Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Well that's a dick move by FIFA.
    Exactly, that's why it's such a disgraceful decision!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Unsurprisingly he's Swiss, a country which remained neutral during the world and thus profited from both sides!! Irony!!
    That other dickhead ref who disallowed our euro 04 goal against portugal was swiss too.
    I'm starting to hate the Swiss as much as the Bruins...

Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile Junkie View Post
    FIFA and England,one could right a book about their relationship.

But,If you and I worked for FIFA,and the english media slated us left right and centre becuase of their failed World Cup bid,we wouldn't allow the poppies either.Lord Triesman bashed FIFA the day before the Rooney/red card verdict,which was 3 games,which is harsh,but if Mr.Triesman hadn't opened his mouth,it could have been a 1 or 2 game ban.Your media is hurting your national team,if Rooney came from Spain or Portugal,who accepted their 2018 bid defeats graciuosly,things could have been different.

I think the fact that UEFA and FIFA would ban rooney for 3 games at 1 of their tournaments in an era where guys like Kevin Prince Boateng retires from the International game at 24,just about sums up how FIFA and UEFA have a bone to pick with ENgland.

On a side note,out of curiosity,can a person buy a club shirt with a poppie on?

If England do wear the poppies,what is the worst thing that can happen?They won't ban England ala Heysal,it would never be valid in court.

We had shirt rubbish with the rugby World cuo.We had to pick between the national sports logo and the Springboks logo to be on the shirt,because the IRB wouldn't allow two badges.The Springbok ended up on the shoulder,and people even boycotted buying the shirt.Granted nobody died like in the war,I don't see why shirts of a National teams needs to be' approved'.

Strange,the AC Milan fans disapprove of Man City's unoriginal red and black kit,because its copying AC Milan's famous colours,and lets face it,Man City do not have the history or storied traditions of AC Milan,poppies are banned,but this copying was not??

Is there any specific reason as to why they are not allowing it? What if the England players all got temporary tattoos of Poppies on their forearms,surely there's nothing FIFA can do about that?

Italy wear blue,their flag is red,white and green,and its accepted,no problems,but England's rugby union team had a black away kit for 1 World Cup game and the Kiwi's threw their toys out the cot.

FIFA wanted to throw Cameroon out the 2002 FWC for wearing Sleaveless shirts during the 2002 African Cup.How the heck is a sleaveless shirt dangerous???
    Incorrect. Our away kit has nearly always been red or black, and in the 70's we combined them.
    The only time its never been red and black as an away is when we were in the 3rd tier and we had yellow and black.
    Shame, I liked our bumblebee away kit. Considering our greatest game was played in it.

Also I think we have always had 3 black stripes down that kit or some shit like that, AC Milan have more I believe. Could be wrong

Not to allow them to wear poppies, just because of some disagreements between our media and FIFA is frankly ridiculous!! The poppies represent everybody who died be they English, American, Russian, French, Polish, Australian or any country that fought against fascism!!

You can't compare this to any wrong doings you perceive regarding badges or club colours! Millions of people didn't sacrifice their lives for team colours!!

They say they can't allow it because they can't allow alterations to the strip, the poppies would be printed on, as they do with Premiership strips!!

Temporary tattoos would hardly have the same visible impact!
    I only used those as other forms of double standards regarding kits.

Ya its stupid.FIFA are dick.Last year,during the World Cup,they banned places within a certain distance of any World Cup Stadiums from selling Amstel and Heinken,because it 'wasn't part of the sponsors',thats the sort of people they are.

FIFA are bad,but still for me the worst run board in the ICC,who bend over for the BCCI,what a lack of balls.

Not to allow them to wear poppies, just because of some disagreements between our media and FIFA is frankly ridiculous!! The poppies represent everybody who died be they English, American, Russian, French, Polish, Australian or any country that fought against fascism!!

You can't compare this to any wrong doings you perceive regarding badges or club colours! Millions of people didn't sacrifice their lives for team colours!!

They say they can't allow it because they can't allow alterations to the strip, the poppies would be printed on, as they do with Premiership strips!!

Temporary tattoos would hardly have the same visible impact!

Ya its stupid.FIFA are dick.Last year,during the World Cup,they banned places within a certain distance of any World Cup Stadiums from selling Amstel and Heinken,because it 'wasn't part of the sponsors',thats the sort of people they are.

FIFA are bad,but still for me the worst run board in the ICC,who bend over for the BCCI,what a lack of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile Junkie View Post

Yup, that makes sense as FIFA are all about the money! When it gets to the point when the allocation of World Cup tickets, has a larger proportion going to Corporate rather than fans, then there's a problem!

I agree with you there! Unfortunately there are quite a few sporting governing bodies out there, that are more corrupt than FIFA!

Why did the FA even ask FIFA if they could wear them anyway? They should of just gone and done it. I would of loved to see the fallout from that if FIFA kicked up a stink!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Why did the FA even ask FIFA if they could wear them anyway? They should of just gone and done it. I would of loved to see the fallout from that if FIFA kicked up a stink!
    I suppose they had to, as it's altering the shirt!! You would have thought there would be no issue but FIFA show, once again, how idiotic they are! They would have probably dealt with it like they do everything, punish the F.A. and not care what the fans think!!

Oi, they can wear poppies now, can they. The FIFA allowed them, after a letter from Cameron and William.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Oi, they can wear poppies now, can they. The FIFA allowed them, after a letter from Cameron and William.
    They've had to compromise and will be allowed to wear them on armbands, rather than the shirt! It's still ridiculous though, that it had to go as far as our PM and Prince William getting involved!

well regarding the match,Spain picked Torres in their squad and left out Soldado!!The notion that Del Bosque only picks Valencia players when they leave the club continues...