Blog Entries

Exclamation Breaking News about a possible WM 28 scenario

It has been reported that the WWE has been in contact with both Shaquille O’Neal, and Lebron James about possibly working an angle at Wrestlemania XXVIII. Most likely with the Big Show. Although nothing has been confirmed as of yet with the WWE, sources indicate that it is a huge possibility.

From F4Wonline.com: also an article from SEScoops.com:

With the NBA basketball season all but canceled at this point due to the lockout situation between the players association and the team owners, there has been talk in WWE about getting a big name NBA star to work an angle at WrestleMania 28. Both Lebron James and Shaquille O’Neal have worked with WWE before in the past and there’s a good chance WWE will go after one of them if the NBA season does get canceled.
    We’ve already seen Shaq guest host an episode of Monday Night Raw, and LeBron was once rumored to as well.
    Shaq was fantastic in his role because you could tell he was a legit WWE fan, and his interaction with The Big Show was a clash of two of the biggest athletes in the world. It left us all pining for more between those two, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we saw The Big Show work a Wrestlemania program with one of the greatest NBA players of all-time. If you’re going to bring in any NBA stars to work the biggest PPV of the year, you want the two biggest stars possible. And no one is a bigger star than LeBron or Shaq.

Given that Wrestlemania 28 takes place in Miami (where the Heat are located) and LeBron is one of the most controversial athletes on the planet—fans either love or hate him—I think it would be a great decision for the WWE to bring him in for the show and possibly make some more casual fans buy the pay-per-view. Shaq is retired from the NBA now so it would be easier to get him. If this were to happen, WM 28 could be the biggest WM of all time.

I also wanted to report that sources have also stated that the plan for the WWE Title at WM 28 as of now is to have CM Punk defending against either Chris Jericho (if they can convince him to return), Dolph Ziggler, Brodus Clay (who is set for a big push), The Miz, R-Truth, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus , Wade Barrett as possible challengers. Although nothing is confirmed that it will happen, it is in the talks with WWE creative right now as Vince wants to keep the Title picture away from the Rock vs Cena match if at all possible.

Your thoughts please on these possible scenarios.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Two legit atheltes from a sport I don't care about is better than a nobody "reality" TV star I couldn't care less about I suppose!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Two legit atheltes from a sport I don't care about is better than a nobody "reality" TV star I couldn't care less about I suppose!!
    Agreed. They could get MJ, Shaq, Kobe beating the hell out of LeBron James and i'd still not care.

I'd laugh a lot but not exactly what i'd like to see at WrestleMania.

Smelly news indeed.

Blog Entries
    I wasn't for sure what to make of the news, was just posting what I found out and thought it would make a good topic. Anyway, the one that I was interested about was Punk defending the WWE title against one of those being talked about. I hope it's Wade Barrett since I don't see Jericho making a return by WM 28. I would like to see Punk vs Jericho, however I don't see Jericho wanting to share the spotlight with the Rock.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

I think the bigger news is Brodus Clay in the title picture before an official RAW debut.

I'll be honest, I don't care. Why do they keep wanting these outside athletes to come in and feud with Big Show? I've seen enough watered down Shaq and Big Show segments.

They use Big Show horribly around Mania time. I think the best thing he's done at Mania since he's returned was in that triple threat match, back in 2009. I mean I know Show is in the WHC picture right now...but he get's put in some pretty shitty angles for a man with his talent.