Page 346 of 425 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 4245
    Very limited amount of info on the PS4, so I'll be reserving judgement until a later date. It was definitely just Sony getting in first before Microsoft, it was a poor event really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    A button on the controller is 10 times easier than navigating some menu. Your reasoning for saying it's useless is ridiculous. If you do something cool in a game then you want to share it, simple as that. And this feature is a quick and easy way to do so.

People actually do share stuff on youtube/facebook etc. More than you think.
    What do you mean my reasoning is ridiculous? The entire purpose of the Share button is to share stuff online. If your console isn't being taken online, an entire face button on a controller is rendered absolutely unusable. That's a fact, unless they have an option that replaces the function of the one Option button into the traditional Start/Select buttons for people that don't have a use for the Share button(assuming that's all the Option button does of course). Let's not even get into the amount of people that are online and keep friends list and don't care to share stuff anyway.

Anyway, I think it's a safe bet that the Share button is going to take you to some menu anyway, so it's just stupid to have a dedicated button for it. If you can share stuff on Facebook, Youtube, your friends network on PSN and all these mediums(not even counting the type of content, like a picture or a video)... theoretically you should be picking where you want to share things when you push that button, and what kind of content it is that you want to share... right? I don't know, to me it doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by Viperfish; 02-21-2013 at 07:12 PM.

I have absolutely zero interest in sharing images and video from my videogames with folks, and I find the continued emphasis on social networking to personally be a couple of different kinds of obnoxious- but there being a dedicated button on the controller for that sort of thing isn't even remotely close to being a deal-breaker for me. That kind of a feature is obviously appealing to somebody, and I'm not of the mindset that gaming companies need to create their products with only my particular interests in mind. I mean, just because there's a button there doesn't mean that I need to push it. The effort needed for me to not give all sorts of fucks will be minimal.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Reflecting on it, I don't hate all social networking in regards to gaming (just the overwhelming majority of it); the Wii U's Miiverse has to be my exception to the rule. What I adore about that community is just how positive and passionate everyone is. Too many gamers nowadays spend the majority of their time on the internet just being endlessly snarky about any and every game that comes out, and they actively root against companies like they have some kind of financial stake in the console/handheld wars. It's equal parts bizarre and insufferable. But Miiverse? It's nothing but people celebrating games, franchises, and concepts that they love. Instead of tearing things down, it's just a massive global collection of folks holding shit up with great regard. Everyone's just so pleasant, friendly, and seemingly human. And it's all pretty ironic if you really think about it; for a brand that's unfairly labeled as being just for the kids, Ninty apparently has the most mature fans.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    What do you mean my reasoning is ridiculous? The entire purpose of the Share button is to share stuff online. If your console isn't being taken online, an entire face button on a controller is rendered absolutely unusable. That's a fact, unless they have an option that replaces the function of the one Option button into the traditional Start/Select buttons for people that don't have a use for the Share button(assuming that's all the Option button does of course). Let's not even get into the amount of people that are online and keep friends list and don't care to share stuff anyway.

Anyway, I think it's a safe bet that the Share button is going to take you to some menu anyway, so it's just stupid to have a dedicated button for it. If you can share stuff on Facebook, Youtube, your friends network on PSN and all these mediums(not even counting the type of content, like a picture or a video)... theoretically you should be picking where you want to share things when you push that button, and what kind of content it is that you want to share... right? I don't know, to me it doesn't make any sense.
    The number of Playstation users that DO play online outweighs the number that don't. So the new button caters to the majority.
    And like I said, it's ridiculous that you say that your interest in the console is destroyed because of one small button that you're not going to use. If you're not going to use it then it isn't going to affect you.

For the record, I don't play online much, and am not in the practice of sharing my gameplay online.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I have absolutely zero interest in sharing images and video from my videogames with folks, and I find the continued emphasis on social networking to personally be a couple of different kinds of obnoxious- but there being a dedicated button on the controller for that sort of thing isn't even remotely close to being a deal-breaker for me. That kind of a feature is obviously appealing to somebody, and I'm not of the mindset that gaming companies need to create their products with only my particular interests in mind. I mean, just because there's a button there doesn't mean that I need to push it. The effort needed for me to not give all sorts of fucks will be minimal.
    ^^This in a nutshell^^
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

To add to why I think it's a bad idea... you only need to look as far as the current generation of consoles and their control schemes. The PS3 and the 360 largely share the same library. Why? Well, just look at the controllers. They've got the same number of buttons, and they're roughly in the same place on the controller. It's very easy for a developer to port as far as controls are concerned. Now look at the Wii. I mean obviously the system itself is grossly underpowered but trying to port something to a completely different control scheme is impossible in some cases. Yeah, there's the regular controller you can get for the Wii, but it just goes to show you how much of an impact a different control scheme makes.

Now, they're essentially removing 1 button from the controller for the PS4(unless the PS button functions as Start and Option functions as Select, or Option functions as both). If Microsoft wants to keep this ease of porting, they're going to have to remove a button too from the 720. What's the alternative? Either developers ignore the PS4's lack of the one button and force players to go through a menu to hit Start/Select or however they decide to do it(which, depending on the game's use of those buttons is going to have little impact or it's going to be a nightmare if the game is heavily reliant on them), or they pick the PS4 as the standard and dev their games around the fact that this is how the control scheme is going to be(with the one less button), which offers more limitations than how things are now.

Let's not even get into the touch pad. If Microsoft includes one on their controller too, then more games will use it, and again, games will be easier to port. If not, then it's pretty much going to be for PS4 exclusives or extra bonuses for the PS4 version of a game. The more proprietary things are, the more difficult it is to port something over(or impossible altogether, as the Wii learned). With the way the budget is for game development, I don't think many companies can afford to release their games on a console exclusive basis.

Bouncer.jpg

Who remembers this game? PS2 classic. Beating up Robots, and ass-kicking alien girl. Great game
    Last edited by AWrestlingGod; 02-25-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Volt.jpg

Well come to think of it, the game was poorly recieved, but I still think it was a classic, plus Volt was a beast.
    Last edited by AWrestlingGod; 02-25-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Wow, that's ^^^ a blast from the past. That was a PS2 launch title wasn't it? Totally forgot that game existed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Wow, that's ^^^ a blast from the past. That was a PS2 launch title wasn't it? Totally forgot that game existed!
    I found it in my old box of video games, and I just had to play it. Brings back memories.