Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NightWolf View Post
    Screw the "dislike" button. We would lose so many members if that was put into play. I do not want to make a good post and then it gets drowned with dislikes from trolls. It would kill my willingness to be here in all honesty. So stfu about a dislike button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Either have the same system as facebook have, where you can only 'like' a post (since some people might become butthurt with people disliking their posts), r the same system as youtube has, where you can like and dislike.
    This is why I disagree with that system. People will be butthurt about it.

Blog Entries
    Um.....pretty sure we already have a system like that in place. It's called Reply With Quote and then you get to agree or disagree with the post using words. Fancy that.

I think it's unnecessary. I feel it would eventually degenerate into a popularity contest. Also, it could serve to discourage people honestly critiquing a post if they saw it was liked by so many and on the other hand, bandwagon jumpers who see a lot of dislikes could turn into a frenzied mob of villagers with pitchforks and torches

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NightWolf View Post
    Screw the "dislike" button. We would lose so many members if that was put into play. I do not want to make a good post and then it gets drowned with dislikes from trolls. It would kill my willingness to be here in all honesty. So stfu about a dislike button.
    Can you please stop using this expression? It's extremely disrespectful and abbreviating it doesn't make it any less so.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    This is why I disagree with that system. People will be butthurt about it.
    That's why I'd vote against it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Can you please stop using this expression? It's extremely disrespectful and abbreviating it doesn't make it any less so.
    I'm glad you said that. I was about to comment on the offensiveness of the remark.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by RomanFlare View Post
    First facebook, then reddit--EWNCW doesn't need attention whores able to quantify their audience D:
    True dat. People must desperately believe there posts are magnificent, and need some self gratifying ego boosts; which will only make them confect that it warrants themselves some sort of peremptory decree over the forum.

Nah.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanFlare View Post
    First facebook, then reddit--EWNCW doesn't need attention whores able to quantify their audience D:
    Neither does JBW.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    True dat. People must desperately believe there posts are magnificent, and need some self gratifying ego boosts; which will only make them confect that it warrants themselves some sort of peremptory decree over the forum.

Nah.
    Basically this. I don't want any ego-maniacs here.

Blog Entries
    The like and dislike suggestion/buttons have pros and cons associated with it. Such matters should be weighed by the Ben Franklin method of decision making. List pros on one side and cons on the other, then see which side has more on the list thus making the decision for you. Like this:

Pros for like/dislike tab:

1. Makes it easy for those who don't know what to say.
    2. Would make it so you can rate the topic, not individual comments.
    3. Could in time let the administrator, (Frank), know which topics are popular.

Cons for like/dislike tab:

1. Promotes laziness.
    2. Adds unnecessary clutter
    3. Clicking on a like/dislike tab adds nothing to the discussion of the topic at hand.
    4. Sensitive people will get their feelings either hurt, or let it go to their head.
    5. Would in effect turn the site into a popularity contest.

There are legitimate uses for a "like" or “dislike” button, but putting them on every page is unnecessary — and it’s asking for trouble. If you’re concerned enough to want to stay in the loop, you should be concerned enough to post. There is a huge opportunity for cyber-bullying by simply clicking the dislike tab on every members post/thread a person doesn't like, thus making people butt-hurt and afraid to post anymore. Clearly the cons outweigh the pros. This is of course just a sample, and should not be considered as the only pros or cons of the topic.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Basically this. I don't want any ego-maniacs here.
    Well we already have some! lmao

Quote Originally Posted by AreYaSerious View Post
    Well we already have some! lmao
    Well....anymore than we have now lol