Page 362 of 444 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352360361362363364 372 412 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 4435
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Just downloaded the demo and wow!! blown away actually! Total love letter to 80's sci-fi action cheese. The VHS style tracking, the 8-bit opening, and the music... the glorious heavy synth music. Never even played a Far Cry game before but I know i'm gonna love this. That rebate can't come soon enough!
    Yeah, that synth score made me pop a little hard.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Been playing Tales of Graces on the PS3.

Almost beaten the game and I still have no clue how the combat system works.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Last friday, I was at the local Hastings searching for a game to rent. I was thinking about either getting Dead Space 3 or the new DMC. I looked around a little before making my final comfirmation when I found a game called XCOM Enemy Unknown. Now I knew little of this game other than the little bit I read in magazines. I knew it was about an alien invasion and that it was a strategy game. That's it but something told me I should pick it up. Maybe the want for something different. So I blew caution to the wind and looked past the comfort of a franchise that I have played and been somewhat satisfied with (Dead Space 3) for something that it was very possible I would hate (wasn't a big strategy fan) and damn am I happy I did. XCOM was so much fun. I enjoyed buying and building new weapons and armor, experimenting with them on my soldiers, and seeing the awesome results of that work. The story was rather straightfoward and familiar territory (think a prequel to Mass Effect in Strategy form) and interesting characters were nonexistent but everything else was fun enough to overlook that.

Now I'm worried. I'm about to return it and rent a new game and I'm worried nothing else will give me thrill in discovery as XCOM did.
    Efed stuff...yeah...

Coming to ???

Gabriel "The Alpha Dog" Xander

Luke "Currently In Contract Negotiations" Jameson...hmm...He has some weird nicknames.

Quote Originally Posted by zapphoman View Post
    Last friday, I was at the local Hastings searching for a game to rent. I was thinking about either getting Dead Space 3 or the new DMC. I looked around a little before making my final comfirmation when I found a game called XCOM Enemy Unknown. Now I knew little of this game other than the little bit I read in magazines. I knew it was about an alien invasion and that it was a strategy game. That's it but something told me I should pick it up. Maybe the want for something different. So I blew caution to the wind and looked past the comfort of a franchise that I have played and been somewhat satisfied with (Dead Space 3) for something that it was very possible I would hate (wasn't a big strategy fan) and damn am I happy I did. XCOM was so much fun. I enjoyed buying and building new weapons and armor, experimenting with them on my soldiers, and seeing the awesome results of that work. The story was rather straightfoward and familiar territory (think a prequel to Mass Effect in Strategy form) and interesting characters were nonexistent but everything else was fun enough to overlook that.

Now I'm worried. I'm about to return it and rent a new game and I'm worried nothing else will give me thrill in discovery as XCOM did.
    I'm playing XCOM at the moment, I can't come off it, it's the fucking bomb.
    TBOZ - Current EWNCW Evolution Champion - 28/05/2013

Former EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion - 06/03/2012 - 04/07/2012

Former 4x WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION with GodMoney

Want to become that great? Then join EWNCW today! PM me!

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

I've been trying to download Catherine from PSPlus but it keeps freezing at 92% of install.

Any other UK bods with PSPlus had this?

I'm here to share in the XCOM love. Even though I wasn't initially super interested in getting it, I came across it online at a price I just couldn't pass up. And I'm glad that I took the bait. It's one of 2012's biggest and best surprises.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I'm here to share in the XCOM love. Even though I wasn't initially super interested in getting it, I came across it online at a price I just couldn't pass up. And I'm glad that I took the bait. It's one of 2012's biggest and best surprises.
    Such a good game. I got pretty much everyone killed storming the alien base and was totally screwed, but I'm not at all bothered about starting again. Infact, I'm really excited to go again.
    TBOZ - Current EWNCW Evolution Champion - 28/05/2013

Former EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion - 06/03/2012 - 04/07/2012

Former 4x WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION with GodMoney

Want to become that great? Then join EWNCW today! PM me!

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

You guys got me interested enough to pick it up on Steam. I just played through an hour of it and I'm certainly enjoying it so far. It reminds me a lot of Frozen Synapse but not as obtuse. XCOM seems to be everything I've wanted in a turn-based 'shooter'... not too convoluted and overcomplicated. I wish there was a better way to see the overall field via minimap the way that you do in RTS games, but otherwise it's pretty spot on.

This is far too ridiculous for me.

Props to that running Stunner.
    I'd like that dubstep gun to have different musical styles. Metal gun would be awesome.

I enjoy watching these cutscene selections after I have beat the game. It is pretty cool how some games could make brilliant movies.

Warning: Massive spoilers if you have never played either of these.

Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs