Blog Entries

Miguel Torres Fired from UFC!

Early Wednesday morning, Torres tweeted the following;
    "If a windowless van was called a surprise van, more people wouldn't mind going for a ride in them. Everyone likes surprises."
    Torres' tweet originally read
    "If a rape van was called a surprised van".
    Dana White says that he was disturbed by the tweet, and had this to say;
    "Now there's no explanation for that. There's absolutely nothing I could say to make any sense of that. And the fact that he even thinks that's funny or that's a joke, it disturbs me. It bothers me. Again, you're dealing with a guy that's a smart guy, that owns his own business, that's been one of the top fighters in the world forever. And I cut him today. He's no longer with the UFC."
    In an interview Dana White gave with Sports Illustrated.com, he revealed why he released Torres, but not Forrest Griffon, nor Rashad Evans for tweeting similar "rape" jokes. Dana White had this to say in his interview;
    "[...] He said he hadn't heard what happened to Forrest. 'Really? Where do you live? What business are you in? How do you not hear about these things? You should have paid more attention,' White explained to Torres. "It's to the point now where, there's going be times when things happen and mistakes are made. I cannot defend Miguel Torres. I cannot defend what he said. What he said makes no sense other than when he says, "It was a joke." Well, I don't think that's a funny joke. I think it's disturbing."
    "It's being announced right now to you. You're the only one that knows. Miguel Torres has been cut from the UFC and his career with us now is over."
    During a press conference between Phil Davis and Rashad Evans, Evans told Davis;
    "I guarantee you'll be the first one to take a shot cause I'm going to put my hands on you worse than that dude did them other kids at Penn State."
    Forrest Griffin recently found himself in similar hot water after tweeting,
    "Rape is the new missionary."
    Dana stated;
    "When Forrest tweeted something like that, his explanation was dead on, and it made absolute sense."
    and as far as Rashad goes, Dana had this to say;
    "We're dealing with intelligent people here. It's one thing if you're in a sport that's full of stupid people. Guys that are really dumb. You can't fix stupid."
    he also went on to say that he'd talked to Rashad about his comment and here's how it went;
    "Rashad made a mistake yesterday and I talked to Rashad about it after. Rashad was like 'I don't why I said it. It came out of my mouth and it shouldn't have.' I deal with these guys like normal human being."
    From SI.com and Yahoo Sports.

Your thoughts?

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

How does he know they are intelligent? Did he gave them an IQ test?

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    He probably figures that if they can count to 3, they're intelligent enough to fight.

Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    How does he know they are intelligent? Did he gave them an IQ test?
    Came back negative sadly.

Stream-of-conscience micro-blogging is inherently asinine, so it would probably make sense that everything contained on that service be treated as such and thusly ignored. We ALL have dumb thoughts and ridiculous inclinations to share said thoughts with folks from time to time. You commit that shit to digital, and there are chances that someone is bound to get butthurt over something eventually. It happens. Life goes on (for some of us, apparently). Sorry, but I can't help but feel that a man having his family's livelihood jeopardized over a momentary lapse in good judgment pertaining to something so insignificant is more than a bit outrageous. Makes even less sense when the similar behavior of others is being transparently rationalized and excused. Shame, really.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Update - Miguel Torres Issues Apology After UFC Firing: - Sources - MMA Junkie - Yahoo News

Former WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres has issued a public apology, since being fired by the UFC, on his official website stating;
    “I have a lot to be thankful for in my life, I have my beautiful wife and daughter, my family, my health, my gym, and in terms of my career, I succeeded to the biggest stage in the sport of mixed martial arts, the Ultimate Fighting Championship. I am very sorry for upsetting my bosses at the UFC, and also to my fans and everyone else who was upset by the language in my tweets. I understand it was wrong, and I meant no harm or disrespect. Given the chance, I will do whatever it takes to make things right. I am going to learn from this. I think life throws you opportunities that can make you a better person, and so that’s what I’m going to do here. That is how I am going to react. I am going to use this to improve myself, and I hope that my fans will continue to support me.”
    Whether or not his statement will have any influence over White’s decision to release Torres from his contract remains to the be seen.

Ronda Rousey

And now Miguel Torres is back in UFC.
    Suspended for a whopping 3 weeks total. But he will probably not do it again, as will other fighters, so it probably was a good decision.
    UFC 141 IS TODAY~

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''