Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Who do you support?

Hoping this gets stickied since then newbies can add to this thread when they find it.
    But basically.
    • Who do you support and in what sport?
    • How long have you been supporting them? (If you can remember)
    • What was the best moment with your team since you've been supporting them?
    • What was the worst moment with your team since you've been supporting them?

I'll go first since i'm a sportsjunkie and follow a stupid amount of sports.

Here are mine (Part 1):

Football:
    Premier League

Manchester City FC
    Have been for a long while (before the money and we struggled to stay in this league)
    Joint 10th most successful english cup with 5 FA Cups, 4 Leagues Cups, 2 english division titles, 1 pointless Euro minor cup and a truck load of funny stats and stories.
    Best moment:Being the only team in Jose Mourinhos first season as Chelsea manager to beat his Chelsea, 1-6 at Old Trafford or the FA Cup comeback against Spurs!
    Worst moment: Middlesborough 8 - 1 Man City a few years back.

MLS:

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Started supporting them the day they were allowed to be in MLS so since the start of there professional career a few months back. Never won anything but I think it'll be fun to support another club from overseas.
    Best moment: Hassilis equaliser against the Sounders
    Worst moment: Winning the Wooden Spoon. But every team has to start somewhere, even if its rock bottom.

NHL (Ice Hockey):

Vancouver Canucks
    A 'nuck since 2005. We have a lot of highs and lows and will continue too.
    Best moment: Bieksa scoring the goal to beat San Jose to take us into the Stanley Cup finals and the whole season beforehand.
    Worst moment: Louongo leaking a stupid amount of goals in the finals to give the Boston Bullshits the win.

MLB (Baseball):

Milwaukee Brewers
    A bit of a weird story but I used to be a Detroit Tigers fan and even saw them play, but then me and my fiancée (who was a hardcore Tigers fan) so I stopped watching this. I've only just gotten back into it and I decided to pick the Brewers since I like Wisconsin and the fans of them are pretty cool. Can't really like any Detroit teams now, just kinda left a sour taste for them really.
    Best moment: Beating the DiamonBacks 3-2 in the series (mainly the final nail biting game)
    Worst moment: Losing to the Cubs 5-1 near the end of the season.

Blog Entries
    Football (Soccer) is the only sport I actually support specific teams. I support:

Manchester United
    Barcelona
    Juventus
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    ooh, this is a good one

in the NFL I've supported the Pittsburgh Steelers since 2005

Best Moment since supporting them

when this play happened, I marked out more than I would if Shawn Michaels returned full time, biggest play in Super Bowl history

Worst Moment:

when this happened I literally died inside, after this happened I went into my room, and just sat in the dark with no lights on no TV, and just sat there

been a supporter for chivas since 2005 the year before we were champs

best memory when bofo bautista scored the winning goal to be crowned champs

and you gotta love the passion

worst moment being when we lost our 9-0 undefeated streak to a lower table team batttling to not relegate

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    ooh, this is a good one

in the NFL I've supported the Pittsburgh Steelers since 2005

Best Moment since supporting them

when this play happened, I marked out more than I would if Shawn Michaels returned full time, biggest play in Super Bowl history

Worst Moment:

when this happened I literally died inside, after this happened I went into my room, and just sat in the dark with no lights on no TV, and just sat there
    Ah thank you
    and also cheers for posting videos too. Didn't think of that haha
    Been a Steeler for a while now then too

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    Ah thank you
    and also cheers for posting videos too. Didn't think of that haha
    Been a Steeler for a while now then too
    part of me wishes I was alive back in the 70's in the Steelers golden age, but this is a pretty good age as well, but I would have loved to see Lynn Swan, Joe Greene or Jack Lambert play live, but instead, all I get is black and white footage and stories about them

I'm a football fan who was born in Middlesbrough, England!

Too many... mostly bittersweet memories, with both teams to go into details here!!

Been a Liverpool fan all my life (18) my mum is a Liverpool which is probably why.

Best moment: Champions League 2005
    Worst Moment: Finishing 7th in a terrible season and watching so many stars go

Don't like any other sport, support England but all English people do.

You'll never walk alone

Football: I'm a United fan, have been since 1997 when I was 5, and I will to the day I die.

Greatest moment? Either beating Chelsea on penalties, winning the treble, but one that sticks out as well is Kiko's winner against Villa, I literally went mental.

Worst? Maybe the 6-1, maybe the failure to beat Barca in a final

I also enjoy Leverkusen, but I don't catch enough games really to pinpoint great moments.

NFL: San Diego

Have been for a while, but never really followed it until this season, which has been a disappointment, but you never give up on your team!
    TBOZ - Current EWNCW Evolution Champion - 28/05/2013

Former EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion - 06/03/2012 - 04/07/2012

Former 4x WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION with GodMoney

Want to become that great? Then join EWNCW today! PM me!

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

•Who do you support and in what sport?
    NFL- Saints
    •How long have you been supporting them? (If you can remember)
    For a long time
    •What was the best moment with your team since you've been supporting them?
    When the Saints won the SuperBowl.....hm the Saints first game back in New Orleans after Hurrican Katrina- we needed that down here
    •What was the worst moment with your team since you've been supporting them?
    Too many to choose, but it was mainly all the years before Sean Peaton became coach

College Football- LSU Tigers
    •How long have you been supporting them? (If you can remember)-
    a long time
    Too many to count...this has been one of their best years
    IDK, can not think of anything

College Football- Southeastern Louisiana University(SLU)
    •How long have you been supporting them? (If you can remember)-
    since football came back to SLU
    Them taking the feild for the first time again after decades without a football team
    idk, just glad we had gotten a football team to use our big football staduim