Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

What's going on here?

Bragging Rights has the potential to be a great Pay-Per-View if done right. I don't doubt WWE will put on a good show, but they have had the history of taking something good and messing it up...

So what do we got:

WWE Championship: Randy Orton(c) vs. Wade Barrett w/ John Cena
    - There are several ways WWE can go here. Orton can beat Barrett cleanly with Cena just letting it happen. Cena can interfere or Orton's behalf (accident or purpose) and cause Barrett to lose, setting up a 'firing' angle of some kind on RAW. Or they can do the right thing and give Cena his full-fledged heel turn, by attacking Orton.

World Heavyweight Championship: Kane(c) vs. Undertaker (Buried Alive Match???)
    - The best thing here would be to have Taker win to end the feud, and give Kane a few months off. If Kane wins, then it may continue the feud at a later date, but I don't see that happening for a third time. This time the 'Dead-man" wins and sets up a new feud with someone else over the title.

7-on-7 RAW vs. Smackdown Match: Team RAW( The Miz, Sheamus, John Morrison, CM Punk, R-Truth, Santino and Mark Henry???) vs. Team Smackdown (Big Show, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston and Tyler Reks)
    - The teams seem pretty even and Reks was put on Smackdown, basically as Santino's level counterpart. Based on the overall power of the teams, I believe Smackdown should win, with Edge spearing and pinning The Miz. (Set-up from their encounter on RAW last week after Edge was 'traded').

Divas Championship: LayCool(c) vs. Natalya
    - This time Natalya should win, but we'll see if WWE does that. They have what they believe is a good thing going with LayCool and they may not want to take the belt off Michelle McTaker.

- These have been announced, but here's a couple of other matches I'd add:

Intercontinental vs. United States: Dolph Ziggler vs. Daniel Bryan
    - I personally would not unify the two belts, and I don't believe WWE will, without proper build-up. I believe Daniel Bryan wins this match, forcing Ziggler to tap out. Most would probably want Kaval to be Intercontinental Champ for this match, but it's not the case at the moment.

Unified Tag Team Championship Match: Drew McIntyre and 'Dashing' Cody Rhodes(c) vs. The Hart Dynasty
    - WWE will have David Hart Smith turn on Tyson Kidd, and ruin the best tag team they have, so this match will be kind of pointless.

Does this work for everyone?

Undertaker won't be world champ again. His schedule is far too light

Other than that, you probably aren't far from right
    If I can be serious for a minute..

EWNCW - E Wrestling News Championship Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by Splattered-Dreams View Post
    Never stopped them from putting the belt on him before!
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries

Other than that, you probably aren't far from right
    He'll get the belt to end the feud. I don't think he should hold onto it for long, but I'm going with what I think WWE will do. Personally, I wouldn't give him the belt anymore, because it's time to move on.

If Taker is really going to retire after Wmania I actually expect them to give him the belt. I think Vince will give Taker the respectful sendoff he deserves having him face off against a top WWE guy (I Cena), beat him to maintain the streak, and retire as the champion. I don't know if he'll take the belt as early as Bragging rights but I expect it will be soon enough to start a build to Mania.

This PPV isn't shaping up too badly but since it's "Bragging Rights" I'd like to see more than one Raw vs Smackdown match. They had a perfect opportunity with Edge starting some heat with Miz before changing brands to put them in a inter-brand match but instead they stuck them on the opposing teams.

What about IC/US unifying match..

Blog Entries
    I think it's possible that they'll do this match, but i hope the unification stipulation isn't in place. It will be a bad move to unify the mid card belts, as WWE will have a huge number of stars beneath the main title picture competing for absolutely nothing! But if WWE are going to unify both belts, then they need to have a proper build up to it as both belts (especially the IC belt) has a lot of history. But as it is WWE, You can expect the unification match to happen as you said.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I think it's possible that they'll do this match, but i hope the unification stipulation isn't in place. It will be a bad move to unify the mid card belts, as WWE will have a huge number of stars beneath the main title picture competing for absolutely nothing! But if WWE are going to unify both belts, then they need to have a proper build up to it as both belts (especially the IC belt) has a lot of history. But as it is WWE, You can expect the unification match to happen as you said.
    I wouldn't say "especially the IC belt," both of them are drenched in memories of historic matches over the years. But I agree, it's not the best idea - but it will probably happen. The unification thing would work if they scrapped the whole SD/Raw hing, and jus have everybody competing on all shows. (could even happen at Bragging Rights)

Blog Entries
    I have the match between the two champs, but I don't have it as a unifying match. I see it like last years match, just a bragging rights theme that the winning champion has.

Quote Originally Posted by jhorton1215 View Post
    I have the match between the two champs, but I don't have it as a unifying match. I see it like last years match, just a bragging rights theme that the winning champion has.
    Thats likely, I was just thinking, if they're thinking of unifying the shows (so to speak) the US/IC unifying match would be the begnning of the end of seperate shows, and the main event of Bragging Rights will be the actual end.