Page 357 of 443 FirstFirst ... 257 307 347355356357358359 367 407 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 4424
    I got Hitman Absolution free for Christmas and I finally got around to installing it this evening. I played just the first level so far and I have to say(probably pre-emptively)... FINALLY someone at that dev studio understands how obnoxious it is to try and sneak up on people when your 'sneak' is slower than a baddie's walk speed. I could never understand how you pull off stealth missions with how broken and obtuse the movement mechanics were in the older games. In Absolution, 47 actually moves at a decent pace when he crouch-walks, there's a proper cover mechanic(finally), and you can 'jump' from cover to cover.

I also like the instinct mechanic a lot. It was a pain having to open the map screen just to see where people are in the older games but in this one it's completely seamless. The instinct 'pop four guys in the head instantly' thing is a little much though.

Instead of getting into Nier like I had planned, I finally broke the seal on X-Men Origins: Wolverine (which I've owned for forever, never knowing if it was even supposed to be any good). Turned out to be a rather pleasant surprise. It's not the grand revelation that Arkham Asylum is/was or anything, but it's a really focused and well-crafted action gem. Not afraid to dispense with the violence, either, which is as ballsy as it is appreciated.

And of course, it's exponentially better than the source material that loosely inspired it.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    I got Hitman Absolution free for Christmas and I finally got around to installing it this evening. I played just the first level so far and I have to say(probably pre-emptively)... FINALLY someone at that dev studio understands how obnoxious it is to try and sneak up on people when your 'sneak' is slower than a baddie's walk speed. I could never understand how you pull off stealth missions with how broken and obtuse the movement mechanics were in the older games. In Absolution, 47 actually moves at a decent pace when he crouch-walks, there's a proper cover mechanic(finally), and you can 'jump' from cover to cover.

I also like the instinct mechanic a lot. It was a pain having to open the map screen just to see where people are in the older games but in this one it's completely seamless. The instinct 'pop four guys in the head instantly' thing is a little much though.
    I absolutely loved Absolution. I agree with all your points, but I barely used the instinct "pop four guys in the head instantly" thing because it almost felt like cheating.

Really good fun, tempted to play the online over the summer to see how good it is. I might have to get better at the game first, mind.
    TBOZ - Current EWNCW Evolution Champion - 28/05/2013

Former EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion - 06/03/2012 - 04/07/2012

Former 4x WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION with GodMoney

Want to become that great? Then join EWNCW today! PM me!

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

Blog Entries
    Still waiting for Dragon Age: Inquisition
    if that game is half as awesome as I hope, then I will be satisfied.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Still waiting for Dragon Age: Inquisition
    if that game is half as awesome as I hope, then I will be satisfied.
    I've never actually played a Dragon Age game, how are they? I might be tempted to rent it some time soon.

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardOfZeus View Post
    I've never actually played a Dragon Age game, how are they? I might be tempted to rent it some time soon.
    Origins was fucking awesome, but not good to rent, since the real joy of it lies in playing each origin story through, which takes a while.

DA2 was fun, but ultimately, really really fucking repetitive, which if you game and smoke at the same time, you may not notice until act 2
    I own and play both frequently, the main thing I have noticed with Bioware games in general though, is that they generally listen to critisism and take it to heart (hence ME3) so I expect Inquisition will be better than Origins, or at worst, just as good

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Origins was fucking awesome, but not good to rent, since the real joy of it lies in playing each origin story through, which takes a while.

DA2 was fun, but ultimately, really really fucking repetitive, which if you game and smoke at the same time, you may not notice until act 2
    I own and play both frequently, the main thing I have noticed with Bioware games in general though, is that they generally listen to critisism and take it to heart (hence ME3) so I expect Inquisition will be better than Origins, or at worst, just as good
    I might jump in at Inquisition then, if it gets good enough feedback from fans.

Y'know, just the other day I thought about re-installing Dragon Age: Origins and going through it again... and now I want to do it even more. Is all the hate over Dragon Age 2 the same self-absorbed bullshit hate over Mass Effect 3 or does it have some merit?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    Y'know, just the other day I thought about re-installing Dragon Age: Origins and going through it again... and now I want to do it even more. Is all the hate over Dragon Age 2 the same self-absorbed bullshit hate over Mass Effect 3 or does it have some merit?
    I like dragon age 2, but I admit it suffered from 2 main flaws

They reused dungeon mapping so often that it was ridiculous, especially for a game in this console generation. (There is "Cave", "Deep roads" "Field" and "Manor" and that's it. the differences come with some routes being blocked off in some areas and not others. This is futher hampered by the fact that you actually visit the exact same areas several times (outside of the city are 3 main map destinations that you will see in all 3 acts)

That being said, the story was fun the voice acting was spot-on, the combat system worked well, and the game was fun to play.

The trailer is kind of terrible, but I've been having fair bit of fun with this:

Several shades of Golden Axe with lite RPGing and solid beat 'em up action.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5