Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Don't Get Your Panties In A Bunch - It's Just A Name

A lot of the stars today in WWE and to a lesser degree TNA, are using assumed ring names. Daniel Bryan, Michael McGillicutty, Desmond Wolfe for instance. Some fans have taken issue with these often ridiculous names but there is reasoning behind using assumed names and it's not hard to understand - as much as WWE wants to own the names of their superstars, so too do the superstars not want to sell the rights to their own real name. And why would you? We've seen before time and again when stars leave WWE and have to assume a 'new' name.

So before you stop to criticise WWE for re-naming Bryan Danielson Daniel Bryan(and remember HE picked this) and the like, stop to consider that it's as much the worker's choice as the company's. Joe Hennig sure does have a ridiculous name now but I don't care. I'm not going to forget Curt and Larry or the fact that he's Curt's son. The fact that he wanted to protect the Hennig name from the whim of WWE is smart to me.

And it's not like it's only the new guys - Undertaker, Triple H, Goldust, William Regal, Santino Marella, Wade Barrett - the list goes on and on and on.

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Rob your infinite wisdom is shinning bright today, good job. I have no problem if the talents change their name or if they want to keep their real name(bad choice IMO) but its up to them. It's called FREEDOM of choice and damn do I love that. Some people get so mad at names, just look at all the heat I get for mine. I'm not sure what irks people about IPEEINTHESHOWER but it sure does get a reaction out of people. Is it because it is not the norm or is it because I was clever enough to come up with it and they weren't. My name suits me, I am a shameless shower squirter. As long as the name fits the talent too I have no problem with it at all. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
    I have a drinking problem – the bars close at 2 AM.

Blog Entries
    We ALL pee in the shower. Difference is we'll admit it haha

Fresh Member
    I just wanna say mr pee in the shower, ur name is what leads me to read your comments, much respect
    X360 Gamertag- War7head7

Mis......terrr...Anderson.......And..der...son!!!!

I never cared much for what their names were. My panties are only in a bunch when bad ring-skills are involved as well. -not that I wear panties to begin with-

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    Truly, does it really matter what their names are? We'll cheer or boo regardless. Some names are good and some are bad but we'll always be there!
    Ariba!

Blog Entries
    Hey. At least the names aren't something like Zachary Ignacious Taylor. That would really suck.

one thing i noticed from ur logs name is desmond....i gotta say tna names their stars better lol....i wonder what desmonds name would of been in wwe....nigel stewart lol...just saying

i actually dont mind it. if u ask me, its the smart thing to do. if WWE or TNA gets rights to ur real name they can use it till the day u die, maybe even further than that. as long as they have the rights, they can do anything with it. would u want that?

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. i must say I dont wear panties either-not that there is something wrong with that. But I do rock ONESIES!!!

U MAD???

infinite wisdom
    your not cool unless you rock onesies