Blog Entries

Dan the Beast Severn

From the EWN homepage
    and
    ROHWrestling.com posted the following tonight:

On the recent episode of "Ring of Honor Wrestling" where it was officially announced that Eddie Edwards would be challenging for the ROH World Title at "Final Battle 2011" on December 23rd in New York City, the former World Champion alluded to having a new trainer in his camp to help prepare him for the opportunity to regain the championship. Speculation of course began to run rampant as to who Edwards was talking about, but it looks like that guessing game can come to an end as Eddie's tag team partner, and potential opponent for 12/23, Davey Richards tweeted the following earlier today:

"Fresh off a plane from tokyo to find my brother went behind my back. Training with Severn now Ed? Glad to know whom I can trust with my info

Oreilly let me know Eddie, glad to see I can trust him. You made this personal Ed and I'm gonna smash you once as for all. #@ringofhonor"

It appears, based on Richards' tweet, that ROH's only Triple Crown Champion has enlisted the services of legendary grappler & former World Champion Dan "The Beast" Severn to prepare him for the World Title opportunity at "Final Battle 2011". Severn has a storied history as a grappler & mixed martial artist, and may be just the type of trainer Edwards needs should he face off with Davey Richards for the ROH World Title. It is well-known that Richards trains religiously in amateur wrestling, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and various striking styles so the experience offered by a former MMA champion such as Severn could prove invaluable.

This story is currently unconfirmed as Eddie Edwards has not yet returned e-mails or phone calls from ROH officials, but this is something we will stay on top of until we get 100% confirmation that this rumor is legitimate.
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    From the EWN homepage
    and
    ROHWrestling.com posted the following tonight:

On the recent episode of "Ring of Honor Wrestling" where it was officially announced that Eddie Edwards would be challenging for the ROH World Title at "Final Battle 2011" on December 23rd in New York City, the former World Champion alluded to having a new trainer in his camp to help prepare him for the opportunity to regain the championship. Speculation of course began to run rampant as to who Edwards was talking about, but it looks like that guessing game can come to an end as Eddie's tag team partner, and potential opponent for 12/23, Davey Richards tweeted the following earlier today:

"Fresh off a plane from tokyo to find my brother went behind my back. Training with Severn now Ed? Glad to know whom I can trust with my info

Oreilly let me know Eddie, glad to see I can trust him. You made this personal Ed and I'm gonna smash you once as for all. #@ringofhonor"

It appears, based on Richards' tweet, that ROH's only Triple Crown Champion has enlisted the services of legendary grappler & former World Champion Dan "The Beast" Severn to prepare him for the World Title opportunity at "Final Battle 2011". Severn has a storied history as a grappler & mixed martial artist, and may be just the type of trainer Edwards needs should he face off with Davey Richards for the ROH World Title. It is well-known that Richards trains religiously in amateur wrestling, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and various striking styles so the experience offered by a former MMA champion such as Severn could prove invaluable.

This story is currently unconfirmed as Eddie Edwards has not yet returned e-mails or phone calls from ROH officials, but this is something we will stay on top of until we get 100% confirmation that this rumor is legitimate.
    My thoughts on this.... this could be something ROH needs bringing in Severn.... time will tell what happens??
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!

Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Blog Entries
    Dan Severn? When's the last time we've heard of him?
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THEKEVINBRAND View Post
    Dan Severn? When's the last time we've heard of him?
    Been forever.....

Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Blog Entries
    Been forever.....
    Coulda been in TNA back in 2002
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!

Quote Originally Posted by THEKEVINBRAND View Post
    Coulda been in TNA back in 2002
    I only started watching TNA in '04 but I thought Severn never made a TNA appearence? Was he not due to be on the insugural PPV but couldn't make it due to MMA commitments, so they stripped him of the NWA title?

Blog Entries
    1999 when he was in the WWE and was involved in a feud with Ken Shamrock....
    Although he was contracted to be on the first NWA-TNA weekly PPV but failed to make the appearance and was striped of his second run as NWA champion...
    Other then that he been fighting MMA yet and running his Wrestling School....

Blog Entries
    1999 when he was in the WWE and was involved in a feud with Ken Shamrock....
    Although he was contracted to be on the first NWA-TNA weekly PPV but failed to make the appearance and was striped of his second run as NWA champion...
    Other then that he been fighting MMA yet and running his Wrestling School....
    He was the guy that brought amateur wrestling to MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I only started watching TNA in '04 but I thought Severn never made a TNA appearence? Was he not due to be on the insugural PPV but couldn't make it due to MMA commitments, so they stripped him of the NWA title?
    yeah was the NWA champion at the time and was stripped can't remember if it was from a prior commitment or they couldn't reach terms on money.
    The silverback alpha male needs no signature

re :Dan the Beast Severn

hey guyz i am new here in this forum. and i am biggest fan of wrestling, christiy and tragi these divas were awesome , i have seen lots of fight of these wwe diva. but today no one supporting to wwe diva wrestling.

Severn MD Locksmith