Page 354 of 438 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344352353354355356 364 404 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 4377
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    It's actually really, really good. And I say this as someone who's not really into cartoons anymore and went into the show sort of wanting to hate it. It didn't take long for it to become readily apparent that the whole endeavor was a labor of love by people who genuinely love the property.

I watched the first few episodes with my kid brother over the weekend, and I gotta agree with you. It is bloody good! True to the original but it also has it's own distinct style. Anime infulences, and even a few nods to it's comic book roots. I'm not keen on what they've done to Michelangelo though, they've turned him into a bumbling idiot Mikey was always my favourite. Like you say it's really really good so i'll let them off

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    I watched the first few episodes with my kid brother over the weekend, and I gotta agree with you. It is bloody good! True to the original but it also has it's own distinct style. Anime infulences, and even a few nods to it's comic book roots. I'm not keen on what they've done to Michelangelo though, they've turned him into a bumbling idiot Mikey was always my favourite. Like you say it's really really good so i'll let them off
    Awesome, I'm glad you actually checked it out. I've been trying to turn some friends on to it, but nobody really seems interested in giving it a chance. My one buddy even said something to the effect of, "There's no way it's any better than the original cartoon!" Having recently revisited a couple of episodes of the old series, I can say with a certain degree of certainty that the new Nickelodeon show blows the old Turtles joint completely out of the water. Like, it's not even close, qualitatively speaking.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Awesome, I'm glad you actually checked it out. I've been trying to turn some friends on to it, but nobody really seems interested in giving it a chance. My one buddy even said something to the effect of, "There's no way it's any better than the original cartoon!" Having recently revisited a couple of episodes of the old series, I can say with a certain degree of certainty that the new Nickelodeon show blows the old Turtles joint completely out of the water. Like, it's not even close, qualitatively speaking.
    Nope. Love the new series. The only problem I have with it is Donny's gap in his teeth but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

While there is truth in this you have to remember that the original run was way back in the late 80's early 90's (wiki's...) 87-96 to be exact, Jesus! it was well over 20 years ago! We were a lot younger, dumber and therefore easier to please. I will always have a nostalgia boner for the original series, and yeah it's not aged that well, but If the original never had the insane amount of popularity it had (remember the action figure madness? ) this reboot would probably not even exist

Speaking of nostalgia, and bringing this thread back to topic how about this...

Oh man! First Duck Tales and now this? Loving it I hope this trend of resurrecting 1990's Disney platformers long continues. Chip and Dale next please!

Oh. Snap.

True sequel to A Link to the Past coming for the 3DS.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

And a new Yoshi's Island!

*unzips*

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Meh. It just looks like Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 but in 3D. From what I can gather from the preview, the only innovation they seemed to have added was the ability to throw giant eggs. Yay? *shrugs*

Yeah gotta agree Jelly. As much as I love Mario games, i've always been indifferent towards Yoshi's island. The original SNES and the newer DS versions both were meh, to me anyway, i'm sure others loved them.

Link to the Past II on the other hand I can totally get behind. The first one will always be my favourite Zelda game

I think I'm just slowly losing interest in gaming or something. Nothing Nintendo does is exciting for me anymore.