Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Group of Debt: Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland.
    Thats funny.

As was the case for the 2004 and 2008 finals, the sixteen finalists have been divided into four seeding pots, using UEFA's national team coefficient ranking.

The pot allocations were based on the UEFA national team coefficient rankings of the sixteen finalists at the end of the qualifying competition in November 2011.[2] Each nation's coefficient was generated by calculating:
    40% of the average ranking points per game earned in the UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying stage.
    40% of the average ranking points per game earned in the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying stage and final tournament.
    20% of the average ranking points per game earned in the UEFA Euro 2008 qualifying stage and final tournament.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...2_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Poland and Ukraine are automatically in pot 1 as hosts (Spain as defending champions). On ranking alone it should be;
    Spain, Netherlands, Germany, Italy.
    Russia, England, Croatia, Greece.
    Portugal, sweden, denmark, france.
    Czech, Republic of Ireland, Poland, Ukraine.

Like I said, it's all based on the last 3 major qualifying tournaments and Last Euro and World Cup tournaments.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012_seeding

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    As was the case for the 2004 and 2008 finals, the sixteen finalists have been divided into four seeding pots, using UEFA's national team coefficient ranking.

The pot allocations were based on the UEFA national team coefficient rankings of the sixteen finalists at the end of the qualifying competition in November 2011.[2] Each nation's coefficient was generated by calculating:
    40% of the average ranking points per game earned in the UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying stage.
    40% of the average ranking points per game earned in the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying stage and final tournament.
    20% of the average ranking points per game earned in the UEFA Euro 2008 qualifying stage and final tournament.

Poland and Ukraine are automatically in pot 1 as hosts (Spain as defending champions). On ranking alone it should be;

Like I said, it's all based on the last 3 major qualifying tournaments and Last Euro and World Cup tournaments.
    I still stand by my decision that it's still ridiculous and stupid.
    TBOZ - Current EWNCW Evolution Champion - 28/05/2013

Former EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion - 06/03/2012 - 04/07/2012

Former 4x WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION with GodMoney

Want to become that great? Then join EWNCW today! PM me!

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

And some domestic cup competitions use that ABSURD idea of putting all the teams names into a hat and picking them.Gosh,thankfully this new system will really fix football.its a good thing we have FIFA.(all sarcasm)

And 2016 its 24 teams.Can only imagine what magic formula will be used by then.

The colours of flag
    The performance of the domestic cup winner in the Europa League
    The performance at the U/13 World Cup
    The degree of support to Sepp Blatter
    Economic stability
    Number of public holidays
    place in the IRB World Rankings
    highest placed representatives in:
    - World cake eating competition
    - World Wall Painting competition
    - World air guitar championships
    - International Cucumber farming series
    - International Spelling bee.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sincara View Post
    englands best hope is ...
    netherlands england greese ireland
    Netherlands we'll have no chance, there quality! Greece will be broke by Euro 2012 and have no team! and the Irish.... watch the match from the cricket world cup this year... we should have destroyed them... we didn't

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Group of Debt: Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland.
    haha absolute quality! that's if Greece can even aford to send a team out to Eastern Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile Junkie View Post
    And some domestic cup competitions use that ABSURD idea of putting all the teams names into a hat and picking them.Gosh,thankfully this new system will really fix football.its a good thing we have FIFA.(all sarcasm)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardOfZeus View Post
    I still stand by my decision that it's still ridiculous and stupid.
    I didn't say it was a great method, was just showing how they "select" the groups. I see what they want to do; have the best teams split up from the start. I can understand why they choose this method, but their ranking system is pretty shit so it's counter productive.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

I didn't say it was a great method, was just showing how they "select" the groups. I see what they want to do; have the best teams split up from the start. I can understand why they choose this method, but their ranking system is pretty shit so it's counter productive.
    I know,anyone who actually DOES think that the method was sane is mad.I was well aware that you only provided the basis of the process.