Page 211 of 439 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201209210211212213 221 261 311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 4381
  1. #2101
    The Trinity Necroyeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Nanny State
    Posts
    4,196
    Holy shit that sounds amazing, I'm definitely looking into that.

    Definitely plan to flash my 360 DVD drive at some point, as a sort of project more than anything. From what I understand, I need to invest in an eSATA to SATA cable. I'm saving this one for when I'm REALLY bored.


  2. #2102
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,770
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    Holy shit that sounds amazing, I'm definitely looking into that.

    Definitely plan to flash my 360 DVD drive at some point, as a sort of project more than anything. From what I understand, I need to invest in an eSATA to SATA cable. I'm saving this one for when I'm REALLY bored.
    I'm a gamer and a tech surrounded by other gamers and techs, sometimes we get fun ideas
    it will stop you from being able to play 360 games on it though, so bear that in mind


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  3. #2103
    The Trinity Necroyeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Nanny State
    Posts
    4,196
    And here I thought techs just spent all day defragmenting hard drives and replacing bulging capacitors


  4. #2104
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,770
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    And here I thought techs just spent all day defragmenting hard drives and replacing bulging capacitors
    I'd have a joke for that, but I'm, not that fucking funny :P


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  5. #2105
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,770
    Blog Entries
    1
    Been playing DC Universe online all day. I have 2 characters. Hero is Asher Delampyr Villain is Asher SaDiablo (I know damn creative names) if anyone else plays feel free to shoot either one a friend request on the PS3 PvE server.


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  6. #2106
    The Trinity Sully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,159
    So I'm getting Battlefield 3, this Wednesday. I'm actually pretty excited for it, I think I'm going to like it more then COD. It seems like everything that I hate about the Modern Warfare games, is fixed in Battlefield. For example, the knifing...in COD, if you turn around a corner and there's a guy right in front of you, and out of instinct you shoot your gun, you're dead. You're dead, because the other guy automatically hit the knife button, and somehow that knife killed you, faster then your gun killed him.

    In BF3, it takes 3 knifes from the front to kill an enemy, way more realistic. Then, they make it even better with the stealth knife kills, where you get an automatic knife kill, when knifing someone from behind. This game is also fully focused on teamwork. MW3 attempted this with the Kill Confirmed game mode, but nobody takes it seriously. Everyone in that game, just sits back and camps...not even going for any dog tags. In BF3, people are always spotting enemies for each other, and working like a real military group would.

    Plus, it seems like BF3 is 10x more realistic, all the way around. Everything seems so real, while COD's story is not only unrealistic, but the animations are cheap too. I have to admit though, I do like the MW3 storyline, but I'll get back to that in a minute. Anyways, the animations and the dialog seem so realistic to an actual war battle (although I've never been in a war battle, nor have I been in any military group, so I really can't say that for sure). The way your character uses his hands with the environment, and how you can actually see your entire body. COD can easily do this, but it seems like they're too eager to get the game out on time.

    In BF3 if your character jumps over a wall, you can see your arms and legs move over the way. That's not the case in MW3...and if your character on Battlefield goes under something, you can see his hand being place on the object, to guide him through. Why can't they do this in MW3? I've only seen that used one time in the campaign mission, and it was actually one of the times that I predicted it wouldn't happen. Plus, in BF3...you can see your characters hands, legs, and even his shadow! His shadow for crying out loud, talk about detail. What can you see in COD? Your hands...maybe some cheaply animated legs?

    I don't even have to mention how beautiful the graphics look, because everyone already knows how outstanding they are. Even Black Ops took a step up, with their gritty graphics sort of look. Why can't a game that comes out a year after that be better? They're under the same franchise, it's a year afterwards...why can't they have better graphics? No, instead they use the same damn engine from the old game. Now that I'm talking about it, I think I really don't like MW3, and that's a first for the Call of Duty series. I love the campaign, I'll tell you that, but the way they made the multiplayer seem so much like Call of Duty 4, I don't like it.

    Maybe that's because I barely played COD 4 online, I'm not sure...but I didn't like it. Everything seemed too grim...but in MW3, everything looked so much more colorful. Now in this game, it leans far too much on COD 4's style. The maps are hands down though, the biggest issue I have with the game. I hate the Multiplayer maps on Modern Warfare 3, they are extremely small, all of them. There may be two decently sized maps in the entire game...not to mention there are hardly any sniper friendly positions in any of the maps, and if there is, there's only about one good spot. I don't snipe often, but it's still a very huge aspect of the game.

    It almost seems like they made the first batch of maps, incredibly shitty to start out with, so more people would be eager to buy the DLCs. A matter of fact, I think that's exactly what it is. Which is why I'm excited for Battlefield, plus...BF3's DLC is actually coming out a week earlier to PS3 users, if I'm correct, I think it actually comes out tomorrow. I think they did this because the PS3 users got screwed out of something they were supposed to get with the game, so EA Games made it up to them by giving them the DLC a week early.

    To my knowledge, BF3 also doesn't have anything like COD Elite. I cannot stand Call of Duty Elite, it's just another way for the developers to make more money. Giving users that pay for your, shitty premium membership, extra in-game stuff? Come on, that's just ridiculous, and unfair. It makes the game seem like a social class, it makes it seem like an actual damn government, with the rich people on top and in control, and the poor not having as equal of rights. Talk about fucking ironic, that's why there's wars in the first place, and then we have something similar in a war game? Still...I like COD. As much as I hate the maps, I have enjoyed playing Multiplayer. That doesn't mean I'm not going to abandon it once I max my level, and I'm certainly not going to prestige any time soon, but I do respect the game. But there's just so many aspects of this game, that are unrealistic and cheap. I'm sick of just getting out of the way of enemy fire, only to die a second later because of bullet lag. I'm sick of running and gunning through a map smaller then a jail cell, regardless of how good I am at it.

    I think it's finally time to drop the childish, unrealistic crap that I experience in COD, and have an entirely new gaming experience playing Battlefield. Where the maps are extremely large, the graphics are amazing, and the animations look like like. I may be a little untuned at first, but I think I'll be able to get a hang of the gameplay quickly. One thing I will miss though, is the vast choices of game types. I do really love the stealth like style of Search and Destroy.

    Holy hell, how long have I been typing for? To answer my question, apparently a good 33 minutes.

  7. #2107
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    So I'm getting Battlefield 3, this Wednesday. I'm actually pretty excited for it, I think I'm going to like it more then COD. It seems like everything that I hate about the Modern Warfare games, is fixed in Battlefield. For example, the knifing...in COD, if you turn around a corner and there's a guy right in front of you, and out of instinct you shoot your gun, you're dead. You're dead, because the other guy automatically hit the knife button, and somehow that knife killed you, faster then your gun killed him.

    In BF3, it takes 3 knifes from the front to kill an enemy, way more realistic. Then, they make it even better with the stealth knife kills, where you get an automatic knife kill, when knifing someone from behind. This game is also fully focused on teamwork. MW3 attempted this with the Kill Confirmed game mode, but nobody takes it seriously. Everyone in that game, just sits back and camps...not even going for any dog tags. In BF3, people are always spotting enemies for each other, and working like a real military group would.

    Plus, it seems like BF3 is 10x more realistic, all the way around. Everything seems so real, while COD's story is not only unrealistic, but the animations are cheap too. I have to admit though, I do like the MW3 storyline, but I'll get back to that in a minute. Anyways, the animations and the dialog seem so realistic to an actual war battle (although I've never been in a war battle, nor have I been in any military group, so I really can't say that for sure). The way your character uses his hands with the environment, and how you can actually see your entire body. COD can easily do this, but it seems like they're too eager to get the game out on time.

    In BF3 if your character jumps over a wall, you can see your arms and legs move over the way. That's not the case in MW3...and if your character on Battlefield goes under something, you can see his hand being place on the object, to guide him through. Why can't they do this in MW3? I've only seen that used one time in the campaign mission, and it was actually one of the times that I predicted it wouldn't happen. Plus, in BF3...you can see your characters hands, legs, and even his shadow! His shadow for crying out loud, talk about detail. What can you see in COD? Your hands...maybe some cheaply animated legs?

    I don't even have to mention how beautiful the graphics look, because everyone already knows how outstanding they are. Even Black Ops took a step up, with their gritty graphics sort of look. Why can't a game that comes out a year after that be better? They're under the same franchise, it's a year afterwards...why can't they have better graphics? No, instead they use the same damn engine from the old game. Now that I'm talking about it, I think I really don't like MW3, and that's a first for the Call of Duty series. I love the campaign, I'll tell you that, but the way they made the multiplayer seem so much like Call of Duty 4, I don't like it.

    Maybe that's because I barely played COD 4 online, I'm not sure...but I didn't like it. Everything seemed too grim...but in MW3, everything looked so much more colorful. Now in this game, it leans far too much on COD 4's style. The maps are hands down though, the biggest issue I have with the game. I hate the Multiplayer maps on Modern Warfare 3, they are extremely small, all of them. There may be two decently sized maps in the entire game...not to mention there are hardly any sniper friendly positions in any of the maps, and if there is, there's only about one good spot. I don't snipe often, but it's still a very huge aspect of the game.

    It almost seems like they made the first batch of maps, incredibly shitty to start out with, so more people would be eager to buy the DLCs. A matter of fact, I think that's exactly what it is. Which is why I'm excited for Battlefield, plus...BF3's DLC is actually coming out a week earlier to PS3 users, if I'm correct, I think it actually comes out tomorrow. I think they did this because the PS3 users got screwed out of something they were supposed to get with the game, so EA Games made it up to them by giving them the DLC a week early.

    To my knowledge, BF3 also doesn't have anything like COD Elite. I cannot stand Call of Duty Elite, it's just another way for the developers to make more money. Giving users that pay for your, shitty premium membership, extra in-game stuff? Come on, that's just ridiculous, and unfair. It makes the game seem like a social class, it makes it seem like an actual damn government, with the rich people on top and in control, and the poor not having as equal of rights. Talk about fucking ironic, that's why there's wars in the first place, and then we have something similar in a war game? Still...I like COD. As much as I hate the maps, I have enjoyed playing Multiplayer. That doesn't mean I'm not going to abandon it once I max my level, and I'm certainly not going to prestige any time soon, but I do respect the game. But there's just so many aspects of this game, that are unrealistic and cheap. I'm sick of just getting out of the way of enemy fire, only to die a second later because of bullet lag. I'm sick of running and gunning through a map smaller then a jail cell, regardless of how good I am at it.

    I think it's finally time to drop the childish, unrealistic crap that I experience in COD, and have an entirely new gaming experience playing Battlefield. Where the maps are extremely large, the graphics are amazing, and the animations look like like. I may be a little untuned at first, but I think I'll be able to get a hang of the gameplay quickly. One thing I will miss though, is the vast choices of game types. I do really love the stealth like style of Search and Destroy.

    Holy hell, how long have I been typing for? To answer my question, apparently a good 33 minutes.
    tl;dr

    Ego shooters... FUCK YEAH!!

    I'm kidding man, you have fun!

  8. #2108
    The Trinity Sully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,159
    That was worthy enough to be a damn blog.

  9. #2109
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    That was worthy enough to be a damn blog.
    i didnĀ“t read th whole damn thing so i agree

  10. #2110
    Anybody get Saints Row 3 yet? I'm about to fire it up in a bit, and I'm curious as to what level of insane fuckery to expect.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.