Page 370 of 439 FirstFirst ... 270 320 360368369370371372 380 420 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 4381
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardOfZeus View Post
    I liked how it started, then the used stuff spat in my face.

I really, really hope the PS4 doesn't make the same mistake or I might not get a new-gen console.
    I probably won't get a new-gen console to be honest, at least not immediately anyway.
    I just hope they keep making PS3 games.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I probably won't get a new-gen console to be honest, at least not immediately anyway.
    I just hope they keep making PS3 games.
    I'm pretty sure they'll support that and the 360 for at least another year and a half, always a period of transition.
    TBOZ - Current EWNCW Evolution Champion - 28/05/2013

Former EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion - 06/03/2012 - 04/07/2012

Former 4x WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION with GodMoney

Want to become that great? Then join EWNCW today! PM me!

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    It comes with the box. You're essentially buying both. You don't have to use it but it has to be plugged in. Which is pretty freaking silly.
    having kinect in it is just going to give them another reason to drive up the price. If this thing is less than $450 I will be surprised. I just haven't been into anything they have done with the Kinect so far and when rumors popped up of them using kinect to charge a per head fee for movies, I got worried. The whole used game thing is the biggest driving factor like TBOZ said.

But if both systems launch lineup looks weak at E3 I will not be getting anything new.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardOfZeus View Post
    I don't actually mind the kinect stuff and I expect a decent slate of games at E3 for it.

But I'm getting a PS4 now. To dictate my buying habits, tell me that I can't lend my friend something I own and pretty much force me to have it connected to the internet at least once a day (something that would have been a MAJOR issue 2 years ago) simply outrages me. I'm not like many who just hated it being an entertainment box, I hate the fact a corporation thinks it can essentially "allow" me to "borrow" it's content and not own it myself when purchased.
    You've said it better than I could. It's the principle of the thing and I'm not going to support a company that's going to hook its chains into things that I've bought like that. PS4 for me, unless they somehow royally fuck up... but so far it's sounding good.

I'm looking forward to this game.

Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

I'm loving the hell out of Donkey Kong Country Returns on the 3DS. I mean, it's the same game as on the Wii, but now I no longer have to shake the remote to do a barrel-roll (and that bit of forced-waggle was essentially the only thing keeping the Wii version from being a perfect platformer). I also love that nothing feels like it was lost in the translation from console to handheld.

The year of the 3DS continues.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I'm loving the hell out of Donkey Kong Country Returns on the 3DS. I mean, it's the same game as on the Wii, but now I no longer have to shake the remote to do a barrel-roll (and that bit of forced-waggle was essentially the only thing keeping the Wii version from being a perfect platformer). I also love that nothing feels like it was lost in the translation from console to handheld.

The year of the 3DS continues.
    I've had a 3DS pretty much since release, and I've never bought anything other than Mario Land and Mario Kart.
    What would Ape recommend?

I'm digging Magic 2013. It just had a Steam deal a couple of days ago where the base game and what seems like dozens of DLC all went for around $10 total. Thank fuck for video games when it comes to these kinds of games... not only is there no confusion on rules since the game enforces everything, but you don't have to go hunting for other people that play nor do you have to spend a small fortune to have a deck that's competitive. I don't know about that last bit for Magic but Yu-Gi-Oh was certainly like that when I played it in high school.

The thing that annoys me to no end about Magic is the lack of control you have when it comes to battle. It seems like things have to be horribly one-sided to be able to do anything in terms of attacking/defending. On the other hand, because of that you're more likely to draw each game out and you can potentially have very interesting games come though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    I've had a 3DS pretty much since release, and I've never bought anything other than Mario Land and Mario Kart.
    What would Ape recommend?
    Kid Icarus: Uprising and Luigi's Mansion 2 are musts.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

I've finally gotten around to playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night... and honestly I don't see the big deal over it. It's likely due to me playing other Metroidvania games before that one, which was what started it. Portrait of Ruin was my first Metroidvania game and I liked it... then it was Order of Ecclesia and I liked that one better because of the way the stages and the map screen were set up. I played just a touch of Dawn of Sorrow but really not much, and then finally Symphony of the Night this past weekend.

To be fair I don't get the appeal of the Metroidvania style. I was never a fan of Metroid so maybe that's it, but I prefer stages. Sure, they don't have to be super linear stages like the older games, but they can be somewhat expansive like Order of Ecclesia had it. There's too much backtracking and overall similarity when you have an entire castle to explore.