Page 284 of 425 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 4245
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    Yeah so far the premise is you either join the X-Men or the Brotherhood. Juggernaut is in the game to so I'm happy lol
    the option to join the brotherhood sounds cool
    may have to look into playing it, when Prototype 2 and SR 3 have lost their "new game smell"

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

So what's so great about the Playstation Vita? Is it just a PSP with a touchscreen?
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    So what's so great about the Playstation Vita? Is it just a PSP with a touchscreen?
    Sort of yeah, the games are better quality, there just isn't many worth the money.

The elder scrolls 3 Morrowind, just like wrestling produced better stuff 10 yrs ago

Blog Entries
    Sort of yeah, the games are better quality, there just isn't many worth the money.
    that has been Sony's big issue for far too long now.
    what happened to all the great deals they made with the PS2? the PSP, arguably a better piece of hardware than the GBA (I think that's the one that was out when the PSP debuted) but with about 1/10th of the games.

Sony makes awesome hardware, they just need to fire whoever they have talking to game developers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    that has been Sony's big issue for far too long now.
    what happened to all the great deals they made with the PS2? the PSP, arguably a better piece of hardware than the GBA (I think that's the one that was out when the PSP debuted) but with about 1/10th of the games.

Sony makes awesome hardware, they just need to fire whoever they have talking to game developers.
    Very true, the likes of Tekken, GTA, Devil May Cry etc have all become muliti console games. However they do still have the likes of Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Resistance, Killzone etc.

The same could be argued for the 360, they lost a lot of their exclusives to Mass Effect, Bioshock, Dead Rising etc. You could argue the 360 has no real exclusives either with the lies of Halo, Gears of War and Left 4 Dead all being PC games to.

Blog Entries
    Very true, the likes of Tekken, GTA, Devil May Cry etc have all become muliti console games. However they do still have the likes of Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Resistance, Killzone etc.

The same could be argued for the 360, they lost a lot of their exclusives to Mass Effect, Bioshock, Dead Rising etc. You could argue the 360 has no real exclusives either with the lies of Halo, Gears of War and Left 4 Dead all being PC games to.
    indeed, exclusivity to one console seems to be disappearing fast. However Microsoft spent a lot less on their hardware, and seems to be trying more and more to make it an all-in-one system (Which is really funny considering when they both first came out everyone pegged Sony as the company to try that first)

Also, even on PC Microsoft is still getting some of the money, since the vast majority of gaming pcs still run some flavor of Windows (Apple being too expensive and prone to refuse working with anything 3rd party, and Linux being too diverse and hard to get into on a casual level, requiring patching and sometimes actually re-writing parts of the build to play games)

It's almost like Sega and the Dreamcast (or xbox -1 as I like to lovingly refer to it) great piece of hardware, capable of doing wonderful things (I still love mine) completely dead because most of the best games they could get were first party titles. Obviously with Sony the problem isn't that bad, and perhaps never will be, but without exclusive titles their main points of comparison left are price and features.

Currently you can get a new Xbox from gamestop for 199.99 It has a 4GB HDD
    the PS3 is 249.99 however it comes with a 160 GB HDD, which is great, unless mommy or grandma are buying one, in which case they are more likely to save the 50 bucks.

As far as features go, well all we have to do is look at E3, where some of Microsoft's biggest announcements were bringing over American sports leagues. or how hard they try to sell people on the video marketplace. Microsoft seems to be getting a lead feature-wise, and while there are a lot of people that just want their game system to be a game system, the vast majority seems to want more and more options (myself included) If Sony hopes to fully compete with the new times, they need to step up their game feature-wise

That being said, I love my PS3 and my Xbox 360

I'm really not liking this whole "not play ME3 for a couple days and lose Galactic Readiness" deal.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I'm really not liking this whole "not play ME3 for a couple days and lose Galactic Readiness" deal.
    yeah, that is some serious bullshit
    I could see it if your readiness slowly declined over the course of the single player campaign, because that would have a basis in the story to be happening, Reapers are really good at killing things by now, so it makes sense that without help the galaxy is getting it's ass kicked (really the point of the game) but when you pull that shit because I'm not playing, it reminds me of an overly-needy girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I'm not an Xbox fan to any degree, but the idea that Microsoft need to pander to former PS3 owners with their controller design is myopic and more than a little egocentric. Not everything can or should be built around the singular experience that one particular user has decided to place upon a pedestal.
    Yeah I know, and I respect that. It's not like it's really hard to get used to, but it can be a little discouraging if you're thinking about buying the product.

Anyways, has anyone posted this

Yet?

I cannot WAIT for this game to come out. It looks a lot like the same type of game play from Uncharted, but in a completely different atmosphere, with a whole new story revolving around it. Plus, the way the characters talk and interact with each other is so interesting. It seems like the way you play the game has an effect on the dialog and scenes.

There were parts where the main character Joel could have gotten hit with some gun fire, and the AI character Ellie ask "Are you OK" and he responds with "Yeah, it's nothing serious". Sounded A LOT like movie dialog, for something that could happen a lot. The only problem with that, is I'm not sure how much of that would be repeated later on. If they say the same thing, or just say one or two things in that type of situation, it could start to get annoying and repetitive. But if at times it's not said, or if it's only said once and they have other dialog for different situations and locations later on in the game, that could be REALLY cool.

Another thing is, there's a part in that gameplay where Joel tries to shoot the gun, and it finds it's out of ammo. The guy who's left says "I know that sound" and then starts going after him, knowing he no longer has a weapon. That's where Ellie throws a brick at his head, and they're then able to take him out.

That seemed like something that would happen in a cut scene, but it came down to how the user used his ammo, and in that certain situation as well. I'm curious to see what would have happened there, if the user was someone who was a little trigger happy, and used up all of the ammo before he had gotten to that point.

I'm hoping that the game comes out really smoothly. It looks FANTASTIC, and as an Uncharted fan, it's definitely something I have to buy.