View Poll Results: Should Taker's WM streak end?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 33.90%
  • No

39 66.10%
Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast
    I think Ted Dibiase or Cody Rhodes should do it. And even if they were to fail. A match with Taker at WM would do them good. Same with Drew McIntrye.

It should be Kane.
    Think about it, they've had two Wrestlemania matches already in which 'Taker has triumphed both times. I think it would be perfect if Kane were to finish the trilogy and put his brother away once and for all. Whilst idea of a young talent ending it is a good idea in theory, the fact of the matter is that the guy would have to be majorly over to end it without a fan backlash.

Blog Entries
    I think it shouldn't be a veteran, it does nothing for them. I knew that Shawn would never break it because it ruins a great legacy and doesn't add much to Shawn's legacy. If it will be broken, it should be by an up and comer much like Orton was. Whoever does it should be one of the best in ring performers. A match rivaling the greatness of Taker/Shawn. Bryan Danielson?

Anyway, either it be broken by someone who deserves the push or, let it reach 20-0 then the deadman hangs up his boots.

Blog Entries
    My gut feeling is that Taker will reach 20 and call it a day. But, after seeing him at Summerslam, I'm not sure if he'll make it to 20!! It would mean he had 3 more Mania's to go so 3 years, and I'm not sure if his body will hold up for another 3 years!! Taker has lost a lot in the last 2 years, he's not in WWE regularly anymore and each time he comes back, he's more immobile than before. Not sure what will happen with him, we'll see.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I thought he was 18-0? I don't think it'll end, but if it does, Kane or HBK! No way it'll end to a newbie! He'll put newbie's over but not at 'mania. Undertaker has the 'mania streak, while others like Cena, HHH, Edge, Orton etc get many more title reigns!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Well....yes and no.....Goldberg was impressive when he was undefeated. That night on Starrcade where he lost was a let down. I hope WWE don't screw Taker like that.
    All Goldberg had was the winning streak. There was nothing more to him than being an undefeated beast. Whereas Taker is so much more than the guy who's never lost at Wrestlemania. If you look at Undertaker and the only thing that comes to mind is the streak, then you're missing so much more. Yes the Wrestlemania streak is cool, but there is just soooo much more to the man.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    I agree, let it never end. Andre the Giant gave up 14 years of never being pinned and to his credit, once it happened, it happened often (i.e. Ultimate Warrior). If it has to happen, say Kane or Cena. It;s got to have a major reaction one way or the other
    Ariba!

The Streak never gets beaten it stops when Undertakes body can't perform no more its one of those things I wish would never be broken

Bryan Danielson would be a great choice, but it would never happen.
    I hope Undertaker goes out undefeated- but something tells me they will have Cena end it(just to make us all mad, lol)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    My gut feeling is that Taker will reach 20 and call it a day. But, after seeing him at Summerslam, I'm not sure if he'll make it to 20!! It would mean he had 3 more Mania's to go so 3 years, and I'm not sure if his body will hold up for another 3 years!! Taker has lost a lot in the last 2 years, he's not in WWE regularly anymore and each time he comes back, he's more immobile than before. Not sure what will happen with him, we'll see.
    Yeah I heard he looked rough but haven't seen any footage yet. Michelle McCool must be taking it out of him. That's what happens when you try keepin' up with the young fillies, lol