Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think he helped put over Cody a little bit; he made Cody look like he could be a main-eventer, despite losing to Randy.
    EWNCW
    Seraphim/Black Angel: Day of Reckoning PPV - Battle of the Newcomers - Winner
    Seraphim: Destiny's Calling PPV - IronMan Match against PrimusKhan - Winner
    Seraphim: Glory to the Brave - Beat Solla in a Steel Cage Match

HWA
    Black Angel: Drafted to Legacy.
    Black Angel: Took out Kev.

BWA
    Blacklist Royalty(Alex Foyt): Number #1 Contender for the BWA World Championship
    Alex Foyt Gains a Partner: Prince Chamberlain

If Randy wants to really impress me with his "new attitude" or whatever garbage you want to call it, he will lose a feud clean and decisive

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavo View Post
    If Randy wants to really impress me with his "new attitude" or whatever garbage you want to call it, he will lose a feud clean and decisive
    Um, Mark Henry. That was clean, Decisive, and he got squashed in almost all those matches in that feud.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

Just because those guys lost fueds, doesn't mean Orton didn't put them over. Christian is debatable only because when he first got the World title, I didn't really see him ready to main event but once the Orton fued was going, then everyone excepted Christian as a main eventer for WWE. The other side of it is that Orton was booked to make Christian look extremely weak. Was this due to Christian's bitchy character or just because?

He definitly put over Rhodes. After their fued was when Rhodes looked bigger than the IC belt because he did have dominant matches over Orton. Maybe he didn't win, but he dominated the match.

I feel its the same thing for Barrett. I feel that after this fued, Barrett will be a top 2 or 3 heel in the company depending on any character changes.

People need to remember that heels don't win matches clean and really, rarely at all. The way they are put over by faces are by how they dominate a match and how much heat they can build while telling the story of the match, not just heat from working the microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    Um, Mark Henry. That was clean, Decisive, and he got squashed in almost all those matches in that feud.
    Sorry, shouldve been more specific...was talking about helping younger guys

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    I will be convinced if he puts Barrett over.
    ^^^This^^^
    If Barrett comes out on top in his feud with Orton, and having pinned him clean in the end, then I'll believe that we've turned a corner with Randy Orton.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    ^^^This^^^
    If Barrett comes out on top in his feud with Orton, and having pinned him clean in the end, then I'll believe that we've turned a corner with Randy Orton.
    This is what I am worried about. I want it to be clean but knowing the WWE it would be some sort of #HEEL tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    ^^^This^^^
    He won't pin him clean, he's not the type of heel the WWE would do that for.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    The question you have to ask yourself is did the wrestler seem like a bigger superstar after his feud with Orton than before.

When Christian won the World Title sure we were all happy he finally won the big one but was he really a capable World Champion? That is doubtful. Sure Orton got the upper hand on Christian throughout his feud but he was headlining multiple PPVs with COMPETITIVE matches against Orton. There were times in each of those matches where we thought Christian would win and he did get the win at MITB. You may argue that he didn't get the clean victory but the way he won the match fitted right in with his character and therefore made his character stronger and more believable - another way to get over with the crowd. Coming out of the feud, Christian added another World title to his name and also became a legitimate main eventer. So when Christian challenges for the title again we won't be saying is this guy really capable of taking the title? That in my book is Christian being put over.

Anyone who argues that Orton didn't put Henry is talking nonsense. Two clean victories in a row and looking dominant throughout - put over.

Yeh Rhodes may have never got a decisive victory over Orton but when he was feuding with him, he became a top name on the Smackdown roster and wasn't just regarded as the guy who's holding their mid card belt. He got a lot more TV time, made several beat downs on Orton and looked like a more than adequate foe to Orton.

Barrett may have got the loss at TLC but once again he looked strong throughout the match. Not to mention he has had a victory over him before and also defeated him at Survivour Series along with Rhodes in the match that Orton is known for being successful in. He also looked like he has the upper hand just now currently after what happened on Raw.

You don't necassarily have to beat Orton to get over. If everyone was beating Orton then eventually it wouldn't seem like a big achievement when you do beat him, that's why not everyone will get the win against him. Even just being recognised as Orton's rival will help your credability as long as you are competitive against him which all four men were. Another thing just because Orton put you over doesn't mean that's it done, you're now a star. The aftermath has to be done correctly. They need to maintain that credability they gained by feuding with Orton. Christian done that by going on a feud with another main eventer, Sheamus. Henry went on a lengthy WHC run and Rhodes looks like the IC title isn't going anywhere. Also Barrett looks like a bigger threat to the World title now than he did before feuding with Orton.

Only thing I would disagree on is Christian, I think it was more Christian who made the best out of a bad situation than Orton being generous. Though he did a good job with Cody and Mark and I wonder where he'll go with Barrett. Barrett can still claim he has pinned Orton in a normal 1 on 1 match while Orton can't.
    ONE more match!