Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Can Jack Find His Swagger???

So, seemingly Swagger and Coulter went face last night. I must admit, I marked a little. Just seeing Jack's mean stare down of Rusev (hadn't noticed how short he was before) kind of endeared me to him a little more. I've never really disliked Swags like some and I think he's solid in the ring.

However, I think he's not full face just yet. Considering he took on Barrett the week before (I don't think Wade's injury was down to Swagger, like, at all) and Barrett was also a heel, I believe that right now Jack Swagger resides as a solid tweener.

I think the best they could do for Swagger right now is have him win that stupid battle royal (a BR for a belt? Ridiculous!) and hold the IC title while feuding with Rusev, maybe swap it back and forth in a nice program and ultimately lead up to a Barrett/Swagger showdown, if and when Barrett returns.

Impressions?

Depends on if they are going to actually let Swagger look good against him, especially with rumours of Big Show feuding with Rusev on his return, that says to me they are keeping Rusev running over all and sundry.

I did enjoy that segment though and it does make sense, Jack being the Real American and the 'We the People' being super popular still (oh and the theme music).

As for the IC strap, pppffffttt they are obviously putting that on the Punjabi Playboy.

Blog Entries
    While I think it's a great to see Swagger getting a good reaction, and getting a lot of popularity going against Rusev, unfortunately, this is nothing more than a feud to tie Rusev over until Big Show comes back.

Hopefully though, Swagger can move on to good things too stemming from him getting over from this feud.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    I'm kind of hoping they are returning to the days of longer feuds. Wyatt/Cena was pretty lengthy, Bryan/Authority and then Shield/Authority have also had been pretty meaty so signs suggest they are trying to do that a bit more. Uso/Wyatts seems to be becoming longer than usual if what I read is true. So in that respect, if WWE can give this feud some time to really develop (something they have failed to do with Rusev much, save for him squashing coloured folk ) then it could be something quite good.

Blog Entries
    Swagger face turn was fantastic

Lana the only reason i like Rusev

RTE Creator of
    Graves and Deception, Silas Parker and Blaze Evans ( Amazing Perfection)

IWA creator of
    Dakota Graves ( The New Generation)

SWA creator of
    Aries

WWE Fantasy Fed
    Heath Slater, Leo Kruger & Kevin Thorn ( HellRaisers)

WWE Prediction Contest
    2014 EC 1st

I can not see Swagger more than a piece of meat for Russev. He will end just like Big E. He will lose all the ppv matches and perhaps stand tall on RAW or SD in some segments, but nothing more. If WWE did not make Big E look strong vs Russev, They sure won't for Swagger who is a jobber for years now
    Respect the beard !

I've been a huge Swagger fan since ECW, and It's shocked me that its taken him this long to turn face. I've always felt a face run with the United States Champion would do a lot for Swagger. I was the only one truly excited for Swagger to get one of the main matches at Wrestlemania 29 but I felt the WWE handled that match wrong, it should have went a lot longer in my opinion, and I was kinda hoping for a Bret Hart Vs Stone Cold type situation where Del Rio and Swagger would have turned mid match. (Which actually happened between Del Rio and Ziggler)

I really hope Swagger can get at least one victory in this match, and hopefully a mid-title reign in then near future. If booked correctly I believe Swagger can be a top-mid card face.

I thought it was gonna happen on his return at EC where he won, dat pop Monday night though!!!

Blog Entries
    That was fantastic seeing Zeb and Jack do a possibly brief face turn. Could be a decent USA vs Russia feud but definitely a boost for Swagger.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    I can not see Swagger more than a piece of meat for Russev. He will end just like Big E. He will lose all the ppv matches and perhaps stand tall on RAW or SD in some segments, but nothing more. If WWE did not make Big E look strong vs Russev, They sure won't for Swagger who is a jobber for years now
    Swagger arguably has a better chance, might have been in the doghouse a bit since he was busted with weed, but hes pretty much paid his dues since then
    Prediction Contest Podiums:
    Extreme Rules: 1st (Perfect Score)
    Payback: 3rd

CGBigMan - The Football Manager

EWNCW - Gillz:
    Superstar of the Year (2011)
    World Heavyweight Champion Aug 29th (11) - Oct 30th (11)
    EWNCW Champion Nov 28th (11) - Apr 16th (12)
    BWA Undisputed World Tag Champions Feb 19th (12) - March 18th (12) (With Ryan Wells)

WWE Fed - Manik:
    Royal Rumble Entrant