Page 647 of 843 FirstFirst ... 147 547 597 637645646647648649 657 697 747 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 8425
  1. #6461
    The Trinity Vandarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Favorite Moment: The opening promo between Pamich and Vand has me intrigued as to the direction in which they're going.
    Best Match: The Ferwin vs Gaileo match shades it for me.

    Best Promo:
    Chase Walker. Well done to GGG on that one. Good promo. I remember chase Walker from my time doing TR with Asher and Chase Walker was one of the better competitors. I'll be keeping an eye.

    Best Piece of Booking:
    Smyth winning by countout. A sneaky win for a sneaky competitor.

    Any Piece of Booking You Didn't Like:
    Not particulary

    Any Matches and/or Promos That Could've Been Improved:
    The JJJ and Walker vs Hightower and Black match could have done with a bit more detail, some more near falls and such. Plus there was a lack of commentary throughout the match and post match, as well as after the Walker promo that followed.

    Any Other Positives:
    There's a pretty stacked roster competing for spaces on a small-ish show. Healthy competition is great, and I look forward to seeing who emerges as the ones who want to succeed here.

    Anything else that fell below your expectation:
    The formatting. The light blue used for Dagerield was un-readable. please don't EVER use that color again. Some formatting issues elsewhere too with lack of bolds and italics in places where they should be (in accordance with the EWNCW format system available to see in the batcave), like the Chase Walker promo segment. . The fact that Jessica Young was used as the ring announcer AND the backstage interviewer. This made zero sense to me. there's a whole team of interviewers reporters available to use in EWNCw, please use a couple of those in future.

    How would you improve the negative comments (if any):
    Well you don't need me to tell you how to improve the formatting Just add some near falls into matches when writing (whoever wrote the match I picked out as one that needed improving) and add in commentary to it. The commentary is one of the most important aspects of the show, it's vitally important that it's detailed and more than just a line here and there.

    Overall Show Grade:
    I'll give this a solid C+. No worse than the first show, and it's a credit that the standard has been kept regardless of the changeover.
    I knew I forgot something last night... xD


    Creative Member of RTE
     

    EWNCW:
    Van Darius

    TWE/RTE:

    Van Darius:
    *TWE/RTE Champion (9/23/12 - 2/14/14)

    IWA:
    Ivan Draymen
    Van Darius
    *IWA Endurance Champion (4/28/13 - 8/4/13)

    WWE:
    * Sheamus (US Champion 1/20/13 - )
    * Rob Van Dam

    Dream Team Invitational:
    *The Vandals (w/ Van Hooligan X)


  2. #6462
    At first glance , as I've only just skimmed now, I'll add a few things.

    That Sasha/Elfreida attack on Eden Sky and AshAttack was interesting. Could there be a face turn here coming?'

    I too agree that Dangerfield is way too bright, highlighting was the only real way too read him.

    Good matches all around from what I've seen, ME was great and Smyth's so slimy! Looking forward to see where things go with the new head, and more review to come later.



    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

  3. #6463
    Black Ninja! TTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Shield HQ
    Posts
    6,212
    I won't bring up a huge review for this show, but I'll gladly review it.

    The opening segment of the show was very interesting for sure. I'll truly stay tuned to see what unfolds with this thing. The one thing that did bother me a lot about this opening segment and the whole show was the coloring trouble like everyone has said. I would recommend maybe going into purple or something else.

    I don't know about anyone else, but the first match has some troubles with me. I don't see any entrance videos or read any type of way how the wrestlers walk out to the stage, react to the crowd, and how they are entering in the ring. I wanted to be a little biased for this match, but that little effected ruined most of it for me. I still liked the match very much. I also noticed some issues with the coloring in one part at the end of it almost. Now, before I get over with this match stuff I just wanna say it was a real treat finally facing Smyth with Ryder cause I feel that could have been used a long time ago.

    Now this promo was a nice thing. Vey intriguing for many people who pay attention to Divas, Vixxens, or whatever some companies call the women wrestlers. My only thing I didn't enjoy about this was the fact that it was just on one post and not continue into the next match which is like bug to me. Before I forget, my other bother with this was the fact that Jessica Young was used in the backstage while also being in the ring announcer position. I know that can be fixed for sure.

    Next match is the women. The begin has the same problem as the first one. It has no theme songs for them or anything. Now one of them didn't get what they were doing walking out to the ring or anything. The other one was the ex-champion. Now she got a little description of her walking and all that. Even though she got attacked, I simply disliked it. I don't know about anyone else, but I see it as unfair to others or everyone. And the thing that bother me once again was the fact that this "match" never took place. This is obviously storyline starting and all that. With that I see no trouble. I just think we could have had the promo and match deal go on at the same time. By that I mean in the same post. Just put something in the middle of all that and you can for sure use it.

    Now let's head on over to next match. I really hate this idea of no theme music for any even this people and not getting their entrance stuff being done. I know this sounds harsh, but seriously I might be a little biased on this thing, because I have written many matches before. This needs to be worked on. The match was short and simple to read which I actually liked. And once again which the same problem once more. The promo from Chase and the match were in separate posts. I don't about anybody else, but this does bother me a lot. I'm use to seeing things that go together being used at the same time. However, I can see why you might have not put them together and I'll get into that later.

    Now we are in the last match, so it's Main Event time. And you might have guessed it by now. I hated the opening once more. I hated the fact that these gentlemen actually got their theme songs while everyone else was in my view disrespected by not getting theirs. Since, they got their theme song then you would expect them to get their entrance stuff, but NO they didn't get it. That really needs to change, because I'll say honestly it's like I'm tuning into the same match as before. Obviously this match was the best so far. However, the commentary needs to be put in more or fixed on at.

    There is my review for the show. Now time to get to what I was saying about the promos and matches being not on the same post. That would hurt you a little, since the show is indeed very short. Cause then all what we would be reading is fillers and not the show, so I could understand that. So, that is all for me, but I won't grade the show. Since, basically this came from CT's side, but we need to give credit to Vegas for finally putting it on. I feel like the grading for this show might not matter, because CT is no longer the creative head around here. So, Vegas could easily change any of the booking CT had planned or not. So, better of to grade the show in full once we can give all the creative booking and all that to Vegas's part.

    A STAR WAS BORN!!!! #ThankYouBrock

  4. #6464
    The Trinity AirBourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,421
    Blog Entries
    2
    I never meant for Black and Hightower to be a tag team, for whatever it's worth. Vegas, message me when you can.

    Hightower: Picked up another win, how not shocking.

    Black: Wouldn't have done that without me amateur.

    Hightower: Says the convict....

    Black: What did you say there boy??

    Hightower: Nothing. Nothing at all.
    Ryan Wells:

    - Former JBW TV Champion
    - Former EWNCW Evolution Champion
    - Former Undisputed BWA Grand Champion
    (w/ Gillz)

    Xavier Hightower:


    - Former RTE Tag Team Champion
    (w/ Kaige Chamberlain)


  5. #6465
    Quote Originally Posted by AirBourne View Post
    I never meant for Black and Hightower to be a tag team, for whatever it's worth. Vegas, message me when you can.

    Hightower: Picked up another win, how not shocking.

    Black: Wouldn't have done that without me amateur.

    Hightower: Says the convict....

    Black: What did you say there boy??

    Hightower: Nothing. Nothing at all.
    I made that decision as a one of to get you guys on the show
    Israel Pamich
    Number 1 Contender for the RTE Championship
    Fight Night IV
    ​RTE Championship Match
    Alex Wildheart (C) v Israel Pamich

    Domination
    Number 1 Contenders for the EWNCW World Tag Team Titles at:
    In Violence We Trust
    EWNCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
    Mixed Emotions (C) v Domination


  6. #6466
    The Trinity AirBourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,421
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketTragic View Post
    I made that decision as a one of to get you guys on the show
    Ok, just wanted to make sure, that's all.
    Ryan Wells:

    - Former JBW TV Champion
    - Former EWNCW Evolution Champion
    - Former Undisputed BWA Grand Champion
    (w/ Gillz)

    Xavier Hightower:


    - Former RTE Tag Team Champion
    (w/ Kaige Chamberlain)


  7. #6467
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,594
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AirBourne View Post
    I never meant for Black and Hightower to be a tag team, for whatever it's worth. Vegas, message me when you can.

    Hightower: Picked up another win, how not shocking.

    Black: Wouldn't have done that without me amateur.

    Hightower: Says the convict....

    Black: What did you say there boy??

    Hightower: Nothing. Nothing at all.
    It was a one off. You have to be prepared to tag team ever once in a while with anyone, even if you're a singles wrestler.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  8. #6468
    Favorite Moment: Wasn't really any for me.

    Best Match: Frewin vs Gaileo.

    Best Promo: Walker.

    Best Piece of Booking: Can't say much here.

    Best Debut *when applicable*: I guess this goes to Ms. Queen?

    Any Piece of Booking You Didn't Like: Practically the entire show. For reasons mentioned by others already. The colors, the formatting, length of matches, etc. Was just something that I would've preferred not to see unless it was prepared to post and it wasn't.

    Any Matches and/or Promos That Could've Been Improved: ^ See above.

    Any Other Positives: Not really. Show was promo light and matches were rather short.

    Anything else that fell below your expectation: Don't really wanna say anything more as it won't be good.

    How would you improve the negative comments (if any): Formatting needs to be consistent. Colors used need to be dark enough to read because when you compare this turquoise vs this turquoise which is better? I prefer the latter and it being bolded to help the reading process be the best it can be.

    Matches though fewer per show do not have suffer in quality in fact they should be some of the best matches that can be read because there are in fact so few and more attention to detail can be given to them to show that new NXT-ish style this show want to embody is really embraced. So no short matches, unless they're squashes really, which they're shouldn't be any unless the character being used in it merits it.

    More promos. 4-5 promos per show would be ideal since the talent to do 4-5 promos per show is there and should be shown. This show really only had like 3 promos and did not help the show at all.

    Overall Show Grade: C-

    Hoping things pick up soon.
    S.E. Zero is now Luizero. Look him up

  9. #6469
    Black Ninja! AshleyPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    8,262
    Thanks for the kind words on the main effect guys
    I did not think it was up too standard as I am very fearful when it comes to main events, so means alot you liked


    IWA Revolution Creative Team

    IWA/WWE

    IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

    2013: Women's Wrestler of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch



  10. #6470
    The Trinity Vegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    City of Evil
    Posts
    2,728
    Quote Originally Posted by S.E. Zero View Post
    Favorite Moment: Wasn't really any for me.

    Best Match: Frewin vs Gaileo.

    Best Promo: Walker.

    Best Piece of Booking: Can't say much here.

    Best Debut *when applicable*: I guess this goes to Ms. Queen?

    Any Piece of Booking You Didn't Like: Practically the entire show. For reasons mentioned by others already. The colors, the formatting, length of matches, etc. Was just something that I would've preferred not to see unless it was prepared to post and it wasn't.

    Any Matches and/or Promos That Could've Been Improved: ^ See above.

    Any Other Positives: Not really. Show was promo light and matches were rather short.

    Anything else that fell below your expectation: Don't really wanna say anything more as it won't be good.

    How would you improve the negative comments (if any): Formatting needs to be consistent. Colors used need to be dark enough to read because when you compare this turquoise vs this turquoise which is better? I prefer the latter and it being bolded to help the reading process be the best it can be.

    Matches though fewer per show do not have suffer in quality in fact they should be some of the best matches that can be read because there are in fact so few and more attention to detail can be given to them to show that new NXT-ish style this show want to embody is really embraced. So no short matches, unless they're squashes really, which they're shouldn't be any unless the character being used in it merits it.

    More promos. 4-5 promos per show would be ideal since the talent to do 4-5 promos per show is there and should be shown. This show really only had like 3 promos and did not help the show at all.

    Overall Show Grade: C-

    Hoping things pick up soon.

    Who is Ms. Queen?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.