Page 100 of 426 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 4257
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    It did.. still can't wait for it though!! I'm ploughing through 1 at the moment and loving every bit of it!!
    Although I did just watch the new one. They redeemed themselves.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Well, I've only played it for like half an hour at a friend's house, so I can't comment extensively on the actual game, but I really like what I played. I feel it fills a void in the FPS genre that hasn't been touched in a LONG time, what with most popular modern-day shooters being samey as fuck, only BIGGER/better and with a slightly differing game mechanic.... And with Bungie, Treyarch etc having made that sub-section of the genre so Goddamn polished at this point in time, it's unsurprising that the average gamer in 2011 with his rose-tinted glasses would be disappointed with a game that is admittedly a bit rough around the edges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Did anyone expect the reviews to be good? Like at all? Most of those reviewers are trying to compare it to Call of Duty and Battlefield 3, which it never intended to try to mimic.
    Almost every review I've read so far has basically been a thinly veiled version of this, with a dose of aforementioned nostalgia goggles being taken off... Overreaction all around. Certainly haven't seen a review that paints a complete picture yet.

And then there's this hilarious review. It would make a nice piece of trying-too-hard prose, but it doesn't really say much at all. Hell, much the negative points are either good things, nitpicking, or shit that made the original great (which I doubt the reviewer played.)

Plus he looks like this

and he named the filename "jimmles". What a cunt.

And yes, by the way, I mad. Video game critics, especially internet ones, really grinds my gears. They generally don't have the imagination/style/personality of other critics, and instead place way too much importance on stock phrases, comparing to other games and rating things out of ten. Hell, it's probably the only medium for which aggregate sites like Metacritic is actually useful (even then, not very) because it's highly unlikely that you'll find something insightful in the actual text. Ahhh, sometimes, the whole community surrounding video games makes me think that Roger Ebert was ultimately right by declaring that video games are not art.

Starting to ramble needlessly so I'll just end it

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    I've been having fun playing FF8. Though I still feel noobish.....:\
    For some reason, I never completed FF8. I haven't played it since it first came out, but I think the junctioning system confused me or something.

I think I'll play it this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    For some reason, I never completed FF8. I haven't played it since it first came out, but I think the junctioning system confused me or something.

I think I'll play it this summer.
    The Junction system is ok. Just takes a little time to look at it and such but I still feel nooby playing it.

Has anyone here played Outland on Xbox LIVE yet? It just hit PSN today, and I'm considering picking it up.

Also, has anyone heard what's going on with the PSN release of Beyond Good and Evil HD? It was scheduled to hit the service during E3, but the week came and went and the game never showed its face. I'm sort of desperate to get my mitts on it, so I'd like to know what the status is.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Plus he looks like this

and he named the filename "jimmles". What a cunt.
    Fuck you, Jim Sterling rules.

Well, I've only played it for like half an hour at a friend's house, so I can't comment extensively on the actual game, but I really like what I played. I feel it fills a void in the FPS genre that hasn't been touched in a LONG time, what with most popular modern-day shooters being samey as fuck, only BIGGER/better and with a slightly differing game mechanic.... And with Bungie, Treyarch etc having made that sub-section of the genre so Goddamn polished at this point in time, it's unsurprising that the average gamer in 2011 with his rose-tinted glasses would be disappointed with a game that is admittedly a bit rough around the edges.
    I hate this argument. How do people feel like FPS games are all the same and just "PEW PEW PEW" when you've got a range of choices from Left 4 Dead, Borderlands, Halo, Half Life, Bioshock, Brink, etc, all vastly different games, and yet "everything feels the same." Yeah, when you play Modern Warfare, Bad Company, World At War, Modern Warfare 2, Bad Company 2, Medal Of Honor, and Black Ops in that order, no fucking shit it all feels the same. FUCK military shooters, I await their demise. But FPSes as a whole have such a wide variety that I don't see how people end up feeling this way.

Hell, throw in third person shooters and you open yourself up to Team Fortress 2, Monday Night Combat, Gears Of War and the like. If everything is feeling the same it's nobody's fault but your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    It did.. still can't wait for it though!! I'm ploughing through 1 at the moment and loving every bit of it!!
    You are playing through Mass Effect 1?

I wish I could play through it again for the first time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    You are playing through Mass Effect 1?

I wish I could play through it again for the first time.
    I certainly am!! I've watched my mate play through 1 and 2, and having put off doing it for a while, I've finally tapped out to the temptation and gone for it!! I'm nearing the end of 1, and I'll promptly move on to 2 after. Might even play through them again after, but taking different directions.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5