TNA has lost hope in its homegrown talents

Those of you that watched the 10/14/10 TNA iMPACT saw the fall out of what happened at TNA BFG. It is official that Team Hogan, or whatever they are called, and Fortune have now joined forces to create a seemingly unstoppable faction. I heard someone inform me that they are called "The Immortals" but I personally refer to them as nWo 2.0. You guys are free to call them what you like though.

Anyways, storyline wise, the show was actually pretty good. I thought Jeff Hardy did a great job in his heel promos. It just seemed so natural for him. Some may come on here and complain about the showing lacking matches and yes it did lack a lot of matches. However, that is not why I am making this topic. There was something else on this show that I noticed and i figured I'd start a topic like this.

I hate to say it, but I think TNA has lost all hope in their homegrown talents now. A majority of the show was centered around former WWE superstars. AJ Styles, Kazarian, Abyss, Eric Young, and Beer Money are all taking back seats. We didn't even get to see MCMGs tonight. Yes, the show was good, but ..... is that really a good thing when they hardly ever used their own talents?

Thoughts?

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. The answer to your question is its probably not a good thing that their homegrown talent isn't in the spotlight anymore. But they had 8 years to make an impact (pun intended) and failed to deliver in the ratings. TNA is turning into WWE PG-14 and that's OK but in the process its losing some of its own unique flavor. That unique flavor was the reason I and many others started watching TNA in the first place, hopefully they don't forget about us. If they keep this up, you might as well change TNA to TNAE Total Non Stop Action Entertainment and that my friend would be a sad day, a sad day indeed. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
    If you can see this, you’re not blind, which is a very good start.

How did I enjoy watching TNA in the first place? it was because of AJ,Lynn,Daniels,Low Ki,Red,Sabin,Kazarian,Joe,Eric Young,Hernandez(wheres Hernandez btw?) etc

TNA was good 2003-2008,after that its all about recruiting ex-wweecwwcw

i think ur mistaken...all they did tonight was set up storylines....u forget we still have to see the faction that takes on the immortals....who will they be...i am sure it will be pop dinero and other tna talent...i think the young talent will get more showcase than now...and no matter how good aj styles is or mcmg the common wrestling fans dont know them...this storyline will put over new talent vs stablished talent if u noticed immortalss is all stablished talent and i think thats what they will do....young talen vs stablished talent to get people ove.......

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    How did I enjoy watching TNA in the first place? it was because of AJ,Lynn,Daniels,Low Ki,Red,Sabin,Kazarian,Joe,Eric Young,Hernandez(wheres Hernandez btw?) etc

I think in Mexico with a partner show of TNA. AAA I believe.

The flow of ex-WWE and ex-ECW guys does give me a bad taste in my mouth because the talent that was with TNA from the start don't get mentioned alot.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post

I agree. Back then I used to tune into TNA every week without fail, watch all their PPVs and I was really happy that wrestling had an alternative to WWE's soap opera rubbish. "This is Wrestling" was the perfect tagline and it gave wrestling credibility again. All those people who laughed at the cheesy acting and fakeness of it all could tune into TNA and see that wrestlers are in fact talented athletes and performers.

They even had guests from Japan or ROH to do one off matches, which was excellent.

Then in came Russo, silly gimmick matches no one could follow, storylines that don't make sense, heel turns every week, new factions every 2 weeks...and when I didn't think it could get any worse in came Hogan and Bischoff. Out went all the great TNA stars who'd caught my interest and in came all the WWE/WCW guys, many of which should've retired 10 years ago.

I remember WWF running skits many years ago with Billionaire Ted, The Nacho man and The Huckster. That's what TNA reminds me of today...a bad WWF/E tribute act.

I actually stopped wathcing after the Samoa Joe vs Abyss match. I was pretty pissed that an actual match had not happened for the first hr and 15 minutes of programming. After the Abyss match I was pissed because of the way it ended. I tune in to watch wrestling, not what I saw last night. This may of actually tuned me out completely from TNA. I started watching TNA back in '07 because it finally came to a channel I could see it on. I loved the ring they used, I loved the incredible wrestling moves they did, I loved the story lines they used back then but now, it has turned to shit. If they would just of given it time, maybe another 3 years they could of perhaps been real competative with WWE but after watching it last night I saw nothing but a remake of WCW. What a joke. Yup, I think they just lost this viewer.

the show was well shot, and the performers did their jobs well... So here we are with UBER heel stable, sting walking away and nash walking away, Anderson and Pope vowing to fight the good fight, and Joe.... Joe is the Wild card, Pope and Anderson got short backstage bits saying how they would win, RVD got mic time in the ring, but who did they put the extra expense to do a filmed promo on location ... Joe is going to figure big in this mix. but they NEED to get Styles out of the heel role.
    The Jarret Angle um.. angle was likely to get Kurt off the air for a bit. They took all the "mentor" characters away from the Face side, this implies that the remaining faces will get the crap kicked out fo them till they band together under the remaining mentors ( Dreamer maybe, or Taz) or rescue the Fair Damsel ( Dixie) ... that is IF Russo actually has a storyline planned out for longer than a month from now.
    just because i didn't agree doesn't mean i didn't listen, it just means you were wrong. Now go away please.

Blog Entries
    AJ is waaaaaaay too redneck to be doing this mini Flair stuff. He looks fucking ridiculous. Him and Hardy nedd to be fighting each other ffs.

I was watching TNA the other day. For most of the time I thought I was watching WWE Vintage Collection

Based on this reply, I'm not interested in this story. What might end up happening again is everyone who gets beaten up by this "new NWO" is gonna join them in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihltygre View Post
    the show was well shot, and the performers did their jobs well... So here we are with UBER heel stable, sting walking away and nash walking away, Anderson and Pope vowing to fight the good fight, and Joe.... Joe is the Wild card, Pope and Anderson got short backstage bits saying how they would win, RVD got mic time in the ring, but who did they put the extra expense to do a filmed promo on location ... Joe is going to figure big in this mix. but they NEED to get Styles out of the heel role.
    The Jarret Angle um.. angle was likely to get Kurt off the air for a bit. They took all the "mentor" characters away from the Face side, this implies that the remaining faces will get the crap kicked out fo them till they band together under the remaining mentors ( Dreamer maybe, or Taz) or rescue the Fair Damsel ( Dixie) ... that is IF Russo actually has a storyline planned out for longer than a month from now.