Page 242 of 425 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 4245
    To be fair though Ape, it's the same whenever a new fighting game gets released. They are always just more of the same A few new characters, and not much else?! I picked up the game myself today, probably should have waited for a price drop like you say, but I just couldn't wait!! One thing I have noticed though, it seems a hell of a lot quicker than before. Yes the story mode is nonsensical and a bit ridiculous, but what fighting game story isn't? Haven't ventured into xbox LIVE matches yet, cos' I want to re-hone my skillz! I'm not regretting my full price £35 purchase yet though

THE SOUL STILL BURNS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    To be fair though Ape, it's the same whenever a new fighting game gets released. They are always just more of the same A few new characters, and not much else?! I picked up the game myself today, probably should have waited for a price drop like you say, but I just couldn't wait!! One thing I have noticed though, it seems a hell of a lot quicker than before. Yes the story mode is nonsensical and a bit ridiculous, but what fighting game story isn't? Haven't ventured into xbox LIVE matches yet, cos' I want to re-hone my skillz! I'm not regretting my full price £35 purchase yet though

THE SOUL STILL BURNS!!!
    The new Mortal Kombat wasn't a simple roster update at all. Solid story, too.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

I'm not the biggest fan of Mortal Kombat, so I haven't played that one, yet. I believe that was a complete reboot though, and not just a numbered sequel?

Blog Entries
    oh yeah they were in 4... God, my memory is gone
    Right to Un-censor!

I'm not the biggest fan of Mortal Kombat, so I haven't played that one, yet. I believe that was a complete reboot though, and not just a numbered sequel?
    Yeah, it was a reboot, but you said "it's the same whenever a new fighting game gets released" not "it's the same whenever a new fighting game sequel gets released" so...HA!...got you with semantics! You're pretty much right, though, with the Street Fighter series being the biggest offender.

And, hey, I'm not the biggest Mortal Kombat fan, either, but the recent one was damn good, man. Best in the series, even. Definitely worth checking out if you can find it on the cheap.

Lulz! When I re-read my post there, I realised I should of edited in the 'sequel' part but I thought you'd know what I meant!!

Yeah man, I've noticed the new Mortal Kombat is getting cheap now, like -£15 and I will bite eventually, but I have a love hate relationship with Mortal Kombat. Loved it when I was a kid, when all the blood and gore was a new thing! As a grown ass man though, realised how shit it really was and hated it last time I played it. I bought that arcade trilogy that hit XBLA a few months ago. Being a big fighting game fan though, I should at least give the reboot a chance!

Fighting game talk!? Wow lol xD

Lulz! When I re-read my post there, I realised I should of edited in the 'sequel' part but I thought you'd know what I meant!!

Yeah man, I've noticed the new Mortal Kombat is getting cheap now, like -£15 and I will bite eventually, but I have a love hate relationship with Mortal Kombat. Loved it when I was a kid, when all the blood and gore was a new thing! As a grown ass man though, realised how shit it really was and hated it last time I played it. I bought that arcade trilogy that hit XBLA a few months ago. Being a big fighting game fan though, I should at least give the reboot a chance!
    Yeah, I tried going back to the older Mortal Kombat games not too long ago and they are in fact rubbish. Almost unplayable even. That's not an issue with the new game, though; the fighting system actually has some depth to it this go-round.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Fighting game talk!? Wow lol xD
    It's Down-Right Fierce!!!

It's Down-Right Fierce!!!
    *Ahem* ITS DOWN, DOWN-RIGHT, RIGHT and PUNCH!