Page 320 of 425 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 4245
    Black 2 or White 2?? I know last time I made the mistake of buying Pokemon Black instead of White. It had White Forest and more Triple Battles!!

Black Ninja!
    My NHL 13 Ultimate Team name? The Paul Heyman Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Your anus, K2. Ring is a euphemism for anus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thejman93 View Post
    My NHL 13 Ultimate Team name? The Paul Heyman Guys.
    im never able to think up names usually
    although my FIFA ultimate team is named Evolution after the stable

CGBigMan - The Football Manager

Gillz:
    Superstar of the Year (2011)
    World Heavyweight Champion Aug 29th (11) - Oct 30th (11)
    EWNCW Champion Nov 28th (11) - Apr 16th (12)
    BWA Undisputed World Tag Champions Feb 19th (12) - March 18th (12) (With Ryan Wells)

Jack Phenix:
    EWA FURY TV Champion Nov 20th (11) - Jul 27th (12)

Black Ninja!
    Started Sleeping Dogs on the PS3 last night. Cool game.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Your anus, K2. Ring is a euphemism for anus.

Any Doom 3 fans here? I never got a chance to play it when it first came out, so I'm giving the BFG Edition a go tomorrow. Sort of hoping for it to deliver some of the scares that I didn't get with Resident Evil 6.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Doom 3's okay. I think the biggest thing working against it was the fact that it was nothing like the first two. Doom 3 is of decent length but by the halfway mark you should start to get tired of it as it's pretty much the same thing from start to finish without change... I mean even down to the same-ish environment for 90% of the game.

I hope they still have the option to play as originally intended, where you can't have a flashlight and a gun out at the same time. Some people hated this but it really wasn't a big deal... everything's a frigging corridor so even if you can't see what you're shooting at, it's kind of hard to miss. Plus, I found that most of the time there was sufficient light to deal with things... maybe not a lot of it but I thought people massively over-exaggerated being unable to see what they're shooting at.

Scares... unless you have the volume up a decent amount and you're maybe playing it in the dark, I don't think it's scary enough. As you play the game you'll subconsciously learn the general routine of monster spawning and scares to the point where the game is no longer scary, but highly systematic. If you want a scary game, play Amnesia... there's a hell of a lot less action(you don't get weapons, at all), but the atmosphere and tension for me was just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    Doom 3's okay. I think the biggest thing working against it was the fact that it was nothing like the first two. Doom 3 is of decent length but by the halfway mark you should start to get tired of it as it's pretty much the same thing from start to finish without change... I mean even down to the same-ish environment for 90% of the game.

I hope they still have the option to play as originally intended, where you can't have a flashlight and a gun out at the same time. Some people hated this but it really wasn't a big deal... everything's a frigging corridor so even if you can't see what you're shooting at, it's kind of hard to miss. Plus, I found that most of the time there was sufficient light to deal with things... maybe not a lot of it but I thought people massively over-exaggerated being unable to see what they're shooting at.

Scares... unless you have the volume up a decent amount and you're maybe playing it in the dark, I don't think it's scary enough. As you play the game you'll subconsciously learn the general routine of monster spawning and scares to the point where the game is no longer scary, but highly systematic. If you want a scary game, play Amnesia... there's a hell of a lot less action(you don't get weapons, at all), but the atmosphere and tension for me was just ridiculous.
    I've only put two hours into it, but you seem to be pretty spot-on in most regards. I'll add to it that the shooting just doesn't feel particularly impactful or tight (which is something that I think id Software were really able to remedy with Rage, despite that game's other short-comings).

I'm limiting my play-time to late nights to add to the creep factor, but, yeah, nothing has really been particularly frightening. Just the occasional, semi-effective jump scare here and there. That said, I still think it has RE6 trumped in the horror department, so it's not a total bust, I guess.

I think the thing with the shooting is that the monster physics are too floaty and the gun sound effects are shockingly weak(the shotgun in particular). One of the things I did like was how the imp fireballs light otherwise dark or black rooms up. At the time it was cool looking as dynamic lighting was a relatively new thing.

Yeah, I noticed the thing with the impotent sound effects, too. You sort of don't realize how much heft they add to the overall gun-play experience until they're gone.

Blog Entries
    Owwww!! what happened to "Name your game and START A DAMN DISCUSSION!!!!!"?!?!

Anyway, I'm looking for a new FPS for my PS3. I love the story that is Modern Warfare thus far, and I'm curious as to how it ends. In other words, I'm considering buying Modern Warfare 3.
    Anyone have it? Is it any good? Worth the invest?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!