Blog Entries

NCAA Football Conferences

Well being here in West Virginia the media has been hot..... with several teams making noise in the Big East.... First off Pitt and Syracuse who got invited to join the ACC.... Then this week it became official WVU is leaving the Big East for the Big 12 as soon as Missouri leaves to their respected conference they joined....

Several thoughts here
    1. What does this mean for the Big East when it comes to all sports... Football and Basketball mens and Womens??
    Answer either expand with new teams in Football as talks is of several teams getting an invite...
    2. I personally think this is to create a playoff Championship series... each conf, have a Championship game...
    Thus the Conf Champions and Ranking will play into who plays where in he Bowls....

Your thoughts please....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

I personally think the should break every team in the FBS into 6 conferences just for football. Leave the basketball and baseball conferences the way they are already. This way, teams won't have to travel insane distances just to play a basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

Blog Entries
    I could see about 6 or 8 or as many as 10 conferences for all college sports.....
    The ACC, Big 12, Big 10, SEC, Mountain West/Conf USA, PAC 12, WAC, MAC, and SunBelt and Big East( if they can find the teams?)....

Each have a championship game for football eventually to determine who plays where in late December and 1st week in January...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!

Blog Entries
    If the Big East dissolves, it'll be Football only. The Basketball part of the conference is VERY solid and still a powerhouse.

I don't think the football division will fold, however. They're trying to beef the ranks by adding the Non-AQ conference teams that have shown they're too good for their current conferences--Houston, Boise, UCF all lead their conferences, SMU was once a national power, and Air Force & Navy bring respect to any conference.
    D.O.A.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanFlare View Post
    If the Big East dissolves, it'll be Football only. The Basketball part of the conference is VERY solid and still a powerhouse.

I don't think the football division will fold, however. They're trying to beef the ranks by adding the Non-AQ conference teams that have shown they're too good for their current conferences--Houston, Boise, UCF all lead their conferences, SMU was once a national power, and Air Force & Navy bring respect to any conference.
    They still kinda is right now in Basketball and elsewhere or other sports.... But that about it with only UConn, Notre Dame, Georgetown, Louisville, Cinciatti and Villinova.... But that about it.... Time will only tell what teams stay or if they stick around in the Big East??? Notre Dame is a Indy Football team but is involve in other sports in the Big East...

I was surprise that the Big 12 didn't invite 3 or 4 other teams out of the Big East!!! Actuall I wouldn't mind seeing the big 12 and Big East combine into a Super Conference of sorts..... Esp with Pitt and Syracuse going to the ACC, which IMO The ACC will be the dominate conferences in most of all sports esp football and basketball....