View Poll Results: Should Taker's WM streak end?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 33.90%
  • No

39 66.10%
Page 85 of 95 FirstFirst ... 35 758384858687 ... LastLast
    The Undertaker should return at Mania against Sting in a "Streak vs Career" no-countout, no-disqualification match.
    Sting, of course, loses via 3 Tombstone piledrivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rude Awakening View Post
    The Undertaker should return at Mania against Sting in a "Streak vs Career" no-countout, no-disqualification match.
    Sting, of course, loses via 3 Tombstone piledrivers.
    I don't know if Sting would want to go out with his last match being a loss against The Undertaker. He comes across to me as the kind of guy that would put over a younger talent on his way out the door. Take out the career part of the match and you have yourself a winner there.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

How Taker Goes Out

OK its wrestlmania 31 Taker just beat Cena. This is known to be his last Mania. He is on a knee bowing to the WWE Universe. When .... enter The Ascension led by Conner O'Brian. I think this is a perfect way for taker to pass the torch and a great way to bring The Ascension (mostly O'Brian) to the main roster. Your thoughts?

I've always thought Ascension should come up as Taker followers... much like the Acolytes.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
    OK its wrestlmania 31 Taker just beat Cena. This is known to be his last Mania. He is on a knee bowing to the WWE Universe. When .... enter The Ascension led by Conner O'Brian. I think this is a perfect way for taker to pass the torch and a great way to bring The Ascension (mostly O'Brian) to the main roster. Your thoughts?
    1. I think you meant Mania 30.
    2. While it would certainly be huge and awesome exposure for Ascension to be involved with Taker in any way, shape, or form at Mania... I don't think it will happen. Assuming this is Taker's last match, there is a ZERO % chance our last closing image of Taker at Wrestlemania will be anything but him standing gloriously and getting a standing ovation.
    3. It might be cool if during his retirement speech, there music hits and they bow to him. Just not at Mania. Maybe Raw a few weeks later. I'd buy that.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl View Post
    I've always thought Ascension should come up as Taker followers... much like the Acolytes.
    Feel free to add this option to my comment above. This is my new favorite option. If they are to be linked with Taker, have them come in during the Mania build up. They can 'give him extra stength' or some bogus yet totally awesome evil thing evil people can do.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

No one should be involved in Taker's matches at Wrestlemania.
    Respect the beard !

The Ascension isn't worth it. Just because they are trying to ape the Undertaker's gimmick, doesn't mean they deserve to be on the same stage.

Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    1. I think you meant Mania 30.
    2. While it would certainly be huge and awesome exposure for Ascension to be involved with Taker in any way, shape, or form at Mania... I don't think it will happen. Assuming this is Taker's last match, there is a ZERO % chance our last closing image of Taker at Wrestlemania will be anything but him standing gloriously and getting a standing ovation.
    3. It might be cool if during his retirement speech, there music hits and they bow to him. Just not at Mania. Maybe Raw a few weeks later. I'd buy that.
    1. Why not 'Mania 31?
    2. I agree.
    3. There would be no better way to spoil everything that The Undertaker is than to have a retirement speech on Raw. 'Taker should explain the match will be his last before 'Mania, win and then never bee seen again. Let HHH, HBK and Kane give him the send off but don't bring him out a la Flair or HBK. Then, a few months after Wrestlemania release a final Undertaker DVD and have interviews and out of character stuff on that.

As for The Ascension, I think they'd be better standing on their own feet rather than in the shadow of The Undertaker.

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    1. Why not 'Mania 31?.
    No factual reason. But, I think its generally a common theory that Mania XXX will be Taker's last match and it'll be versus Cena. Retiring at Mania 31 doesn't have the best ring to it and 30 is such a milestone Mania. Then again, I thought he'd be done after HHH II w/ the clean 20-0.