Threaded View

Blog Entries

Who do you support?

Hoping this gets stickied since then newbies can add to this thread when they find it.
    But basically.
    • Who do you support and in what sport?
    • How long have you been supporting them? (If you can remember)
    • What was the best moment with your team since you've been supporting them?
    • What was the worst moment with your team since you've been supporting them?

I'll go first since i'm a sportsjunkie and follow a stupid amount of sports.

Here are mine (Part 1):

Football:
    Premier League

Manchester City FC
    Have been for a long while (before the money and we struggled to stay in this league)
    Joint 10th most successful english cup with 5 FA Cups, 4 Leagues Cups, 2 english division titles, 1 pointless Euro minor cup and a truck load of funny stats and stories.
    Best moment:Being the only team in Jose Mourinhos first season as Chelsea manager to beat his Chelsea, 1-6 at Old Trafford or the FA Cup comeback against Spurs!
    Worst moment: Middlesborough 8 - 1 Man City a few years back.

MLS:

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Started supporting them the day they were allowed to be in MLS so since the start of there professional career a few months back. Never won anything but I think it'll be fun to support another club from overseas.
    Best moment: Hassilis equaliser against the Sounders
    Worst moment: Winning the Wooden Spoon. But every team has to start somewhere, even if its rock bottom.

NHL (Ice Hockey):

Vancouver Canucks
    A 'nuck since 2005. We have a lot of highs and lows and will continue too.
    Best moment: Bieksa scoring the goal to beat San Jose to take us into the Stanley Cup finals and the whole season beforehand.
    Worst moment: Louongo leaking a stupid amount of goals in the finals to give the Boston Bullshits the win.

MLB (Baseball):

Milwaukee Brewers
    A bit of a weird story but I used to be a Detroit Tigers fan and even saw them play, but then me and my fiancée (who was a hardcore Tigers fan) so I stopped watching this. I've only just gotten back into it and I decided to pick the Brewers since I like Wisconsin and the fans of them are pretty cool. Can't really like any Detroit teams now, just kinda left a sour taste for them really.
    Best moment: Beating the DiamonBacks 3-2 in the series (mainly the final nail biting game)
    Worst moment: Losing to the Cubs 5-1 near the end of the season.