View Poll Results: Should Taker's WM streak end?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 33.90%
  • No

39 66.10%
Page 17 of 95 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 67 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    they could do some kind of story line like they did with the McMahon v. Trump storyline. Have Vince talk smack about UFC and then pops up Dana White on the TitanTron and bashes WWE and says "how bout it WWE v. UFC your top guy v. My top guy" and WWE has a tournament with Taker winning it and UFC says they don't need a tournament they'll send in a guy who wants revenge on WWE and BOOM Lesner's music hits setting up Taker v. Lesner at WM

I personally don't see this working at all. I HIGHLY doubt Dana White's gonna let one of his top 5 Heavy Weights make a return to the WWE and lose. A good amount of UFC fan's hate the WWE and think its a joke.. How will they feel if their former heavy weight champion returned for one night and lost.. Brock nor Undertaker will want to lose, and its obvious Taker would win.

Brock shouldn't return to WWE till he's finished with the UFC, in less he want's to be a complete joke in the UFC.

I don't want see Brock back in the square circle, he has a new life. We can't live in the past.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyJose2391 View Post
    they could do some kind of story line like they did with the McMahon v. Trump storyline. Have Vince talk smack about UFC and then pops up Dana White on the TitanTron and bashes WWE and says "how bout it WWE v. UFC your top guy v. My top guy" and WWE has a tournament with Taker winning it and UFC says they don't need a tournament they'll send in a guy who wants revenge on WWE and BOOM Lesner's music hits setting up Taker v. Lesner at WM
    That sounds nice on paper but again there are a lot of politics involved in this one. I don't understand the politics as WWE used to mention MMA with guys like Shamrock and Severn. Let's face fact, 1 is real and the other entertainment. Now, if this was a proposed TNA guy then of course that would be impractical.

I REALLY hope not. This will likely be Takers last Mania and while I can see Vince's reasoning for maybe having Taker go over a guy with UFC tough guy credentials I would hate to see his last match be against a one off opponent. Plus the fact that Taker deserves a great final match and Lesnar has been away from wrestling too long to give a good match. Taker deserves better (I still think he'll face Cena).

Having said that I'd love to see Lesnar put over someone like Miz. Miz could really be hot in a war of words with Lesnar and he would get a huge boost in a win over him. But I doubt Lesnar would agree to lose to anyone but the top guys.

I don't think it will happen for the simple reason, Vince does not want to draw any attention/comparisons to the UFC, that would potentially hurt his PG image if they brought a guy who is in a very violent sport into Wrestlemania, plus HHH, Cena both don't like MMA because of the violent nature so they too would be against it I would have thought.

As well Taker wouldn't job to Brock, especially at WM, and why would Brock agree to it if he were to loose. He is making enough money in MMA and off sponsors, so I doubt he would need the payoff anyway.

I purely think it was just bad blood between the two during the interview not an angle or agreeing to a match.

I really don't think that it will happen, since we all know that Taker will not lose his Streak and Lesnar, being a Top guy on the UFC world will not agree to come back for a night and lose. Money will not make the difference since Lesnar is making a very good amount of it where he is at. Sheamus or Cena (as a Heel) are the best options for WM 27...

Quote Originally Posted by cato79 View Post
    I really don't think that it will happen, since we all know that Taker will not lose his Streak and Lesnar, being a Top guy on the UFC world will not agree to come back for a night and lose. Money will not make the difference since Lesnar is making a very good amount of it where he is at. Sheamus or Cena (as a Heel) are the best options for WM 27...
    I completely agree. Lesnar is enjoying his success in UFC, so let him stay there. I would rather see Sheamus or Cena take on Taker. Who else could defeat Taker's streak then the guy who (storyline) took out Triple H or Super Cena!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vbirwin View Post
    Having said that I'd love to see Lesnar put over someone like Miz. Miz could really be hot in a war of words with Lesnar and he would get a huge boost in a win over him. But I doubt Lesnar would agree to lose to anyone but the top guys.
    Well UFC fans would hate it more if he lost to a former "reality" star as opposed to the Undertaker. In no way should the Miz go over Lesnar. Lesnar would simply destroy Miz, and it would be a terrible idea to even put them in the same ring.

WWF/WWE has done cross promotions like this in the past to great success. And this time it would be with someone who can put on a match, even though he would be hella rusty. It's also doing a great job creating positive buzz for the wrestling business, something that has been hard to do after that dark shadow Chris Benoit cast over the industry, especially in the eyes of non wrestling fans.

It could happen, and sending The Undertaker to the fight to create buzz was a stroke of genius, it kind of made it feel like a WWE invasion. Will it happen? I don't think so, Dana White has stated in the past that he respects Vince McMahon but in every interview has where a crossover has been discussed, makes it clear that the UFC and WWE are two completely different monsters.

I love UFC and WWE but for different reasons and Brock being Undertakers Wrestlemania opponent while exciting in theory would seam too gimmicky to me as I'm sure it would to a lot of other fans. To me it makes more sense to have him face a WWE performer to do a really good job of sending him off and putting over an up and coming talent. And out of all the rumors, I'd like to see the Sheamus match, they've put a lot into this pale HHH clone, so they might a well go the distance, otherwise making him a two time champ seems a little insulting to us fans.

As for Brock, I can't wait to see his comeback fight. He strikes me as a fighter who learns from his mistakes and improves on them. I think when he fights again he'll be a more controlled and disciplined bat out of hell and really cement his place as an MMA great. And honestly a WWE one shot would cheapen all that he's worked hard to create in the UFC.

Undertaker Going Under The Knife But Leaves Big Questions Unanswered.

The Undertaker is going to be going under the knife this weekend & word has it that no one knows if he will be able to return in time for this year's Wrestlemania. So, what happens if the Dead Man can't make it this year? Will he be able to last another year to do another Wrestlemania if he misses this one?

One thing is certain, Taker's days as a wrestler seem to be hanging by a few threads.