Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Unify IC & US Titles + Bring back the Cruiserweight Championship

WWE should unified the Intercontinental & US Championships. At the end, the IC belt would remain.
    This should take place at Wrestlemania in a Ladder Match.

Cody Rhodes vs Dolph Ziggler would be EPIC for that !!! These 2 are simply amazing ! But for me these 2 should be pushed for the World Titles now, so I would pick guys like Curt Hawkins, Trent Barreta, Hunico, Evan Bourne, Ted Dibiase, Tyson Kidd, Zack Ryder. I remember the 3 matches on WWE superstars, Curt Hawkins and Trent Barreta had ! Simply Amazing !
    Lot of potential in these guys

WWE should also bring back the Cruiserweight Championship.
    This should give more credibility to cruiserweight midcarters as champions

What do you think ?
    Respect the beard !

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Why take away belts when they're needed right now? US and IC Championships are meant to ELEVATE the next talent in line. Why strip them of possibly holding one? That's kinda pointless.

US
    IC
    WHC
    WWE

I mean, there's other Championships but, they're T-T and Divas... how can a singles competetor win them? 0_o'... I'm starting to wonder about the logic behind your posts.

The titles should be:

Unified World title
    Light Heavy Weight or Cruiser Weight
    IC
    TV title
    Tag Team
    Divas
    Divas Tag

A divas Tag Team championship ? Why ? There is not enough TV Time for a Diva tag team championship. We can already see this with TNA. A TV title is a waste of time, WWE should try to bring back the IC prestige and the Cruiserweight belt. Replacing the US title by the TV title does not make sense. I don't think it's a good idea to unify the WWE & WHC belts.
    Respect the beard !

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    A divas Tag Team championship ? Why ? There is not enough TV Time for a Diva tag team championship. We can already see this with TNA. A TV title is a waste of time, WWE should try to bring back the IC prestige and the Cruiserweight belt. Replacing the US title by the TV title does not make sense. I don't think it's a good idea to unify the WWE & WHC belts.
    Well then. I guess we disagree a whole lot then cowboy.

Blog Entries
    I really don't see them unifying any titles for the foreseeable future. They need the mid-card titles to make people stand out among the mid-card and I don't see them doing away with those titles. What I could see happening is them making Ryder's Internet Title a recognized title where they poll on their website for a week leading up to Raw or Smackdown as to who the current title holder should face.

I get that people say to unify the titles, but it allows for them to make both major shows matter. If anything they should unify the bottom three shows and bring back what they had with ECW. (And yes, recognize that brand's top title as a third in the top tier of titles.) Though of course, with the upcoming WWE network, the more shows they can pack in from their standpoint, the better.
    Less Sports Entertainment, more Wrasslin' please.

This is how they wanted you to see Sin Cara.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendaryIcon View Post
    Happening In 2011 : Kane returns masked.
    Fixed
    Respect the beard !

I toyed around with the idea of unifying championships in my head for a while and even though I think it would be great to have 1 world champion, to say that this guy is THE top guy in the company, and just the intercontinental champion and no US champion so they could make room for a cruiserweight division again, but honestly I think they could bring back the cruiserweight (or light heavyweight) and it not be brand exclusive, and even possibly use it to get more viewers for Superstars, since right now I don't think many people watch superstars since its mostly for the undercard. If they actually had maybe a tag team championship match or cruiserweight title match on superstars every once in a while, it may gain more viewers. Let's face it, even house shows have championship matches. Why not on Superstars? As far as the WHC, WWE, intercontinental, and us titles are concerned, right now they are doing a good job building new stars with them so why change that? Right now Dolph Ziggler and Cody rhodes are becoming bigger stars and getting the spotlight, and both are bringing meaning back to their respective titles.
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

After years of shrugging it off, Cena's beginning to get annoyed by his haters.

Blog Entries
    This would make no sense there are 2 shows and alot of midcards 2 belts are needed to push more mid card to main eventers. I agree that a Cruiser Weight championship is neede though with all all that that talent the WWE has I believe this division would steal the show.
    I'm jus sayin...

I agree, that they need to bring back a title the undercarders can lift.

Your Punks,Ortons,Cenas,Henry,Shows,ADR,Miz,HHH, Christian, Kane,Sheamus,Taker,Barrett (the company's big guns) fight for the World Championships

Then Ziggler,Bryan,Jackson,Ryder,Rhodes,Mason,Mysterio, Kingston,Swagger,Bourne,Riley,Truth,Mysterio (the mid carders) fight for the IC and US Championship, giving them air time making it prestigious and allowing them to show there ability and move up to the world heavyweight championships

Then finally Hawkins,Mcintyre,Epico,Mcgillicutty,Primo,Marella, Reks,Slater,Hunico,Mahal,Curtis,Di Biase,Baretta,Kidd (the under carders) fight for the Cruiseweight/light heavyweight and as above gives them the chance to prove they can be fighting for the IC and US Championship. It gives the under cards something to work towards and makes the "superstars" show worth a watch.

Somtimes the better wrestlers are the people who are on Superstars but just dont get the push because there is so much competition for the belts, this gives some kind of structure. I mean who would of thought back in 2005/2006 that Nicky from the Spirt Squad would leave WWE come back as Dolph Ziggler and be quite a few peoples cup of tea, wanting him to move from mid card to main event. He's done that buy starting at the bottom, proving he should be mid card, getting to mid card then proving he's too good for that as well.

Obviously this is all my opinion and people will agree and disagree which is totally understandable.