Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I agree, I kinda thought in the back of my head that it could stop some people from posting their thoughts, but in the instances it would be nice to have a 'like' button - like when some one makes a good point, on a topic you have already said your peace on, or pictures people post,......... I don't know, I guess everyone on here makes a good point. After all this part of the site is used for DISCUSSION, and just 'liking' without explanation, is laziness. After reading all the above post, I can see the 'dislike' button is a horrid idea.

Blog Entries
    I have to agree with you SG, its nothing more than a recipe for disaster

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    This is why I disagree with that system. People will be butthurt about it.
    Then let them be butthurt. What's the worse that could happen? They leave? I think that's the best that can happen, if someone is really dense enough to get butthurt about a few dislikes on their posts, then they're not worth having here on eWN.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Um.....pretty sure we already have a system like that in place. It's called Reply With Quote and then you get to agree or disagree with the post using words. Fancy that.

I think it's unnecessary. I feel it would eventually degenerate into a popularity contest. Also, it could serve to discourage people honestly critiquing a post if they saw it was liked by so many and on the other hand, bandwagon jumpers who see a lot of dislikes could turn into a frenzied mob of villagers with pitchforks and torches
    I actually think you've changed my mind. Take the site Funnyjunk for example, they have a thumbing system...and that's all people ever care about. All they do is make things so they can get imaginary thumbs, and they're not even serving the full purpose of the site, which is to provide funny material.

Maybe we should just test it out? If it turns out bad, then Frank can get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Then let them be butthurt. What's the worse that could happen? They leave? I think that's the best that can happen, if someone is really dense enough to get butthurt about a few dislikes on their posts, then they're not worth having here on eWN.
    We're trying to increase our membership here, not decrease it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    We're trying to increase our membership here, not decrease it.
    Quality of quantity my friend. What's the point of increasing members, if those members are going to get angry all the time? If they're going to get butthurt over that, they're going to get mad over something else too. It's unavoidable either way, people are just like that.

I'd rather have the amount of people we have now, who tend to stay calm and respectful over things, rather then have a large group of people who are constantly causing disruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Quality of quantity my friend. What's the point of increasing members, if those members are going to get angry all the time? If they're going to get butthurt over that, they're going to get mad over something else too. It's unavoidable either way, people are just like that.

I'd rather have the amount of people we have now, who tend to stay calm and respectful over things, rather then have a large group of people who are constantly causing disruptions.
    Which is why having this like/dislike thing is a bad idea. People who get posts 'liked' will develop an ego and become assholes. People will use the 'dislike' button just to troll and bully other members.
    It's not a healthy idea.

Blog Entries
    How about just a Like(and no dislike button) feature then like Facebook. Its probably why FB doesn't have the thumbs down 1 tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Which is why having this like/dislike thing is a bad idea. People who get posts 'liked' will develop an ego and become assholes. People will use the 'dislike' button just to troll and bully other members.
    It's not a healthy idea.
    Could people really develop an ego, just because their fucking post was liked? Isn't the internet a wonderful place?

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ego's are healthy.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

#FreeBodom

Blog Entries
    If in the right hands, if in the wrong hands...... catastrophic.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey