View Poll Results: Should Taker's WM streak end?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 33.90%
  • No

39 66.10%
Page 47 of 95 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 57 ... LastLast

I have a problem with Rock vs Taker at Mania. I don't see Rock's ego allowing him to lose on the grandest stage. Especially as it's not even a torch passing match. And the streak is to important to the fabric of Mania to ever be broken. So the match is flawed before it even starts. Short of Cena running in a screwing Rock, I can't see an acceptable result. And even that would suck balls.

I could see it happening. Last year The Rock went on about how he was the only man to defeat Austin/Hogan at WM, well now that he beat Cena maybe he would cut a promo saying there is only 1 man left to beat.

The real problem is I dont see the rock putting on an undertaker style match. Taker in his late 40's is better in the ring then 90% of all wrestlers. If Rock wins the WWE title and works a full scheduel until WM I wouldn't have a problem with it. Taker could win the belt (they could bill it as a belt vs streak match) as one last hurrah with the title. Drop it at Extreme rules to a newer guy such as Wade Berrett and not have to wrestle again until summerslam, that way he could try and have his revenge on Berrett in a non title match.

Then at WM 30 he will probably face john cena in his last match and it will suck.

Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    I have a problem with Rock vs Taker at Mania. I don't see Rock's ego allowing him to lose on the grandest stage. Especially as it's not even a torch passing match. And the streak is to important to the fabric of Mania to ever be broken. So the match is flawed before it even starts. Short of Cena running in a screwing Rock, I can't see an acceptable result. And even that would suck balls.
    I honestly cant believe you think Rock has an ego issue in the ring. The guy who had no problem losing to Goldberg and Lesnar and Goldberg being basically in first month of his contract so if at any point his "ego" would have gotten in the way it would have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Adreme View Post
    I honestly cant believe you think Rock has an ego issue in the ring. The guy who had no problem losing to Goldberg and Lesnar and Goldberg being basically in first month of his contract so if at any point his "ego" would have gotten in the way it would have been there.
    You mean back before he become the huge mega super star he is now?????? Now I can't see him losing to anyone short of maybe Cena and that will be a torch passer.

Blog Entries
    I don't want to see this match, since I think there's better options out there. I'd rather see Undertaker vs Lesnar for this year's Mania, and then Cena vs Taker for the big 30th anniversary Mania next year.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I don't want

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    I don't want
    to finish this sentence?

I'd rather see the honor of challenging the streak to an up and comer. They haven't done that in at least 4 years. Dolph ziggler vs taker? BOOK IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I don't want to see this match, since I think there's better options out there. I'd rather see Undertaker vs Lesnar for this year's Mania, and then Cena vs Taker for the big 30th anniversary Mania next year.
    I agree with this. No one believe's The Rock would beat Taker, so there is no suspense in that. I personally don't think Brock will either, but Cena ? If there is anyone left in the buisness who has a chance of defeating him, it's John Cena.