Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Zack Ryder's Gimmick

I remember reading on an older post that someone thought that as over as Ryder is with the fans right now he'd never get to be World Champion or a true main eventer till he changed his gimmick to something more serious. In an era known for its lack of gimmicks and even the top talent being pretty generic would it really be better for Ryder to become just like everyone else to be taken seriously? I for one believe that his gimmick has helped him alot getting over with the fans and his show would be dull (if it would even exist) without his current gimmick. So what do guys think? Should Ryder change his gimmick to something more serious (and likely more generic) in order to compete and win the WWE or WHC?

WWE Fantasy Fed
    Eve Torres
    Chyna
    ???
    ???

RTE
    Eden Sky - First and only TWE Vixxen's Champion

IWA

Sugar & Spice

JBW (Closed Fed)
    Athena
    - First female to become Intercontinental Champion
    Eden Sky - JBW Bombshell Champion

Blog Entries
    I honestly don't think he needs too. When I first saw this gimmick I thought he would eventually change it, but he has shown that this gimmick isn't a one dimensional character and can change to fit the circumstances (become more serious while still maintaining the gimmick). Yes he can be a bit corny at times, but he is doing really well with it.

I want the top title contender to be serious about the title. If he can work with the gimmick and still come across as a serious guy who is serious about winning the title, fine. Otherwise the gimmick needs to be dropped, because realistically his gimmick is a mid card gimmick.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    Honestly look at the how ecstatic he was about winning the US title. Other dudes that win the title are just like 'meh, it's no world title'. I want my champions to be like that, treat any championship as if it were a world championship, that is where true prestige comes in. Seeing that reaction out of him and the way he tried his heart out to get it proves to me that he cares about the WWE and would be a worthy champion.

#AreYouSeriousBro

#RyderOrRiot

#RyderRevolution

His gimmick has helped him get over.. But I don't see him getting to the top of the mountain

that post reminded me of this bullcrap.

[thinks about midcard]

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JLionsault View Post
    Honestly look at the how ecstatic he was about winning the US title. Other dudes that win the title are just like 'meh, it's no world title'. I want my champions to be like that, treat any championship as if it were a world championship, that is where true prestige comes in. Seeing that reaction out of him and the way he tried his heart out to get it proves to me that he cares about the WWE and would be a worthy champion.
    This post reminded me of this bullcrap, and it WAS the world heavyweight championship.

[thinks about midcard]

Love Ryder and I think it's amazing how he is a self made superstar. But I don't see him as a World Champ till the gimmick changes a bit. This is the same as what happened to YTJ and The Miz. they both had corny gimmicks, remember the Ayatolla of rock n' rolla, or mizfits? they were to childish of gimiscks to get over and when both of those guys changed to a more serious gimmick their careers took off. This is part of the reason Cena is hated, since his gimmick never grew up like everyone elses. Plus Ryder was/is over more with adults then Cena ever has been.

i like it that ryder does have some kind of gimmick (unlike the cookie cut superstars of recent years. But he's really not that exciting and reminds me of scotty too hotty or grandmaster sexy who were much more over than ryder is now. I predict no WHC OR WC reigns but think he wlll be entertaining for sure.