Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Randy being generous to future stars

From Bleacherreport:

"We just came out of a huge pay-per-view event on Sunday that was highlighted by a new United States and World Heavyweight Champion.

Congrats to both Zack Ryder and Daniel Bryan on their victories. You each received a great present this year, gentlemen.

Speaking of giving, have you noticed how much Randy Orton has changed over the last few months?

I am referring to his character putting people over in order to advance things further. It quite essentially changed the face of Friday nights over on SmackDown and for that reason, many feel the blue brand to be of better quality.

What do you think folks? 'Tis the season to be jolly and giving or has The Viper listened to enough comments on how he is depicted as a whiner and ingrate who never help anyone else but himself?

I want to think it is a little of both.

More precisely, Randy Orton plays a great character and I am definitely a fan of his. He has this business in his blood so it is in his best interest to see that it succeeds far better than it has so far. He is only 31 years old and has already accomplished so much, imagine all the experience he could share with others.

I've seen my share of videos showing Randy Orton acting like a totally "not nice person" for lack of more appropriate words and I've got to say it did affect what I thought about him. Yes, some people do arts and crafts and others judge, sorry.

The WWE Superstars and Divas play a role and sometimes people assume they are the same in real life which can lead to criticism and even verbal abuse.

Being at the top of the food chain in the company, the Apex Predator must have been alerted to these critics and decided to do something about it.

Rather than playing into their hands, he used his intelligence, calmed himself down and added a dose of humility to his rather large self. That's great news for everyone. You do see he has a human side when you watch his DVD. It was a good buy for Orton fans.

There is a saying:

Do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

Randy Orton started at the bottom and ended up making it to the top because he is smart, dedicated and talented. There is also the fact that he was given some opportunities and capitalized on them.

2011 was the time to return the favor. Ask Christian, Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes and more recently, Wade Barrett.

All profited off a program with the Viper and it made them even more accomplished stars than they already were. There was even World Heavyweight championships in some cases here. Patience is a virtue and for Orton, some other great things have yet to come.

He bides his time, lets others shine and gets to amass some good karma in the process. Allowing others to be exposed rather than him will be better for everyone in the long run so what's a few less main event matches?

Watch for him to battle Daniel Bryan down the road, not bad planning if you ask me. His generosity will have paid off and it will have landed him another title match. I've said it before, he is 31 and there are years left in his career, provided he does not injury himself too much.

Anything CAN happen in the WWE.

Even Randy Orton silencing some vile critics and winning us over because he is a nice guy."

Thoughts?

Yeah... he definetely put over Christian by taking his world championship a day after Christian won it and by making him look like an idiot in their feud....

Randy Orton really doesn't have much left to accomplish in the big leagues. You also get bigger checks if you are a huge talent taking a loss. So there are an endless amount of other reasons for Randy Orton's willingness. The guy is only 31 years old so I highly doubt that age could be a factor. Either way I am just glad that Orton is taking losses. His super status is certainly becoming blurred.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Blog Entries
    I only wish that WWE would have let Barrett go over Orton in their feud. That would have done wonders for Barrett's career.
    Although from reports, that feud is continuing. We'll see.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I only wish that WWE would have let Barrett go over Orton in their feud. That would have done wonders for Barrett's career.
    Although from reports, that feud is continuing. We'll see.
    Ah that feud is definately going to continue after Barrett's beat down on raw it will definately continue maybe even all the way to WM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Ah that feud is definately going to continue after Barrett's beat down on raw it will definately continue maybe even all the way to WM.
    That's right, I totally forgot about that!
    Barrett vs Orton at WM would be a great match to see for sure.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Read this and only have one response.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA

Randy Orton putting people over????

I'm a huge Orton fan but it has been nice to not see him win every match.

It's a shame Christian came out of the feud like he did, although he is in the main event scene (not while he's injured) they could of done it much better than making him to that weak. His matches with Orton are definitely match of the year candidates which is one of the good things coming from there feud.

Fresh Member
    I know most of you dont like him, but the guy posting is right for the most part. With the exception of the Christian feud, I have been noticing a lot more losses, especially to younger talent or those in need of a credibility boost. A few to Zigs, Barret, and Henry are the most noted in my book. As most have mentioned on here, he is only 31. I'd like to think that this is him growing up and out of that crappy attitude that he is known for backstage, and is looking towards the future of the business now that his spot as a legend of the PG era is more or less guaranteed.

Who says Randy's putting people over by choice? Last I checked wrestlers don't book their matches and while everyone knows he sure has a good ammount of influence to help determine his win/loss record maybe he's finally paying for all the years he's thrown people under the bus during his interviews. The guy's not so unlike his heel persona which is why he plays it so well and I doubt he's just trying to be a nice guy and help people out. Odds are he's getting payed more to lose or simply lost his good graces with Vince. And he put Christian over? I must've missed it lol.

WWE Fantasy Fed
    Eve Torres
    Chyna
    ???
    ???

RTE
    Eden Sky - First and only TWE Vixxen's Champion

IWA

Sugar & Spice

JBW (Closed Fed)
    Athena
    - First female to become Intercontinental Champion