Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My suggestions

Blog Entries

My suggestions

As many of us said before time in and time out. A like button, and possibly a dislike button.

Maybe a shop kind of thing with credits, the more you post the more credits you get, possibly give options to change your username, give custom title, lottery system, also can gain credits in prediction contests.

Awards System. Awards like Post of the Day, Post of the Week, Most Valuable Poster of the Month. Mod of the Month, E-fed of the Month, Show of the Month. E-fed of the Year, Show of the year. Could even give an option to efeds. Like EWNCW, and JBW did. Could do the same for Be The Booker.

Social Networking- Having the ability to tweet a post, or facebook a post.

Chat- instant messaging

The ability to merge your account with your facebook

Profiles like facebook

I know I brought this up. Maybe Wrestling Like Ranks
    Jobber (fresh member)
    Up and comer (Normal Member)
    Prodigy (Senior Member)
    Star (Super Member)
    Main Eventer (God)
    Legend (The Trinity)
    Hall of Famer (Black Ninja)

If you disagree with something or would like to add something feel free. I appreciate your feedback.

Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Blog Entries
    looks alot like WC lol and if the mods do agree, Frank has the final say
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!

I like a lot of this stuff, but I have no idea if it's even possible. I mean Frank can't just download any little modification he wants onto the forum.

I don't exactly like the shop idea, it seems like it'd be a little difficult to maintain. The way the profiles are set up, are specifically built around the way vBulletin has it set up, I think. It may revolve around the theme, or you could change it with a mod, but still...all of these things need to be fixed with a mod (except the user ranks, those are a good and easy idea).

The chat? First of all, we have a chat box. If you want instant messaging, get your buddies to download MSN or something. That'd be pointless to have on the forums.

I don't mind the social networking ideas, but I don't see them that useful either. I doubt many people would be tweeting posts, unless it's really important. And if they had to, they could just link the post. I mean Facebook, you can pretty much do that in your status by posting the URL anyways.

A lot of sites are having that "log in with Facebook" feature, but if you notice, it's a lot of big sites. EA Games, Call of Duty, that sorta thing. Not a lot of smaller sites have it. Although, we can comment on Ryan Clark's reports via Facebook accounts, so I wouldn't see why I can't be done. Still, it's not really that much of an issue to me. What would happen anyways? Would are accounts change to our names? Would we have new accounts? Either way, it'd be way too confusing.

Some of these can work, some of them can't. When you suggest things, you also have to think if it can actually be done. A shop? A shop would take way too much time and effort to make, for any site, hell...it'd take months for Facebook to add a feature like that. So I highly doubt Frank would be able to do it alone...on a forum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I like a lot of this stuff, but I have no idea if it's even possible. I mean Frank can't just download any little modification he wants onto the forum.

I don't exactly like the shop idea, it seems like it'd be a little difficult to maintain. The way the profiles are set up, are specifically built around the way vBulletin has it set up, I think. It may revolve around the theme, or you could change it with a mod, but still...all of these things need to be fixed with a mod (except the user ranks, those are a good and easy idea).

The chat? First of all, we have a chat box. If you want instant messaging, get your buddies to download MSN or something. That'd be pointless to have on the forums.

I don't mind the social networking ideas, but I don't see them that useful either. I doubt many people would be tweeting posts, unless it's really important. And if they had to, they could just link the post. I mean Facebook, you can pretty much do that in your status by posting the URL anyways.

A lot of sites are having that "log in with Facebook" feature, but if you notice, it's a lot of big sites. EA Games, Call of Duty, that sorta thing. Not a lot of smaller sites have it. Although, we can comment on Ryan Clark's reports via Facebook accounts, so I wouldn't see why I can't be done. Still, it's not really that much of an issue to me. What would happen anyways? Would are accounts change to our names? Would we have new accounts? Either way, it'd be way too confusing.

Some of these can work, some of them can't. When you suggest things, you also have to think if it can actually be done. A shop? A shop would take way too much time and effort to make, for any site, hell...it'd take months for Facebook to add a feature like that. So I highly doubt Frank would be able to do it alone...on a forum.
    I disagree with the shop. I had one when I ran my free smf. It was a breeze! If smf has a modification like that I'm sure vbulletin does. Thanks for your feedback about the rest though. I guess some of the stuff would be pretty useless, I just thought it would be a good idea at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by AreYaSerious View Post
    I disagree with the shop. I had one when I ran my free smf. It was a breeze! If smf has a modification like that I'm sure vbulletin does. Thanks for your feedback about the rest though. I guess some of the stuff would be pretty useless, I just thought it would be a good idea at the time.
    i like the awards and the leves but thats it

I heard from several people that an update for EWN was mentioned. I haven't found anything recent though.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    I heard from several people that an update for EWN was mentioned. I haven't found anything recent though.
    robstar said that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pauadrian View Post
    i like the awards and the leves but thats it
    My favorite is the awards too, and the like and dislike button.

Blog Entries
    I am for this as well. Maybe even adding a few extra ranks too if people can come up with interesting ideas.

Or cut out the middle man and let us put whatever we want there after X amount of posts.

Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    I am for this as well. Maybe even adding a few extra ranks too if people can come up with interesting ideas.

Or cut out the middle man and let us put whatever we want there after X amount of posts.
    after like 10,000 posts there should be Hall of Famer!
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!