Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WWE bring it back!: Will Foley restore Hardcore?

For some time, the WWE Universe has been salivating over the possible return of the defunct Hardcore Championship on Twitter and Facebook.

Now, in light of Mick Foley's return on RAW GETS ROCKED this past Monday to reinstate "This is Your Life!," hope has never been stronger as to whether this could actually happen. WWE.com pleads with the The Hardcore Legend to lead the charge and bring back WWE's most brutal titles.

Read more here:
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/bring-back-hardcore

I stumbled onto this from reading an article on another thread here, do you actually think the WWE is considering bringing back the hardcore title? Or is it a wwe hopeful writing the article, or worse them just advertising a hardcore dvd release set?
    R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, the last wrestler who made wrestling not only fun, but brought a spark that could never be matched.
    1967 - 2005

---
    There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it. - Ron Paul

I'm saying it's just an article but I'd love a dvd or for them to bring it back.

Blog Entries
    It'll be nice, but I don't think this will happen...

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

We might see brilliant flashes from time to time, but what was with ecw type of hardcore is dead rip. Any attempt to restore it would be but an homage that falls short

Quote Originally Posted by monctonvike View Post
    We might see brilliant flashes from time to time, but what was with ecw type of hardcore is dead rip. Any attempt to restore it would be but an homage that falls short
    This is very true.
    ECW One Night Stand was as close to the glory days of ECW/Hardcore wrestling as we will ever see again.

I don't think Foley will be bringing it back, especially after seeing him Santa Clausing it up on SD.

WWE needs hardcore back, but only maybe once every few months to keep it fresh, & I think instead of being "PG" all the time... They should mix it up w/ a little hardcore action to balance things out to make everyone happy, not just the kids. I mean, imagine in this era... If you were to see Cactus Jack wrap some barbed wire around someone like the Miz or Cody Rhode's face? That would be epic! & shocking. IMO it would get some ratings.
    SKITTLES!

Quote Originally Posted by Festeringeviscerate View Post
    WWE needs hardcore back, but only maybe once every few months to keep it fresh, & I think instead of being "PG" all the time... They should mix it up w/ a little hardcore action to balance things out to make everyone happy, not just the kids. I mean, imagine in this era... If you were to see Cactus Jack wrap some barbed wire around someone like the Miz or Cody Rhode's face? That would be epic! & shocking. IMO it would get some ratings.
    Yeah, i do agree with that, even mixing it up some would be a nice change.
    R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, the last wrestler who made wrestling not only fun, but brought a spark that could never be matched.
    1967 - 2005

---
    There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it. - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Reichwulf View Post
    For some time, the WWE Universe has been salivating over the possible return of the defunct Hardcore Championship on Twitter and Facebook.

Now, in light of Mick Foley's return on RAW GETS ROCKED this past Monday to reinstate "This is Your Life!," hope has never been stronger as to whether this could actually happen. WWE.com pleads with the The Hardcore Legend to lead the charge and bring back WWE's most brutal titles.

Read more here:
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/bring-back-hardcore

I stumbled onto this from reading an article on another thread here, do you actually think the WWE is considering bringing back the hardcore title? Or is it a wwe hopeful writing the article, or worse them just advertising a hardcore dvd release set?
    Bring back Hardcore? Didn't you know it's the PG era?! (note the sarcasim).
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind_Bastard View Post
    It'll be nice, but I don't think this will happen...
    I also doubt it but it would be cool to have it back

Yea that's true, but if they do bring it back even half force i would be happy, hardcore wrestling was what got be into the sport in the first place, that and lucha wrestling, if it wasn't for those two, i probably would've never gotten into wrestling.
    1967 - 2005

---