Page 234 of 444 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224232233234235236 244 284 334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 4432
    See I'm not really a lover of RPGs like... AT ALL! But the Fable games definitely appealed to me, I'd be willing to bet my house (if I had one ) that there'll be a new one on the horizon. Can see it having a lot to do with kinect this time round though, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing i'll let you decide. So look forward to that patented Peter Molyneux hyperbole!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    See I'm not really a lover of RPGs like... AT ALL! But the Fable games definitely appealed to me, I'd be willing to bet my house (if I had one ) that there'll be a new one on the horizon. Can see it having a lot to do with kinect this time round though, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing i'll let you decide. So look forward to that patented Peter Molyneux hyperbole!!
    Fable is good as an RPG that doesn't take itself too seriously, it isn't a hardcore rpg, which is good for getting a wider audience to appreciate it.

I really hope that if they do make 4. then they don't tie it too closely to the Kinect, simply because I vastly prefer having a controller in my hands, and I worry that they would "Put it on rails" a la Area 51 (Which is an awesome game in it's own right) which just would not work as well for a title like Fable.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I pretty much completely disagree, though I hate the jobs, the side missions are different, and where Fable really gets it's unique personality (From shrinking down to play the funniest live action D&D game ever, to acting out scenes from different hilarious plays, to releasing demonically possessed lawn gnomes all over the land.) The quests are short enough to pick up and play, and while it is not the best most engaging RPG ever, it certainly is worth having, and playing through every now and again.

Well you have kinda have half missed what i was saying. I do agree it is funny at times but the reason i just think its ok is because 1, 2 and 3 are almost identical in alot of ways.

The humor and voice cast is the best thing about the Fable series and does make it very unique in that way. But from a gameplay perspective it hasnt progressed since its orginal Xbox run.

The Gnomes and Gargoyles arent very funny and its the same joke every game with them.

I honestly dont see the replay value in Fable 2 or 3 but it is very rare i replay a game several times that isnt a Bioware game.

You have to atleast admit they need to improve the gameplay and style of the game as they are very samey.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Subject Zero View Post
    Well you have kinda have half missed what i was saying. I do agree it is funny at times but the reason i just think its ok is because 1, 2 and 3 are almost identical in alot of ways.

The humor and voice cast is the best thing about the Fable series and does make it very unique in that way. But from a gameplay perspective it hasnt progressed since its orginal Xbox run.

The Gnomes and Gargoyles arent very funny and its the same joke every game with them.

I honestly dont see the replay value in Fable 2 or 3 but it is very rare i replay a game several times that isnt a Bioware game.

You have to atleast admit they need to improve the gameplay and style of the game as they are very samey.
    the gameplay is so similar mainly because it works, it lets you juggle melee, ranged and magic. It isn't broken, why fix it?
    the gnomes still make me giggle a little, but I never found the gargoyles all that amusing, mainly because they were harder to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    the gameplay is so similar mainly because it works, it lets you juggle melee, ranged and magic. It isn't broken, why fix it?
    the gnomes still make me giggle a little, but I never found the gargoyles all that amusing, mainly because they were harder to understand.
    WHAT?

If you understood the Gnomes you should the Gargoyles it was by the same voice artist and it was the same script just with more added. Infact i dont even believe some of the lines were rerecorded they just used the same sound files from the previous title.

Well alot of people do think its broke as its becoming boring check out how the reviews from critics and customers have plummeted they do need to do more or at least make it so that it dosent feel like an expansion pack each time.

They appear to be making Fable 4 but i doubt i will pat full price for it as it has been disappointing to play 2 + 3.

Blog Entries
    WHAT?

If you understood the Gnomes you should the Gargoyles it was by the same voice artist and it was the same script just with more added. Infact i dont even believe some of the lines were rerecorded they just used the same sound files from the previous title.

Well alot of people do think its broke as its becoming boring check out how the reviews from critics and customers have plummeted they do need to do more or at least make it so that it dosent feel like an expansion pack each time.

They appear to be making Fable 4 but i doubt i will pat full price for it as it has been disappointing to play 2 + 3.
    maybe I got a messed sound file on my copy then, because they are a bit quieter, and harder to hear/understand

I think a lot of the complaints are coming from people that want change for change's sake, and I have never been part of that camp. The fact that I can seamlessly transition between attacks is what makes that combat system work for me. I am fine with them using the same one each time, because I don't have any issues with it.

They could do a bit to shake up the story, the idea of getting to rule as king for the second half of Fable 3 is fun in theory, but in practice it could use a bit of work. And I would like to see a bit more ambiguity with the morality choices, but other than that, I think they are spot on for what it is, a semi-serious style action/adventure title, with a few RPG elements thrown in and a bit of a sandbox feel.

Blog Entries
    Deus Ex just arrived today, and I'm going to start playing right now!!
    I got it for a cut price of £9.99!! So it's an absolute snip for that!!

If it's anything as good as the reviews, I'm in for a treat I'm sure!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Deus Ex just arrived today, and I'm going to start playing right now!!

I got it for a cut price of £9.99!! So it's an absolute snip for that!!

If it's anything as good as the reviews, I'm in for a treat I'm sure!

Still not played on it might have to give it ago soon. I was a fan of the 2nd but never played the 1st.

Blog Entries
    Still not played on it might have to give it ago soon. I was a fan of the 2nd but never played the 1st.
    Best £10 I've ever spent on a game!!

Deus Ex HR is a MUST BUY if you're into RPG and FPS. It's a great mix of both and I'd recommend it for anyone!
    Still not completed the main quest yet, but I'm having a great time with it
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

DLC out for Saint's Row 3 today! Genkibowl VII

Need to gets me some msp!!