Vince McMahon, was pushing for the WWE divas to pose for playboy. Sable, Chyna, Torrie Wilson, Christy Hemme, Candice Michelle, Ashley, and Maria all posed for playboy as centerfolds (Maryse doesn't count b/c she did it before WWE), yet none of them remain with or are even affiliated with WWE anymore. Obviously several of them left on their own accord for various reasons, but look at the ones that were still with the company when the PG transition went full swing. Candice Michelle, Ashley, and Maria were all around during that transition, and while Ashley may have actually asked for her release, Maria and Candice Michelle were released without warning. The likely reason for their releases is the fact that they had posed for Playboy, something that WWE can no longer support due to their PG format. How about Mickey James? When news came out that she had posed for Hustler before her wwe days, it was only a matter of time before they found an excuse to let her go (i.e. her bad attitude on an overseas tour). Because they had posed nude at some point they no longer fit WWE's mold so they were no longer welcome. The WWE pushed most of them to do playboy though. It's like, "Yes I know we made you do it, but because we of it you are now tainted and cannot represent our PG product" REALLY WWE? "You were too loyal to our company and always did what we told you, so now you're fired." #WhatchutalkinboutWillis
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

    After years of shrugging it off, Cena's beginning to get annoyed by his haters.

  2. #2
    Black Ninja!! SilverGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    16,279
    They didn't want any link with them and their programming/rating. The idiotic parents would throw a fit if they know that a diva posed nude and their child is watching the wrestling program.

    Parents you control what your child watches, its your fault.

    #REAL!

  3. #3
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,768
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by masakaritko View Post
    You know, I find it quite amusing that for a number of years, the WWE, and probably more specific, Vince McMahon, was pushing for the WWE divas to pose for playboy. Sable, Chyna, Torrie Wilson, Christy Hemme, Candice Michelle, Ashley, and Maria all posed for playboy as centerfolds (Maryse doesn't count b/c she did it before WWE), yet none of them remain with or are even affiliated with WWE anymore. Obviously several of them left on their own accord for various reasons, but look at the ones that were still with the company when the PG transition went full swing. Candice Michelle, Ashley, and Maria were all around during that transition, and while Ashley may have actually asked for her release, Maria and Candice Michelle were released without warning. The likely reason for their releases is the fact that they had posed for Playboy, something that WWE can no longer support due to their PG format. How about Mickey James? When news came out that she had posed for Hustler before her wwe days, it was only a matter of time before they found an excuse to let her go (i.e. her bad attitude on an overseas tour). Because they had posed nude at some point they no longer fit WWE's mold so they were no longer welcome. The WWE pushed most of them to do playboy though. It's like, "Yes I know we made you do it, but because we of it you are now tainted and cannot represent our PG product" REALLY WWE? "You were too loyal to our company and always did what we told you, so now you're fired." #WhatchutalkinboutWillis
    I just want details on the part that I bolded, honestly I think you are kinda reaching with a lot of this, simply because of the time difference, and because it ignores other divas that have never been shown naked and still got released.


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  4. #4
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,480

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    They didn't want any link with them and their programming/rating. The idiotic parents would throw a fit if they know that a diva posed nude and their child is watching the wrestling program.

    Parents you control what your child watches, its your fault.
    This. Parents are half way retarded when it comes to television. Instead of not letting their kid watch something, they complain until it's changed.

    Plus, with the cover unveiling by K2 when she posed for Maxim (I think) is pretty similar to what they used to do. It's essentially the same thing. Yet everyone complains when nipples come out.


  6. #6
    Black Ninja! Cabers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I just want details on the part that I bolded, honestly I think you are kinda reaching with a lot of this, simply because of the time difference, and because it ignores other divas that have never been shown naked and still got released.
    I'm gong to second this motion i await your response. :P

  7. #7
    <insert nude-divas-fitting-your-mold joke here>

  8. #8
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,768
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    <insert nude-divas-fitting-your-mold joke here>


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  9. #9
    I don't think they released them because of their "playboy past." youre really reaching with that one. Especially seeing how maryse has posed nude many times before her wwe career yet she was released only a few months ago. If your point would be correct, then she would've been released around the same time Maria was. Gail also has some nude pictures floating around the 'net yet she wasnt released until she became a bitch backstage. Also I think Candice asked for her release so she could start a family, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

  10. #10
    Black Ninja! VanHooliganX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vanity City
    Posts
    19,585
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    "Oh myy." lol

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.