Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Immortal? This?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. For my SHOWERHEADS that read all of my post they already know I am a mark for Hogan. I always will be. The man is a legend in this business and he damn near single handily made me a pro rasslin fan to begin with. I will bleed red and yellow till I die. I have met the man, he is humble, friendly and above all else he took the time to talk to me when he didn't have to. I'll tell you a little story about the first time I met him. He was fighting Earthquake (long time ago, i was just a little fella) and my old man was a cop at ringside working special duty. I got to go back stage and he lifted me up with his 24 inch pythons. He even signed many wwe magazines for me. One of the GREATEST moments of my life and I will cherish it forever. He was to me and many others what John Cena is today, bigger than life and a super hero. I sure did need a super hero in my life when I was younger and I am forever grateful he was the one. Yes he is getting up their with age but pro rasslin is so much better with him in it. Newer wrestling fans have something we didnt have back in the day, the internet. To us we kind of knew it was a show but we weren't so sure. Dirt sheets have taken away the magic of wrestling and has showed its just another business with its flaws and headaches. Because of Hogan I will always remember to say my prayers, eat my (Flintstones) vitamins and believe in myself. Folks, you cant get better advice than that. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
    Watcha gonna do when the hulkster runs wild on YOU?
    Amen.

This indeed is, infinite wisdom.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. For my SHOWERHEADS that read all of my post they already know I am a mark for Hogan. I always will be. The man is a legend in this business and he damn near single handily made me a pro rasslin fan to begin with. I will bleed red and yellow till I die. I have met the man, he is humble, friendly and above all else he took the time to talk to me when he didn't have to. I'll tell you a little story about the first time I met him. He was fighting Earthquake (long time ago, i was just a little fella) and my old man was a cop at ringside working special duty. I got to go back stage and he lifted me up with his 24 inch pythons. He even signed many wwe magazines for me. One of the GREATEST moments of my life and I will cherish it forever. He was to me and many others what John Cena is today, bigger than life and a super hero. I sure did need a super hero in my life when I was younger and I am forever grateful he was the one. Yes he is getting up their with age but pro rasslin is so much better with him in it. Newer wrestling fans have something we didnt have back in the day, the internet. To us we kind of knew it was a show but we weren't so sure. Dirt sheets have taken away the magic of wrestling and has showed its just another business with its flaws and headaches. Because of Hogan I will always remember to say my prayers, eat my (Flintstones) vitamins and believe in myself. Folks, you cant get better advice than that. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
    YEAH!! What he said!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cornzone2 View Post
    Hulk is at least not wrestling. It pains me to see old man Flair get in the ring in his 60s and have to put on a long and bloody match like his one with Foley. TNA has a lot of young talent, have them wrestle, not the 60 year old man.
    I'm not fan of Flair getting in the ring and wrestling, but that was actually a decent match. I was very entertained and surprised at how well they presented Foley vs. Flair.

hooah..is all i can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bralon23 View Post
    I'm not fan of Flair getting in the ring and wrestling, but that was actually a decent match. I was very entertained and surprised at how well they presented Foley vs. Flair.
    Flair may not be as agile and strong as he was 20 years ago, but the man can still SELL a match. And that is why he is still in the ring. He can also keep up with the younger guys. Wanna talk about old guys in the ring? I went to an indy show in my home town a few months back and BUDDY LANDELL was there. And he could still sell also. If they can still go, why not let them.

The match was great but still, leave them wrestle for too long and Flair could have a stroke in the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Hulk will always be immortal to the older fans, as we remember his matches when he was in WCW and towards the end in WWE when he always put on a show (Summerslam etc). But to the new fans and youngsters, they will remember the Hogan on crutches and in wheelchairs. There is always archive footage and youtube to look at, but it's not entirely the same. Shame really, but credit for him for having the will and passion to continue on the front line. I'd rather see him take a back seat to let younger talent bloom though. And as for Flair, it's a sad sight to see him in the ring these days. He's great as a manager type of guy, as he is for Fortune, but keep him out of the ring in my opinion.
    so right, took the words outa my mouth

infinite wisdom
    yep infinite wisdom and i aint even a showerhead lmao

Wikipedia says:
    Immortality (or eternal life) is the concept of living in a physical or spiritual form for an infinite length of time.

Well, we just say, he isn't dead yet.
    Wait for the next time...

''If You Know What I Mean''

Thank You Edge and HBK!

Beer! Money!

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Do you personally know the man? Yet another poster claiming to be "in the know" and not backing it up with anything. And isn't making judgements on people you don't know anything about, claiming that you are privy to all that they know, immature and stupid?
    Havent been online for days. But thanks, Rob - you took the words right of my mouth!
    If I can be serious for a minute..

EWNCW - E Wrestling News Championship Wrestling