Thread: The NBA Lockout

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

The NBA Lockout

I'm probably going to guess this won't be a majorly discussed thread but thought i'd try.

What are your opinions on this?
    How long do you think this will continue for?
    And finally:
    How do you think your team would be doing right now if they were playing?

It's made me hate everyone associated with the NBA. Millionaire's arguing with Millionaire's with each side wanting to screw over the other side. If this was in an actual business, the players would be forced to have their salaries cut by a certain percentage and that would be it. The fact that they are complaining when they were getting (I believe) 56% OF BASKETBALL RELATED INCOME since 1999 is fucking incredible. The owner's got screwed on the last deal and I don't see what is so bad about a 50/50 split for the BRI.

The real losers in this, besides the fans, are the people who work in the stadiums (photographers, cameramen, concession workers, etc) who won't be getting a paycheck because both sides are acting like fucking 10 year old kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    It's made me hate everyone associated with the NBA. Millionaire's arguing with Millionaire's with each side wanting to screw over the other side. If this was in an actual business, the players would be forced to have their salaries cut by a certain percentage and that would be it. The fact that they are complaining when they were getting (I believe) 56% OF BASKETBALL RELATED INCOME since 1999 is fucking incredible. The owner's got screwed on the last deal and I don't see what is so bad about a 50/50 split for the BRI.

The real losers in this, besides the fans, are the people who work in the stadiums (photographers, cameramen, concession workers, etc) who won't be getting a paycheck because both sides are acting like fucking 10 year old kids.
    Aye. I can't believe a whole season can be fucked up so much due to people and organisations acting like divas.