Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ahh Sheamus

Normal Member

Ahh Sheamus

Ok, let me first start off by saying Sheamus is in no way a bad wrestler; in fact he's a great wrestler. He's got charisma, he's good on the mic, pale as a ghost, but that's okay. Great Talent overall.

My main concern is, he's a bit boring. Yeah I know "A man of his size can't be doing shooting star presses like evan", but I dont care much about that. I mean Big show in his prime seemed more versatile than what im being shown by sheamus.

Even though there are scripted wins, I do not like the way Sheamus seems to dominate all of his opponents in EXACTLY the same way. Whats up with this "battering ram" move hes got going on. By God, that must be the most displeasing and so lacklustre move I have ever seen Kane's diving clothesline has a power rating of over 9000 compared to the battering ram and look at the size of that man compared to sheamus. Kicking out at a one count after being completely dominated on the outside [shown during his match up against swagger at TLC] just doesnt make sense to me. Either he becomes heel, or this boring human being continues his reign of boredom

So I bet you're wondering "What is this Fresh user [or whatever im called on here] making a rant about Sheamus of all people?" Its just that people are constantly complaining about Cena and his 5 moves a match, let me count Sheamus' moves:

1) Battering Ram
    2) Irish Hand grenade
    3) Tilt-a-whirl powerslam [what it looks like to me]
    4) Brogue Kick
    5) Celtic Cross

Now tell me, what other moves does this man do [other than that polish hammer, which doesnt require grappling the opponent, hence why it isnt in the list]

But yeah, Just a thread to have your thoughts on Sheamus
    [However this is in no way a Cena-Bashing thread or a Sheamus-Bashing thread]

Blog Entries
    I still like Sheamus. I just don't like the way that they are booking ALL of his matches. He wins all his matches, that's okay, since he doesn't really bury anyone completely. But his matches are also very similar each time, like you mentioned. What I want to see is for Sheamus to end his matches differently, instead of doing the same routine. But expect him to keep doing this until he gets moved up to the world title picture.

Blog Entries
    I must partially agree because he has been using the same old routine as of late but I think they can change that. I think he has been dominating jinder mahal and such because they don't really have anything for him right now but they want him to stay relevant.
    One Of The Best To Do It.

Blog Entries
    Who knows maybe they're using him to put over new people.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    I still like Sheamus. I just don't like the way that they are booking ALL of his matches. He wins all his matches, that's okay, since he doesn't really bury anyone completely. But his matches are also very similar each time, like you mentioned. What I want to see is for Sheamus to end his matches differently, instead of doing the same routine. But expect him to keep doing this until he gets moved up to the world title picture.
    Not a fan of face Sheamus.
    His heel gimmick was injuring people and making them his bitch. Doesn't really work well for a face really. I enjoyed his feud vs Christian too hated all the endings because Christian didn't beat him once.
    Shits boring, predictable and it annoys me that they're fucking up Christian too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    Not a fan of face Sheamus.
    His heel gimmick was injuring people and making them his bitch. Doesn't really work well for a face really. I enjoyed his feud vs Christian too hated all the endings because Christian didn't beat him once.
    Shits boring, predictable and it annoys me that they're fucking up Christian too.
    Well they could be hinting at making Sheamus one of the posterboys. It's gonna suck if they do that.

Normal Member
    Well they could be hinting at making Sheamus one of the posterboys. It's gonna suck if they do that.
    We don't need another Super person running around, we already have SuperCena and SuperOrton running around.

Blog Entries
    I don't see Sheamus ever being the next Cena/Rock/Hogan but he can be quite big.

It's quite funny. When Sheamus won his 1st 2 WWE Championship titles I thought it would destroy him similar to as Del Rio is being seen as rushed due to winning a shit ton of stuff in 2011, but it didn't luckily. Although for Del Rio I don't think thats possible :S

Hope i'm wrong though since I like watching Del Rios finisher.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilvis View Post
    We don't need another Super person running around, we already have SuperCena and SuperOrton running around.
    They haven't been as super in a while. Cenas been getting beaten in segments like with The Rock and Kane. And Orton lost to Barrett a couple of times in the past two months.

Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    I don't see Sheamus ever being the next Cena/Rock/Hogan but he can be quite big.

It's quite funny. When Sheamus won his 1st 2 WWE Championship titles I thought it would destroy him similar to as Del Rio is being seen as rushed due to winning a shit ton of stuff in 2011, but it didn't luckily. Although for Del Rio I don't think thats possible :S

Hope i'm wrong though since I like watching Del Rios finisher.
    To be honest, I see them grooming The Miz and Sheamus to take over when Cena and Orton retire. It can't be Punk because even he will retire soon enough + The Miz will likely be more loyal and won't mind doing so many media appearances - neither will Sheamus. Plus Sheamus is a big guy, which Vince loves.

Blog Entries
    Sheamus makes a good face and a good heel in my humble opinion. He could have a lengthy career as a flip flopper (not a tweener) but they need to make the most out of this face run. Lol, you don't want to piss off the Irish!

But I don't know, maybe give him a submission move? Also don't forget he has that mega backbreaker that always looks painful. Maybe add a suplex or three for him to do?