Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    The Trinity Sully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    okay I can understand firing, but since when was being in jail even in the question? he hasn't even been charged with a crime so why should he be in jail? I mean ya what he did was wrong I'll tell you that but he doesn't deserve any jail time, plus the guy probably only has about 5-10 years left to even live so I think he does need to try to enjoy the remainder of his life without football for a change
    Not telling the authorities of a crime, is a crime. It's called being an accessory, and yes you can go to jail for it. Now I don't think a jury would be able to charge Paterno for that, due to lack of evidence, but they always try.

    Here's what is says on wikipedia.

    To be convicted of an accessory charge, the accused must generally be proved to have had actual knowledge that a crime was going to be, or had been, committed. Furthermore, there must be proof that the accessory knew that his or her action, or inaction, was helping the criminals commit the crime, or evade detection, or escape. A person who unknowingly houses a person who has just committed a crime, for instance, may not be charged with an accessory offense because they did not have knowledge of the crime.
    So is Joe Paterno guilty?

    Also, if he did go to jail, it wouldn't be some maximum security prison. They know the man's age, and Joe Paterno is also a celebrity. He'll get off very easy with those two perks.
    Last edited by Sully; 11-11-2011 at 02:10 AM.

  2. #12
    The Trinity Sully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    Why should he be allowed to retire? Look I'll be the first to say I know nothing about football and I care even less but I've been following this story and in my humble opinion him, sandusky, and everyone else who knew that this was happening should be dragged out in front of penn state and publicly put down like the animals they are
    Did you seriously just say that? Right, they're the animals.

    You're saying that we should take anyone that knew of what happened, drag them in front of a college, and shot them in the head? Then you have the audacity to say they're animals? Where's Y2J when you need him?



    There he is.

    Anyways, no. Just no. Who's to say that any of them are guilty? I know that's a bold thing to say, but what do you know about the case? Has anyone been proven guilty? At this time I'm not awake enough to look it up, but I'm not going to sit here and say they should be shot in the head in front of a large group of people.

    They fired him for public relations. Did they want to fire Joe, probably not. It was nothing personal, but there would have been even more controversy if they allowed him to stay.

    How do you know what the situation was, whenever Joe was "told" one time about the situation. Maybe he was tired, maybe he wasn't paying attention to what the kid said. The guy is 84 years old, he isn't exactly going to hear everything going on.

    Although I don't think Joe Paterno should have been allowed to coach anyways. This could've been avoided for him, if he retired years ago.
    Last edited by Sully; 11-11-2011 at 02:20 AM.

  3. #13
    God Dameduse823's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arkham Asylum, Solitary Confinement
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Did you seriously just say that? Right, they're the animals.

    You're saying that we should take anyone that knew of what happened, drag them in front of a college, and shot them in the head? Then you have the audacity to say they're animals? Where's Y2J when you need him?



    There he is.

    Anyways, no. Just no. Who's to say that any of them are guilty? I know that's a bold thing to say, but what do you know about the case? Has anyone been proven guilty? At this time I'm not awake enough to look it up, but I'm not going to sit here and say they should be shot in the head in front of a large group of people.

    They fired him for public relations. Did they want to fire Joe, probably not. It was nothing personal, but they would have been even more controversy if they allowed him to stay.
    I'll say this simply, in MY OPINION anyone who molests children, covers up child molestation, aids in it in any way should be killed. Its that simple
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

    To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same


  4. #14
    Black Ninja! Broc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Boulevard of Broken Dreams
    Posts
    5,534
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Did you seriously just say that? Right, they're the animals.

    You're saying that we should take anyone that knew of what happened, drag them in front of a college, and shot them in the head? Then you have the audacity to say they're animals? Where's Y2J when you need him?



    There he is.

    Anyways, no. Just no. Who's to say that any of them are guilty? I know that's a bold thing to say, but what do you know about the case? Has anyone been proven guilty? At this time I'm not awake enough to look it up, but I'm not going to sit here and say they should be shot in the head in front of a large group of people.

    They fired him for public relations. Did they want to fire Joe, probably not. It was nothing personal, but there would have been even more controversy if they allowed him to stay.

    How do you know what the situation was, whenever Joe was "told" one time about the situation. Maybe he was tired, maybe he wasn't paying attention to what the kid said. The guy is 84 years old, he isn't exactly going to hear everything going on.

    Although I don't think Joe Paterno should have been allowed to coach anyways. This could've been avoided for him, if he retired years ago.
    I'm pretty sure if he couldn't hear what a student was telling him he wouldn't be able to coach, you really under estimate the condition that paterno is in right now, he obviously can hear fine if he's coaching a game

    as far as retiring earlier why? so what if he's old, he was still doing a fine job at coaching, so I see no reason as to why he should have retired any earlier than he planned on.

  5. #15
    Black Ninja! Broc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Boulevard of Broken Dreams
    Posts
    5,534
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    I'll say this simply, in MY OPINION anyone who molests children, covers up child molestation, aids in it in any way should be killed. Its that simple
    okay let's say they did kill everyone involved in that whole thing and then a year later they cover up new evidence that proves them innocent, would they deserve to be killed then? and come on even if they are guilty why the fuck should someone die for something like that? the only people who really deserve to die are people that have actually killed other people, not someone who was accused of a child molestation

  6. #16
    God Dameduse823's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arkham Asylum, Solitary Confinement
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    okay let's say they did kill everyone involved in that whole thing and then a year later they cover up new evidence that proves them innocent, would they deserve to be killed then? and come on even if they are guilty why the fuck should someone die for something like that? the only people who really deserve to die are people that have actually killed other people, not someone who was accused of a child molestation
    Murder is a terrible crime but in many cases it can be explained. Would you put someone to death for killing a person who's attacking them? Or put a cop to death for shooting someone holding a hostage? Murder is something that can be explained and in this country it can even be legally argued as self defense.

    Child molestation and rape however can't be explained away, for any reason. People who molest children don't do it by accident, they do it because their sick
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

    To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same


  7. #17
    The Trinity Sully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    I'll say this simply, in MY OPINION anyone who molests children, covers up child molestation, aids in it in any way should be killed. Its that simple
    I'll say this, in MY OPINION. Nobody should be killed, no matter what they do. If you go around thinking anyone's life should be ended, especially someone like Joe Paterno, who hardly knew about it and was informed a long time ago, then you won't live a happy life.

    What if someone is being framed, and their life ends?

    What about the bible? Killing is killing, just because the government does it, doesn't make it any less of a sin. I don't think Joe knew about it, and was covering it up his whole life. He may have known years ago, or he may have not taken the report seriously do to whatever situation.

    If you think anyone who "aids in child molestation in anyway" should be killed, that makes me think you are a very aggressive person, who would take something into their own hands and kill themselves, and that scares me.

    Thinking things like that are why these crimes happen in the first place!

  8. #18
    The Trinity Sully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    Murder is a terrible crime but in many cases it can be explained. Would you put someone to death for killing a person who's attacking them? Or put a cop to death for shooting someone holding a hostage? Murder is something that can be explained and in this country it can even be legally argued as self defense.

    Child molestation and rape however can't be explained away, for any reason. People who molest children don't do it by accident, they do it because their sick
    You aren't helping yourself in anyway here. You hit the nail right on the head, they do it, because they have problems. They are sick, and they need help! Killing them won't help them, killing them is making us look like the bad people. They can't help themselves, they were born with a sexual attraction to children, and sometimes those sexual needs overtake them. People don't think when they're turned on, and sometimes it just get's worse.

    You don't kill people who need help.

  9. #19
    Black Ninja! Broc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Boulevard of Broken Dreams
    Posts
    5,534
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    Murder is a terrible crime but in many cases it can be explained. Would you put someone to death for killing a person who's attacking them? Or put a cop to death for shooting someone holding a hostage? Murder is something that can be explained and in this country it can even be legally argued as self defense.

    Child molestation and rape however can't be explained away, for any reason. People who molest children don't do it by accident, they do it because their sick
    okay the first part I agree with, what I meant by that was like terrorists, people who cause large amounts of death and have no defense for it

    but as far as the child molestation goes, I disagree that it can't be explained, you can easily be false accused of child molestation or rape, there's plenty of people who have been "accused" rape or child molestation that were never proven to have done anything, and plus even when they are guilty jail time is good enough for that case, you can be straightened out from this stuff, no one deserves to die for something like that when they can easily be fixed and turn their life around

  10. #20
    God Dameduse823's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arkham Asylum, Solitary Confinement
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I'll say this, in MY OPINION. Nobody should be killed, no matter what they do. If you go around thinking anyone's life should be ended, especially someone like Joe Paterno, who hardly knew about it and was informed a long time ago, then you won't live a happy life.

    What if someone is being framed, and their life ends?

    What about the bible? Killing is killing, just because the government does it, doesn't make it any less of a sin. I don't think Joe knew about it, and was covering it up his whole life. He may have known years ago, or he may have not taken the report seriously do to whatever situation.

    If you think anyone who "aids in child molestation in anyway" should be killed, that makes me think you are a very aggressive person, who would take something into their own hands and kill themselves, and that scares me.

    Thinking things like that are why these crimes happen in the first place!
    Well I can assure you I haven't killed anyone, and I can understand that you find my point of view disturbing so allow me to explain a little. I'm aggressive about this because I have two young daughters and four young cousins and when I hear a story like this I think about what the families of the victims are going through seeing these reports where it seems more people care about some glorified gym teacher then what happened to their kids and I can't find and pity for someone who'd hurt a child.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

    To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.